Lag/Jittering with every quest hand-in/Level up

Well i am finally burned out :frowning: i have been playing too much and the bug was the last straw. Gonna quit, not sure for how long, but good luck to all of you out there and have fun.

Oh well, good luck man hopefully the game is still here (without bugs) when you decide to come back. Have fun playing whatever you want (I’d recommend FFXIV if thats your thing).

Meanwhile… 9 days and counting.

This is seriously ridiculous, I can’t remember anything like this in 5 years of subscribing and it reflects terribly on the devs and Activision.

6 Likes

Nah i am just tired of MMO in general, gonna go play somethings else.

Not sure how patient you think we should be dealing with a 9 day old bug that has the potential to brick our harddrives. Damaging ( or wearing out ) our hardware is a pretty big deal.

I cannot even play retail at all with this bug. I know my HDD is 2 years old with a lot of gaming miles on it. I can not risk it…and Blizzard has no haste nor urgency dealing with this serious issue.

To be fair, content development and technical backend are separate teams on a project as big as WoW.

Better be some compensation heading our way for this major craptastic job theyre doing at fixing this 9 days old bug thats been causing serious gaming problem for us in wow and to our hardware. Yet a fix was founded by someone that posted it on reddit. Actually we should all be demanding compensation!! cmon ppl, lets do it!!!

2 Likes

The bug persist. Now the real question is: is this bug affecting our hardware in anyway? Try no to “guess” but give an objective answer

Read the thread. Been discussed a ton.

As said before, it is a lot of rapidly added stress. Won’t kill a drive on its own but it will shorten the life and can finish off a drive that’s already close to failing.

2 Likes

Thanx! I will just use the workaround

1 Like

Over 600 comments now. Keep em coming

1 Like

No blue posts since the failed fix notice… they should appear to give us some status at least…

5 Likes

That is incorrect as Acti-Blizz had a banner year in the financials. As such, Bobby-boy canned them in celebration. They’ve been replaced with hamsters holding pencils. :hamster:

other than “we’re still working on it”, what more do you expect them to say? they’re probably waiting till they have a confirmed ETA on when this’ll be fixed.

I think there’s an issue with game logs since patch and it affects slower drives.

This has worked for me:

Go to your installation location and then: "retail"

Open the “Logs” folder.

Find the Hotfix file and right click > Properties

Go to Security >Select Everyone>Edit>check Deny for everything

This worked wonders for me. 10/10 fixed

1 Like

Nice Copy & Paste job, dude. This was posted ages ago. People have opted to set the files to “read only” instead of changing permissions.

Perhaps you should read the whole thread before posting.

5 Likes

This is becoming pathetic. Purchased my subscription 8/30, had one good month.

2 Likes

Blizzard just going to wait till Tuesday reset to resolve this issue… game is playable but annoying at the same time

1 Like

Sure. I’ll just read 619 comments just to know if I can post the fix I found after searching a bit.
I have something called a life.