Larian Studios calls out Blizzard

I’m at least getting a chuckle out of the reviews and articles.

I tried to play the game, even just moving around was annoying as hell and no amount of bear cinematics will improve that.

1 Like

It’s too slow for me… I’m going to pirate it (yes i said it) Two hours in a game like this is just not enough time to get an opinion.

I’ll buy it again if I like it

1 Like

It’s a Garmuck troll thread. I’m not sure what anyone expected. Apparently his ban didn’t last long enough.

Yeah, but you can say that about anything. How many lives has Reddit, Facebook, Myspace, 4chan, 9gag, etc ruined? That’s not really the point of my response.

My point is small gaming studios should ABSOLUTELY call out the predatory and irresponsible antics of large publishers.

4 Likes

They can’t because next game they’re gonna do the same thing

Sorry, responded to the wrong person, ignore me!

The betrayal of being knocked down on your friends top friends list…

4 Likes

LOL, that one hurt as a young kid, not gonna lie.

1 Like

I think I use that for a day. I think it still exists. I completely deleted facebook

3 Likes

Larian created a fantastic game and it is absolutely a game that should become a new standard that developers aim for much like other influential games. In fact WoW is probably the biggest example of a game raising and setting a standard for games.

It has its problems, absolutely - but at least we’re not the Overwatch 2 community :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

8 Likes

Diablo community is also so edgy youd think my chemical romance was back in fashion

3 Likes

It is the first indie title, and CRPG that pulls the kind of numbers that it do. A huge CRPG with no microtransactions, no battle-pass, no day one DLC for extra content.

Its existence alone is basically a huge middle-finger to the current game industry, where games from companies have started to really live out their ‘horse armor’ fantasies in all of their titles, not just multiplayer titles, but single player titles too.

It is basically ‘feature complete’ aka, you do not have to purchase anything on the side to receive a little extra, no special promotional material from other sources, you pay 59,99 euro or whatever it is in dollars right now, and you get all of the content.

It is great too.

And of course, the fact that it is a CRPG, which we know is a very niche genre and have been for long, that pulls in 850.000+ players in the second week after its initial release, is a testament to how great the game itself is… and that is just Steam… that is not mentioning GOG or consoles.

Sven only expected 100.000, poor guy, the sense of pride and accomplishment he must feel must be overwhelming. In comparison, I believe that their previous game, Divinity: Original Sin 2 peaked at 90.000 players.

My hope is, is that it is a game that shakes up the game industry, and also makes more people realise what kind of crap games they are buying into currently, and makes them see what we could get instead, if we just all reject microtransactions, battle-passes, etc.

20 Likes

I would GLADLY rather wait years for a good game with tons of content and replayability than get something sooner with the trade off that it’s a steaming pile of corporate trash. Why is this even a question?

15 Likes

ROFL like they have the right.

6 Likes

Agreed. I miss first and second edition.

1 Like

The drama behind this is such nonsense.

Other devs basically complimented how good BG3 was, and that it was unreasonable to always expect games of that quality.

Somehow people warped that into “triple AAA devs are actually really mad and insulted BG3.”

The drama on the steam forums is pretty entertaining though. Whole lotta people mad at companions being playersexual.

3 Likes

This is not the first or only game to do this. It pulling the numbers it does doesn’t tell me anything about it to begin with. So I still do not see what is so big and grand about the game itself.

Is it, or is it a testament to the power of hype trains and long preorder windows with lots of advertising?

I’m sure it’s not as bad when it comes to difficulty curves as other CRPGs, and it is probably helped along with its graphics which normals require to play video games. But Critical Role did a lot to get normies into DnD, and it being 5th edition it probably already had more mass appeal than the more esoteric systems in the older BG games or Pathfinder’s obtuseness at the character creation screen which puts people off from Wrath of the Righteous. I’m sure it’s also not as obtuse as DivOS 1&2 could often be.

The whole bear incident also drummed up a lot of publicity for the game.

It won’t. Not a problem for me either way, since I don’t buy into all those things anyway. Also, don’t get your hopes up that BG3 won’t have DLC. It will. The DivOS 2 had DLC as well.

As I said, I’m sure it’s a good game. But I’m immediately skeptical when people proclaim this game to be industry-shattering and the best game ever made.

2 Likes

Been a while. You just getting back from your ban…I mean vacation?

Also, no one cares about game developing nerds throwing shade at each other.

As would I, however, we wouldn’t have ended up in today’s WoW with rapid-fire patches if Blizzard felt that’s where most of their players were.

The “I’m Bored! I Did Easy Mode And Now Have Nothing To Do!” syndrome seems to be dictating the game’s development around here, these days.

1 Like

Baldur’s Gate 3 probably has more people playing it than wow does. It’s a completely different style of game though. I’m completely addicted to BG3 & can’t stop playing it, I have zero desire to play WoW again anytime soon.

16 Likes