Lag in Azure span

12/11 in the pm and still having this problem

1 Like

Oh! It’s the soup? I’ve been really frustrated all day. I didn’t realize it was just the Azure span. I was like…I haven’t changed anything and latency is low, why am I lagging? And it’s everything from combat to professions to quests. I was sitting here thinking I can’t even enter a dungeon because I’d probably die with the level of lag. It didn’t occur to me it was the zone. I just left the Azure Span and the lag ended. Thank you! (They really do need to fix this!!)

1 Like

It’s still bad in Sargeras too. The other day it was about a 2 second delay, today it’s about 5 seconds so it seems to be worse???

1 Like

Yeah, seeing this on Aerie Peak-US, too…Just started questing in Azure Span, and I’m definitely seeing input lag in the zone whenever I interact with anything (even saw it with fishing casts).

1 Like

It’s definitely not because of the soup event. That event lasts for 15 minutes once every 3 and half hours.

Many think it’s Cobalt farming, but there’s also some other hyper spawns with a slew of enemies constantly respawning if being farmed in the zone as well.

I think it’s definitely player-driven because if you swap to a lesser populated shard (like say a WARMODE shard) where you don’t have players ‘farming’ to the same extent the lag goes away. (at least in my experience/region)

The lag in AZURE SPAN was unbearable most of the weekend!!!

I play on US / Dawnbringer, but many players from many realms complained about it on chat too…

Please, fix it once and for all, Blizz :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is also unbearable on Alterac Mountains US. Something needs to be done for this issue, or that zone is dead essentially. I actively avoid that zone for everything except a weekly trip to the soup event and bi-weekly world quests, which feel terrible to get through with the lag. I would like to do more there, but it feels unplayable compared to how the game normally feels.

This is by far my biggest complaint about this expansion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.