Lack of PvP on a PvP server

I find it odd that pretty much the majority of alliance sticks to PvE when this is an RP-PVP server - I have not seen one PvP guild recruiting on alliance side since starting the grind to 70 nor after hitting 70. Why?

4 Likes

Welcome to choosing that faction. On the opposite side to many people on Horde PvP causing us to have 40 minute ques. So in the word of all the Alliance players telling us to shut up about que times, right back at you about lack of WPvP or PvP participation Alliance side. Sorry mate, how the game is build now days.

1 Like

Uhh, no. Don’t play on a PvP server if you aren’t going to pvp, pretty simple idea. They have literal pve servers for that reason lol.

Then don’t play on an —>RP<— Pvp server if you don’t want a community that prioritizes writing, story telling, and roleplay over pvp.

They have literal pvp servers for that reason lol

7 Likes

Uhh, it’s rp-pvp - not just RP - lmao. Nice argument

1 Like

Yes. I see you got my point.

Where would you like your gold star sticker?

3 Likes

No Mercy Mafia is recruiting. Wpvp guild.

1 Like

Need more WPVP. I suppose if the Horde just started 40 man roving bands of world pvp ganking everyone. The Alliance will respond.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t work.

You’d have this situation:

Alliance/Krusty Burglar sneaking in to rally a defense.
Horde/Homer the Clown: Oh my god, they’re coming to rally a defense!!!

horde completely stomps out the alliance

Lowbie Alliance: “Stop it! Stop it! They’re already dead! sobs”

Then don’t role on a rp server. Grobb is a RP server with PVP as there’s people like me who wanna play WoW but rolling on a PvE server is just boring. You also have people who prefer it as they came from Retail’s equivalent (Emerald Dream). There are other, more competitive PVP servers you can roll on.

And a lot of people on both sides of grobb rn are focusing on PVE and downing raids to gear up. Can’t PVP if ya dont have decent gear. Like I got 8/9 T3 and its good for SL/SL lock due to the tier bonuses, but T4 is absolutely nutty.

And with open world pvp I have a feeling you’re either on the wrong layer (Grobb has 2 in Outlands) or logging in at the wrong times. As yesterday there was a huge pvp battle (25 vs 30 ish, it fluctuated between both sides) on Layer 1 between 3pm ST- 5PM ST in Halaa with Ally and Horde contesting flip flopping dominance. Got about 50 tokens from that brawl.

1 Like

I don’t mean open world pvp - let me ask you, if you went and sat in trade or world for an hour - how many pvp guilds would you see recruiting? I bet at least a few - sit in alliance chat for hours and you wouldn’t see any pvp guilds, because there is literally none. That’s what I am saying in terms of lack of pvp lol. PvP is BG’s, arena, and also open world PvP. Only thing that’s going to get the majority of your pvp gear is BG’s and arena though, so I consider those two the main focus when it comes to a PVP guild and I haven’t seen any. Maybe after people get fully geared there will be more pve guilds transitioning to pvp and pve but I am just not used to there being absolutely no sole pvp guilds lol

Off the top of my head, here are active guilds I know of on Ally that PVP a lot, Like these guys regularly cause skirmishes and know their classes, but they aren’t 100% PVP.:

-Damage Networks (10/10 PVPers. These guys have made Stranglethorn on Sundays a nightmare bc they want to keep their stranglehold on the fishing tournament. [Badumtsssh] )
-Dwarven Overlords (RP and PVP. The absolute chads of Ally)
-No Mercy Mafia
-Simarils
-Obsidian Sun Company
-The Calvary , but they’re kinda trashy imo.

Like I said in my prev post, if these guilds dont really fit your criteria bc it’s not 1000% PVP, then I just reccomend transferring to a server that cares more about pvp and premades like Faerlina and Whitemane. I hated going up against ally whitemane premades.

1 Like

Vast majority of people playing classic have a similar mindset and that is to maximize their potential, which involves raiding. Regardless of how they prioritize RP vs PvP mostly people want to raid which requires a larger raiding guild… so the notion of “pvp guilds” hardly applies tbh

Do they even allow transfers to servers with high population? I thought it was only transfers to server with low population etc

I feel like I have seen this a lifetime ago but cant remember when.

Pvping without resilence sucks, also getting resilence sucks and takes over 60+hours of effort for a single piece

So i’m not surprised people are taking more of a PVE focus this expansion, It’s way less effort and more fun

That is true, everyone wants to min/max like crazy now - though I seem to remember in original BC there were more sole PvP guilds. I originally didn’t start playing until late BC and by then PvP gear was much easier to acquire than it is right now in p1. During later phases there will probably be more guilds focused on PvP, hopefully. This is Pause by the way lol

Look, HypnoToad.

“Though I seem to remember in original BC were more sole pvp guilds.”

That time has come and gone and though some of us would like to relive our escapades, we have to come to grips that this is the same expansion but a new reality. As the saying goes: “You can’t cross the same river twice.”

Heck, I miss the way things were too because back then? I got away with murder. But that was THIS expansion nearly 14 years ago. Different generation of people, different social norms, different mindset.

Accept it or go mad…

… Though I wouldn’t discourage you from the latter. You haven’t lived until you’ve gone completely insane at least once in your life.

I understand you think your opinion matters posting on a level 14 alt, but every post you’ve made I haven’t read nor gave any consideration. Why would I when you can’t even post on an account proving you actually play the game, lol.

“I haven’t read nor gave any consideration.”

All evidence to the contrary.