Lack of moderation is just killing these forums

Well if people could behave like adults, moderation really wouldn’t be that needed. But because a subset likes to act like spoiled children, we need a hall monitor to deal with them.

1 Like

I didn’t think that you were, but thanks for clarifying. :+1:

2 Likes

On a side note tf does an MVP even do or why should anyone care to obtain such a thing? Is it just for the green text?

1 Like

Go to r/wow on Reddit if you crave more moderation.

1 Like

That’s more of a dictatorship than fair moderation over there. In every section.

2 Likes

It is at the bottom of this pinned thread. Welcome! Please read--

Most MVPs just do what they were already doing which is usually answering questions, linking to information, etc. Esp in TS/CS. Those folks were already doing it, and were asked if they are willing to still do that, but in green. They did not apply. That is about it. It helps people find a post faster that is more likely to have current information, instead of trolling them and telling them to ALT-F4.

For the WoW community MVP program in 2018 they did take applications. Again though, it was for people already active on the forums and most had good intentions - like Neall with friendship moose, Lull with transmogs (although she was already green but everyone had to apply again I think?). A few wanted it for personal promotion and to build their brand. Those did not last long.

2018 was the last time they did the WoW Community MVP program. Last TS/CS person was asked to be involved in 2019. People move on, change games, life happens. A fair number also now work in the gaming industry and stepped down to avoid conflict of interest.

5 Likes

haha. That place is awful. I had a meme removed because it wasn’t ‘wow’ enough.

I then saw the SAME meme a week later on the front page…

Imgur

People lost their minds there during covid.

3 Likes

seems to be a trend with successful businesses…

those businesses that don’t look for ways to do more money were nice and all but … they don’t seem to be with us anymore.

Companies run on their good names until they don’t. They can run them into the ground and make millions doing it. The end product just slowly gets worse. It’s unfortunate, but I get it.

1 Like

Are they?

Some of those people may of had some bad takes but to be honest I’d say a lot of the real toxic people are still around

This is the only thing that green text means, and they should be treated with suspicion.

3 Likes

There really does need to be more moderation around here. Way too many posts get completely derailed by the same people and nothing ever seems to be done about it.

2 Likes

You could of just said “snitch” instead of typing all that out. Which would be accurate.

1 Like

This is GD , its a place where ppl vent their frustrations , let their egos go wild and loose control over their negative and positive emotions regularly .

If this forum was moderated by a bot perfectly , then everybody would have been banned

3 Likes

Thanks for reminding of something I forgot to do last night.

Also, it’s could have or could’ve.

Lack of moderation is just killing these forums

The law is for the lawless and the law breaker.
Moderation isnt killing this forum, those who cant self moderate are.

1 Like

This is true.

No, Green text actually go under a lot of scrutiny and get a lot of hate. They do not get respect handed to them.

That goes especially for the jokesters of Community Council members with yellow text.

3 Likes

We have an unofficial understanding of who is and who isnt an MVP around here. They will keep things in order.

As they should. Its a terrible system.

The MVP program was intended to facilitate discussion. Players were chosen based on their history of constructive discussion. After a new MVP had joined the program, they were basically on their own and had no real contacts within Blizzard.

Over the years, a few players who didn’t fit into that model became part of the program and were removed. Blizzard decided to phase out the program by no longer recruiting after one bad actor, a streamer who was condescending to other players in the forum over an extended period of time, essentially destroyed the credibility of the program and made it a joke. Eventually he was removed, but the damage was done. So now, years later, we still occasionally see players making comments about MVP’s being useless or counterproductive even though it was just that one guy who should have been booted out early.

3 Likes