Last ditch effort to continue enjoying WoW

Feeling pretty disillusioned with Shadowlands. My computer also struggles to handle the size of that game (it’s a pretty cheap laptop) to the point where I couldn’t patch it, so I ultimately had to uninstall.

I tried WoW Classic a while back on the first days it opened, got to level 43, and ended up quitting when I struggled to find help with group quests.

I’m open to trying the world of Classic again, with Burning Crusade, but I’m currently wondering…

-Am I too late at this point?
-Are there genuinely helpful guilds I can join, that would help with low level dungeon runs/group quests and help with teaching someone who knows very little about how Classic works?

I’m looking to roll a Horde warlock on a server, if anyone can suggest a good one.

1 Like

I never understood this question. Are you too late for what, exactly?

1 Like

Finding a good guild, getting to run dungeons, landing a spot in a raiding guild. At this point it seems likely that guilds all have their rosters set up and there isn’t much room for a newcomer. It’s understandable to be concerned right?

Not really. People are always recruiting and doing dungeons.

2 Likes

Recruiting folks who might be new though? It might have been so long that at this point everyone expects everyone else to know everything. Especially considering that this is already an old game we’ve played through before.

I ran into the same problems with P99 EverQuest. It was inconceivable to folks there that some genuinely don’t know the ins and outs of the world completely.

Yes, you’re late. If you want to run with lowbies+ then you’re better off playing SoM.
You might have a chance if you can find a guild willing to help you level but otherwise if you aren’t endgame then best of luck to ye.

Contrary to the negativity in a lot of responses, I agree that this is a very valid concern. Jumping in this far into an expansion is not for the faint of heart. I am actually struggling with this as well since I have an endgame-ready toon that I’m bored with. I’d like to level a new toon, but I don’t have a lot of faith in the experience.

I say this because I’m on a low pop server and have seen exactly three people in Hellfire Peninsula in the last week.

My best advice, if you choose to play, is to do your research and roll on the most populated server you can find.

I wish you luck!

1 Like

I appreciate that, thank you.

I will do just that too. If my research hadn’t failed me, the most popular US option would be Faerlina right?

I usually tell people to just try but considering your history with stopping Classic at 43 when it first started, and that was the peak of grouping, I just don’t know. Finding groups isn’t what TBCC is known for right now, it’s known for most of the player base raid logging.

As already said if you still try TBCC out make sure to pick the most populated faction on a mega server. Faerlina you would have to play horde for example. You should also ask around for leveling guilds that run dungeons.

1 Like

I appreciate the honesty. I just spent the last couple hours or so watching WC3 related videos and got a bit of a nostalgia trip. I haven’t really considered going back to Classic after the bad experience I had the first time, but today got me thinking about it again. I think it would be fun if I could find a friendly and helpful guild that won’t leave me hanging with group required content, but I do wonder if they exist.

Yup for sure. I want to roll a Horde warlock for sure, and I noticed Faerlina has not only the highest population of US servers, but is fairly skewed toward Horde. Unless there’s a good reason not to I’m looking to that as my destination.

2 Likes

Prolly too late for TBC but SoM literally just started 2 weeks ago. Right on time for that!

I actually did look at that as an option. Had saved a name on Jom Gabbar, joined their discord and was ready to go on the night before SoM opened. I ended up giving up though as it felt like every guild listing on there was “pushing hard, no baddies” and “we’re anti-pc be thick skinned”, and I didn’t think I’d have a lot of fun there.

Plus I genuinely do like Outland, so I thought I’d look to playing on TBCC instead.

Tbc for raids SoM for the classic feel

yeah people aren’t going to raid on SoM either, so don’t look for that as an endgame option. People are on SoM for the leveling experience and then abandoning it before BWL comes.

Frankly if you want to run dungeons it’s too late for classic vanilla. You’ll get a few but mostly you’ll be leveling solo in Azeroth. I’m not a big fan of boosts but I have to be honest. Buy a boost, skip Azeroth, and go directly to BC. I transferred from Bloodsail to Atiesh because it was the most populated west coast Pve server and I find BC dungeon groups all the time with both my healer and my dps alts. Not too many on my lower level alts. And there are still guilds looking for raiders. It’s not to late for BC

The reality is yes you are too late. A few people are going to claim otherwise and tell you “all you have to do is find a good guild”.

They are mostly lying. Finding a good guild at this point in the game is nearly impossible if you did not start with them in phase one. Guilds are raid logging, not helping lowbies with dungeons or attunements.

There are some rare exceptions on one the two mega servers, but the average player is simply not going to find this imaginary “good guild” and be able to start this late.

Guilds are whining all the time about not being able to fill their raid rosters yet they also won’t lift a finger to help a new player level up and get raid ready.

This community is absolutely nothing like he community we had in original TBC.

4 Likes

Jom is the Mega server that has a ton of the super sweaty HC players. There are other options. If you want a PvP server. Go to Barman Shanker. I play Horde on there and we average 1300 people active online each day/night.

If you want a PvE server. Shadowstrike has the same kind of population as we do. Based on Census data collected by people including myself. Most people are in the 20 to 35 range. You could easily catch up and find groups.

2 Likes

Look up this person and this guild. There was a post about being for levelers but it seems to be gone now. Could have what you are looking for.

Axxi - of Faerlina

Back in classic vanilla one of our best naxx healers hit 60 on his first ever wow toon towards the end of AQ. It’s never too late.

Wherever you decide to play, make sure it is the highest population server possible.

Any advice to play on low to medium pop servers is disingenuous and will only lead to the concerns you’ve voiced in the OP.

1 Like