Last boss in Return to kara bugged

Kill it on the second ship, it does work
Funny enough Oct 14th still happening...
Still bugged. Majorly... 10/15/2018

No worries boys. I'm confident this is high on their priority list right now with this being the second worst WoW exp pack of all :(
I had this issue, but only took me one try to fix it.... don't kill the boss to fast... take your time, let him get through the stages. If you try bursting him down in stage one you're 100% gonna have it fail and reset. you can burst it phase 2 if you have enough dps, but again, take your time... this fight was meant to finish on the 2nd ship, let it get there.
10/15/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Bishojo
I had this issue, but only took me one try to fix it.... don't kill the boss to fast... take your time, let him get through the stages. If you try bursting him down in stage one you're 100% gonna have it fail and reset. you can burst it phase 2 if you have enough dps, but again, take your time... this fight was meant to finish on the 2nd ship, let it get there.
This isn't reliable either.

I had 17 resets last night. Killed him slow, killed him fast, killed him REAL SLOW (auto shots only). Faced him as I flew into last ship, faced away (both turning away as I flew, or being faced away as I entered the portal), tried to move, to jump, to strafe, to remain completely still. Kept pet up, dismissed pet before 3rd ship, did entire fight without pet.

Nothing mattered. For all the guidance given above, I'd suspect it's only RNG whether you can finish the fight or not. (Except the idea of burning him down before P3. As a mediocre-geared MM, this wasn't happening solo. Could only get him down to about 8% before P3, even pulling out all the stops.)

This is a fer-real bug.

Editing to add: I extended the lockout over the recent reset, gave in, and swapped to Beastmaster. Took a couple of attempts, but I downed Viz'aduum before he could flee P2 and got mah loots. I am never doing the scale legendary quest chain ever again.
confirmed: looking away from the boss while chasing overrides the bug

did it after a lot of attempts and it worked.
This is still bugged 24th october 2018
Still broken, tried all suggestions.
Still bugged. No suggestions work. I'm tired of Blizzard's BS.
It may have been coincidence, but I was running a 110 friend through, and we noticed the reset happened to us 10 times, but it triggered only when *I* landed on the last ship. Our theory became that it was something to do with my being 120; long story short I went back to the bank, got and equipped my artifact weapon, and the next attempt no bugout. Camera changes made no difference, speed of kill made no difference, we couldn't manage to burn him in phase 2. For science I forced a reset by jumping off the ship and tried again, still worked. Might be coincidence, but worth a shot.

TL;DR try using that old artifact weapon that you probably abandoned months ago
09/15/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Eryk
09/13/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Menethus

What I did was simple to complete this was simple. I waited until second ship, I dismissed my pet, and I stopped damaging him while he was casting portal. I also waited until he was landed on the third ship and begun casting his "Stabalize Portal" before I took his demonic portal. And when I landed, I turned my camera away from him while spamming a spell. I combined as many as I could, honestly. It's the only one that worked and I kept trying a bunch of the methods.

What I did was even simpler; kill him on the second platform.

Can confirm.
I tried 2 things, first when you go to the second ship look away. After that when it is like at 100k health burst your dps so it dies before it goes to the tird ship as I tried 3rd ship always resets.
1 Like

Well. This is still bugged. Really not impressed that this bug has been around for so long with no fix. Very annoying.

Same. Boss still bugging for me as well. Have tried above suggestions, not working.

Ya it still bugging and none of the suggestions worked, I tried to step in the portal as soon as possible and it works when I landed earlier than him.

Winterberry! Winterberry! Winterberry! Three cheers and a massive hug! This worked. I had been going down this post trying everything to no avail. I even tried a couple things on top of that. And then I got to your postā€¦hearthed to Dal grabbed my legion weapon and returned to Kara. Boom! First try. I even noticed that it landed me in a different place on both ships compared to my previous attempts. If the reason this glitch has not been fixed is because the Devs still cant figure it out, I hope someone points them to your post. Thanks again!

TL;DR I will name my first born Winterberry, in honor of this method working

For what itā€™s worth, after several failed attempts I noticed a delay in the last ship spawning underneath me, which caused me to pop back to the tower. What worked for me was the suggestion to spam the jump key as I was landing. That kept me from landing completely until the ship was spawned and I was able to finish solo, Level 120, without an old artifact weapon equipped. Hope this helps someone.

1 Like

Arpil 9th 2019, STILL BUGGED! UGH

Thank you, this helped!

Still bugged. None of the methods mentioned in this thread have worked for me. I was finally able to complete it by standing on the portal as soon as he started summoning it, so that I beat the boss to the final ship by a few seconds.

1 Like