Lack of roleplay [H]

Hi all,

I’ve been really trying to dig into Classic. I know (relatively) what I’d like to play, and really want Bloodsail to be my ‘home base’ server. However, in my time playing here I haven’t seen or heard about much Horde RP. When it was the first few weeks of Classic, the explanation as to why there wasn’t much RP was that folks were leveling (which I understand!)

With Phase 2, I wanted to try and jump back in and see if things might have changed, and possibly find a RP guild. I know there’s a discord server for BB which I do check frequently, but the reality seems to be that most guilds are primarily focused on raiding and PVP, with RP being accepted but not a necessity. I’m not saying that every guild needs to be oriented towards RP, but I was hoping that Classic’s only roleplay server (not counting RPPVP) would have more of an interest in, well, roleplay.

I’m frankly getting a bit tired of seeing all the trolls with names that don’t even resemble something lore-friendly. I understand Alliance is a bit more established in this regard, but it’s still quite frustrating that RP encounters have been few and far between for me here on Horde.

4 Likes

I too am looking for RP guilds on the Horde side. I’m moving over from Grobbulus due to Phase 2 making it literally unplayable for me. I’ve been looking for guilds, researched the discord, etc, but am finding a similar situation.

Before it’s mentioned, no, I do not want to lead a guild. I’ve done that, and have realized that I’m just too old at this point. But I’d be willing to help someone else.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that there are others out there that feel the same.

I just wanted to chime in. I have to admit I feel pretty similar. I started a few weeks after Classic came out. Joined a guild or two that petered out then I sort of petered out which made me sad because I really enjoy the slower pace of the game. I did not play Vanilla Warcraft, so this is a new experience for me.

I’d love to find a roleplay focused guild that does PVE, and maybe because I have odd play times, that there just doesn’t seem to be many around Horde side anyways. Or maybe I’m not looking in the right place. While I’m just a little to shy to walk up to folks and start RP. I’d defiantly respond if someone attempted to RP. Says so in my TRP and everything! :slight_smile:

But I thought I’d extend a hand (to both of you), and I get how you’re feeling. That said feel free to add me (Philomenna) in game, and if you see me online and the mood for RP strikes, I would be down for that. As long as you don’t mind an odd ball sorta Forsaken adventuring with you.

1 Like

On my undead warrior, I have seen small groups of RPers in the inn at Brill. Usually very late night/ early morning. I don’t play that toon very much with 8 alli ones going. when I do, it’s usually in the middle of the night, my time as well as server time.

Seems most RP is done in Guilds.

Alliance are also significantly more populated on this realm than the horde from what I understand, so it might just be a population thing.

Might also just be people reliving classic at first, leveling again, and I’ve seen alot of RP profiles saying they are only caually RPing till they reach max level.

Alliance also have better, and easier access to some nice RP spots, doesn’t feel like the horde has a ton of really nice spots.

My guild was doing their events over in Red Ridge, we recently decided to move things over to Thunderbluff though.

Just gotta find people. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I rolled an undead mage here in the hopes of RPing as a Tailor/Enchanter that made and sold shabby Items. I gave the character a specific name(nothing offensive) that was more like a brand name than a person’s name knowing it would be displayed on the items I made/sold as that was going to be my main RP on that character. In the time it took me to level 1-8 I received so many rude messages cursing at me and telling me I was being reported for not having an “rp name” that I just gave up on the server and character and it has sat at level 8 and not been logged back on.

2 Likes

That’s a shame, that sounds like quite an interesting concept for a character. You see a lot of people rolling pve and PvP into their character concept, but not a lot of the economic aspect of the game.

3 Likes

Considering all the incessant hopping people do, I have to guess that the majority of this server are RPing bunny rabbits and we just can’t understand their language.

Sorry. That just drives me nuts; all the hopping, lol

2 Likes

This makes me especially sad and frustrated because the event I keep thinking about doing on Horde is one of those big market days where RP-crafters can sell their wares ICly together along with some food/drink vendors. Your character would have been perfect for that!

It doesn’t help to log in and see a bunch of actually non-RP names traipsing about, either.

I haven’t spent as much time Hordeside as I’d like – it is always quieter over there, though I have had some conversations about RPing in Tirisfal. Like a lot of the feeling A-side, there is so much potential for RP – so many people open to it and looking for it – and just not enough connection happening.

What about the chat channels, like /rp? And is there a /buzzbox or similar IC channel H-side? I find they are too quiet A-side no less H-side, but I’m never on in prime time either.

1 Like

I re-rolled my Vanilla main; my Forsaken Protection Warrior Qthulhu, on Bloodsail Buccaneers in Classic, hoping to develop a RP guild.

