Last boss in Return to kara bugged

Viz'aduum the Watcher doesn't seem to be killable right now in Return to Karazhan. He always resets when using the portal to go to the next ship. You can wait a few seconds for him to get to the first ship to avoid that reset, but after many tries using different amounts of waiting around he is always reseting as soon as i land on the final ship.
Same problem here.

*Update*
I was able to kill him. I had to dismiss my pet before the last ship.
Also, I changed the camera angle to give him my back when landing on the final ship. It worked, not sure if the pet being dismissed or the camera angle change helped.

Hope they fix the bug. Good luck!
3 Likes
Turning the camera to face away from Viz'aduum when landing on the ship worked perfectly for me. Thanks for the tip!
1 Like
Confirmed changing camera angles works. Thanks Solario!
Yeap camera works but it would be nice if they fixed it..
1 Like
I kept trying to defeat this guy. I spent over 40 minutes trying him, with about 2-3 minutes per attempt before finally figuring out something that worked for me. At least it worked the one time. Skip to bottom for what I did.

These are the things I heard to try from random sources, across forums and talking to others>
-Don't damage him when he's casting portal and leaving.
-Don't follow him too quickly. Wait until he's shrunk and is flying before taking portals yourself.
-Dismiss pets.
-Someone said to 'wait on second ship'. Didn't work for sure.
-Turn your camera away from him.
-Cast a spell as soon as you're able, anything.

What I did was simple to complete this was simple. I waited until second ship, I dismissed my pet, and I stopped damaging him while he was casting portal. I also waited until he was landed on the third ship and begun casting his "Stabalize Portal" before I took his demonic portal. And when I landed, I turned my camera away from him while spamming a spell. I combined as many as I could, honestly. It's the only one that worked and I kept trying a bunch of the methods.
09/13/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Menethus

What I did was simple to complete this was simple. I waited until second ship, I dismissed my pet, and I stopped damaging him while he was casting portal. I also waited until he was landed on the third ship and begun casting his "Stabalize Portal" before I took his demonic portal. And when I landed, I turned my camera away from him while spamming a spell. I combined as many as I could, honestly. It's the only one that worked and I kept trying a bunch of the methods.

What I did was even simpler; kill him on the second platform.
2 Likes
It's been almost a month and he's still bugged, and turning my back/camera doesn't seem to work... but you can just kill him before last phase.
I love the original Kara and was so excited to see the updated version. This final boss bug has killed that unfortunately. Doesn't matter what I do, dismiss pet, turn camera... I always get ported from the last ship. Cant complete the dungeon, so disappointing.
Still bugged.

I tried all of the suggestions, and it's just not working out.
Still bugged, but on the 10th attempt I spammed bubble when I was about to land on the 3rd ship and I was able to continue the fight. So it can be done with much patience and perseverance.
Keeps looking like its putting me somewhere I couldn't normally stand and so boots back to the start. Such a weird bug.
08/25/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Solario
Same problem here.

*Update*
I was able to kill him. I had to dismiss my pet before the last ship.
Also, I changed the camera angle to give him my back when landing on the final ship. It worked, not sure if the pet being dismissed or the camera angle change helped.

Hope they fix the bug. Good luck!
This worked for me! I dismissed my pet and turned the camera angle away from him. Thank you!
September 25th and it's STILL bugged. If you're not going to fix it, maybe update the Adventure Guide to include the workaround?
Got stuck on this too, the Camera trick worked. Also when teleporting between ships I would right click and drag the camera, this seemed to trigger the reset even on the first portal. After I just let go of the mouse and hope the camera faced away from him. Hope this helps.
not quite sure if it will work for u guys, but try keep moving before u landed on another ship, i got it and i dont change camera or pet
Still bugged.
still bugged as of 10/6/18

after coming across this thread, i tried the camera trick several times and it did not work for me.

what did work was spamming movement keys including jumping while coming in for the landing on the 3rd ship, and spamming sprint (rogue) as soon as I landed. It worked the first time I did it but I can't confirm which of those specifically solved the issue... but it's what I did.
As of 10-9-18 before scheduled maintenance has taken place, it is still bugged. Nothing mentioned above has worked for me, and I'm not strong enough to kill him in phase 2. Hard to get the dungeon achieve when a bug prevents you from killing the boss.
still bugged as of today, october 12 2018