Lament of The Highborne 2019(Sylvanas VA)

I’m completely undone! Wow Ms. Mattson ^#$&# WOW!!

36 Likes

Patty Mattson is so wonderful and all of the Blizz devs seem to love her. This really very successfully captures why Sylvanas is such an interesting character with a great voice actor behind her. It just highlights why I don’t believe they would throw all of that out of the window for “lolbadguy”.

33 Likes

I can’t seem to stop listening to this, I’ve repeated back to 1:10 about 30 times now.

4 Likes

It’s a shame that we’re about two patches away from Blizzard suggesting that she actually orchestrated the Scourge invasion as part of N’Zoth’s long game.

5 Likes

I really like this, more of a war driven feeling. Although I like Vangie Gun’s voice better for the song, but because its done by Sylvanas’ voice actor it sounds more authentically Sylvanas especially the end. Well done.

Edit: Actually after listening to it a few times I think the original is perfect for the Blood Elves and the 3rd War and this version is just so perfectly Sylvanas. Driving and haunting. Love it. Patty did a excellent job because she still dives like Sylvanas and the breath control it takes to pull this song off is insane. Very well executed.

7 Likes

i mean they have been shoving her out that window since bfa began. blizzard doesnt like interesting characters i guess.

a friend of mine even says it almost feels like patty is saying goodbye, and if that is the case, then ow…my heart

11 Likes

Wow. This blew me away. Thanks for sharing!

5 Likes

Yeah thanks for sharing! That was great.

It is awesome to hear it in Sylvanas’s voice. And the images are like a “Best Of” reel.

My favorite is when she is on the throne of Lordaeron. She looks ready to be a snarky witch. But the other images of her angry faces are also comforting - they make me feel safe. As if Sylvanas is going to kill all the bad people who make her angry! Dark Lady watch over you!

4 Likes

thanks for sharing but sylvanas is still a terrible character

3 Likes

maybe, but if sylvanas does die or get removed from the story, i hope patty finds more good work. she deserves that at least.

12 Likes

Did she do this just because? If so that’s especially awesome. I like the other version too, but this one is a nice kind of development on Sylvanas as she is now.

2 Likes

she did it because its her birthday

1 Like

It’s her party, and she can lament if she wants to.

Lament if she wants to

Lament if she wants to

You would lament too, if it happened to you.

5 Likes

This is good. I like it.

Makes me mad that they’ve done nothing but make me hate hate Sylvanas since Legion ended.

4 Likes

Did you not play cata?

3 Likes

Man, a friggen LOVE Patty, she’s such a beautiful and sweet woman.

But man, do I absolutely HATE Sylvanas right now. She’s a vile, selfish, dictator.

What a pickle, I’m in!

2 Likes

If you’re referring to Gilneas that wasn’t anywhere near as bad as Teldrassil.

I choose to focus on the aspect of her that I like and not tube maniac that that turned her into. It is hard though.

2 Likes

I mean there’s also Southshore.

3 Likes

It just makes me feel sad for Patty. She’s always trying so hard to stay positive about Sylvanas despite her current character. This tweet in particular is really heart-breaking. “her best self”
(took a while to find)

11 Likes

It breaks my heart, because I really thought (or hoped) they made her Warchief to give her an arc where she’d come to care for the whole Horde and basically still be her ruthless cut-throat self towards the Alliance. But no, we have to make her against the Horde and her own people (with the blighting and killing retreating forsaken fiasco) so it sucks. It feels like wasted potential.

21 Likes