I’m still hoping…

I will be ingame this Sunday, 1 December, in the afternoon, EST. I will pick up a Guild Charter in Undercity. If I get nine Horde players who want to have some serious RP fun in Classic, let’s go!

I will add you on my little Troll shammy, Tikidali, who is still guildless. Will at least sign the charter. Quince, Quince, Quince. I think I can remember. Or is it Qthulhu? I better add both, or whichever one is found. I still have to come up with a backstory for that one but I’m pretty sure she is in search of her missing toes. Maybe we can also find your elbows :wink:

1 Like

BTW, love this idea! Blast people for assuming without asking 1st. damn. :frowning: I may put something similar into one of my toon’s my RP description. She’s herb/skinner. It’s almost impossible to AH stacks last I tried because of all the single item entries

1 Like

Well, Qthulhu has no lower jaw…so maybe everyone in the guild will be in search of a different body part.

Or is that simply too Wizard of Oz? [Quince stealths off, whistling: “If I only had a brain…”]

2 Likes

Quince, I will make a note of playing my dead girl Bangaal tomorrow afternoon and see if I can’t catch you to at least give you a signature. Bangaal was my very first real WoW character (got to level 11 or something in the open beta) and demands re-creation every now and then – maybe the support system of an RP guild would keep her going this time around.

1 Like

Thank You, Lorith!

The Guild Charter will be on my Classic WoW, Qthulhu, (who’s only level 20, so this is decidedly an alt-low(‘_’)bie guild. (But 20’s a good level to Tank in the Vanilla Style for low-level alts!)

The Guild will be named Lustmord…

1 Like

I would LOVE to have seriously fun Crafters in the new RP guild!

Qthulhu, my Classic Main’s spending as much time leveling Blacksmithing and Armorsmithing as leveling, and Quince’s leveling Herbalism and Alchemy—which turn out to be a great combo for Rogues, I’ve found.

OK, so why are Alliance players so much kinder, and so much more inarrested (Quince) in RP, than my fellow Horde players?

I did know extremely kind Horde players in Vanilla, though that was on a PvE server…

I made this undead mage without a lower jaw, too. I typed into TotalRP that he took a vow to always feed the hungry, and ripped off his own jaw to prevent going back on his word.

The background behind that is that my main is a holy priest who drinks like a fish and I always feel bad asking mages for water. Now that I’m a mage, I want to give water to everyone, especially priests! I thought it would be cool to make a character who’s on a mission to make sure everyone has food and water. And the jaw thing is just metal as hell.

Am I late?? or early? 2:30pm realm time. I’m in UC Not seeing Quince’s toons or Lorith’s online nor anyone looking for sigs in chat.

I remember seeing a lot of threads like this during the first few weeks of BB’s life, and thinking, “It’s just because everyone is invested in enjoying the gameplay and questing. It’ll even out once people have leveled up a bit and maybe reached 60.” Now however, as Mumbaba points out, it seems that most of the larger, more established guilds are those that make PvE/PvP their priority and don’t have any serious RP priorities.

It probably doesn’t help that this server leans Alliance (somewhat heavily, I’ve heard), but to be honest, I’m not sure if it’s any better over on the Alliance side. To my fellow Bloodsail Alliance players—how do you feel that the RP is developing over on the blue side?

One theory I have for there being less RP than we expected is that it’s daunting, and different. Most heavy RPers that I know came to Classic, found it interesting for awhile, but were inevitably pulled back to Retail where their character (whose story they have invested in for years, in some cases) still exists, and where they still have an active RP scene and RP partners. It’s difficult to start something new in a different timeline, on a brand new server, in a game where—let’s be honest—you can’t get the look you want as easily due to lack of transmog.

That might not be a deterrent to us who are still playing Classic, but to some RPers who moved back to Retail, I can almost guarantee that the updated models and plethora of transmog options were beginning to look more and more appealing after spending enough time in the Azeroth of 2004.

Regardless, I have hopes that over time, as people gear up, there will be more of an interest in RP developing. I am still running <Royal Apothecary Society> here on the server (with my warlock Soulblighter), but our numbers have mostly dried up as the initial surge of curious Classic joiners washed back out to sea.

If anyone is looking for Forsaken community RP, I have plans soon as Maerlyn to host regular sermons of the Forgotten Shadow in either Brill or The Sepulcher to gauge interest in how many Forsaken RPers are still around consistently. If anyone is looking for a Forsaken RP guild, <Royal Apothecary Society> is fairly quiet these days, but all it takes is a few members to spark a bit of activity, and our doors are still open.

3 Likes