Lack of moderation is just killing these forums

I mean credibility is a thing. I’m not saying in this instance score equals wisdom… But I mean they did theoretically earn it through knowledge/skill.

It’s not the only thing someone should care about but we do that in real life too.

you wanted them to be payed a living wage.
you did this to us.

I don’t agree with what people say on the forums. Why aren’t they being banned???

2 Likes

But the text didn’t change in this case. It’s the exact same statement.

1 Like

That’s why it’s credibility.

People said a lot of things during covid about masks or not masks… People said a lot of things about the origination of the virus.

It took people with credibility saying the same thing to get everyone to listen. To make policy.

Oh there is moderation… To remove posts that have been wrongfully marked as trolling.

4 Likes

Mother of god.

If I say “that building is blue” it doesn’t matter if I’m a painter or not if the building is blue.

2 Likes

That isn’t unique to just the PvP forums.

I don’t think that had anything todo with it. Blizzard just figured out a way to make more money. =/

No… but not everyone listens to just anyone too.

Thats life

MVPs have no more power than we do. Just like you or I, they can only try to redirect the conversation in a more positive manner, if they even decide to participate in the thread at all .

The only minor difference is that they have contacts to reach out to, but even then they can only point out what they think should be looked into by Blizzard staff. It’s a relatively minor voluntary role.

The forums are pretty much player moderated through flagging and placing trouble makers on ignore.

It’s cheaper to do it this way because the limited group of actual moderators are tasked with overseeing all of the Blizzard forums, from my understanding.

If you have an issue with a post, flag it and place the poster on ignore if you deem it appropriate. Unless Blizzard changes to an account wide system, like Battle-tags, that’s pretty much the only option we have at this time for one-offs.

2 Likes

The forums were at their worst when mods were ban happy.

3 Likes

That’s it. It’s just about having people that are involved in the community and recognized as such. No more power. No extra moderation. Just involvement.

Flagging doesn’t do much and good posts get flagged all the time by trolls. I have had posts flagged a ton of times, only to be restored later on. That’s part of the problem as well.

11 Likes

It’s not about bans though. Well, that isn’t what I would want. It’s just about visibility and involvement.

Like right now there are a bunch of threads going back and forth on cheating in RSS. A single blue post could squash it. Is there cheating? Then acknowledge that they will look into it or are aware of it or it doesn’t exist. Anything.

There are tons of players who feel like cheating is so rampant the game isn’t worth playing. I don’t see it. I have tons of games played and have never come across it. Now, I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but what does it look like? This goes on and on. In the end, I want what’s best for the game and the community. If what they are seeing is right, then we should all know about it. If it’s not, then we can start addressing the other issues.

Regardless, it’s hard to know who is just trolling or who has a legitimate issue or saw a legitimate cheat/hack.

11 Likes

I agree that it can be a little chaotic at times. Anyone here can whip up a fresh classic 55 Death Knight and skirt ignores whiles continuing their mission on the forums.

Some people don’t know that with a single account anyone can create 60 retail and 50 classic posting characters. That’s 110 separate “posters”. (For a single person)

2 Likes

Yea. It happened a bunch when the whole multi boxing thing was going down. There were a few people burying every other post. I’m glad that was finally taken care of.

If you think moderation is bad here, you should see FF XIV’s GD. I like it around here.

1 Like

The MVP’s who were considered ‘general chat’ MVP’s have mostly quit. There was one horde one that was pretty much despised by everyone and I haven’t seen him in forever. Snowfox stepped down forever ago, and I’m not even sure if they still play. The gnome warrior dude (I don’t remember his name), I haven’t seen since I think Legion. But none of them have moderation powers… They only really help direct the flow of conversation. Some good, others not so good.

Suspensions and bans are account wide though.

Yep, that’s all I would be looking for. And do agree. To be honest, most of the GD mvps were incredibly out of touch. Some of the sub forums ones are better, but it’s unfortunate that more people aren’t… ‘rewarded’ with these titles. OR, maybe more people could be given titles on the forums in general. In the end it’s not a great substitution for actual moderation, but I’d love to offer up just some low cost or low impact solutions.

Respectful players don’t come to the GD forums. They stay in guild forums and discords. GD is mostly for dramatic quit posts and endless complaints on how the game doesn’t play like someone thinks it should.

Rare if there anything useful discussed here.