Lack of Male leaders in WoW

And honestly, if we were talking about realism, the expectation would be like 99% male leaders and fighters. I think the current split, which I think is about 50%, is much more enjoyable to the eyes.

And seriously Theralion is a much more masculine Aliance leader than Anduin could ever be.

now step on me lady Jaina
/waggle

Yeah I might be wrong, idk much about Vulpera.

All I know is that dolly dot girl, who I assumed was the leader LOL.

If you view that as hypocrisy then that’s your prerogative

its all good but the others look right
dolly is what we call a best friend when we need a cheer up

1 Like

Edited with correction, so now 15 male, 10 female from what I see.

1. Void Elf = Female Leader
  2. LF Draenei = Male Leader
  3. DI Dwarf = Female Leader
  4. Kul’tiran = Female Leader
  5. Mechagnome = Male Leader
  6. Nightborne = Female Leader
  7. Highmountain = Female Leader
  8. Maghar Orc = Female Leader
  9. Zandalari Troll = Female Leader
  10. Vulpera = Female Leader

This kind of supports his argument that this is a recent push though. If you look at the newest races. 8 of them are female out of 10. So this isn’t a very strong argument if you are looking for the anti-agenda argument.

7 Likes

They shouldn’t have fridged Zaela.

Nobody got fridged, lol. Please don’t use terms invented by terrible fan-fiction writers.

Why… just why?

1 Like

It’s a very difficult topic to make because people assume the worst out of me instead of actually participating. I’m just being called a ‘bigot’ in long form.

I forgot about this one, and AGAIN: I’m not saying female leads are a bad thing. I’m saying that PERHAPS they are going too fast and we are losing some lovable male leads as a sacrifice.

I’m mostly referring to important male/female leads, but you are correct. The characters you have to google the names of are about even. :slight_smile:

Replies in bold, what did I miss?

1 Like

for me its fun to poke holes at some people post lol
call me evil but i love it

1 Like

I’m surprised you made it, because it isn’t like Blizzard will listen. You are just opening yourself up to be attacked by complete strangers.

Yeah pretty much, i mean we can split hairs all day. But what I was implying was IMPORTANT characters, not off screen characters.

People shouldn’t be silenced for expressing an opinion, especially if it is factually correct. All over the entertainment industry we are seeing diversity in major roles.

That’s fine when it works and I personally think Blizzard has done a good job with inclusion in WOW. Other places (TV shows mostly) it seems more attention is being spent on a “one of these, one of those” than on good story telling.

If they would try harder they could do both.

Yeah i dunno i guess i was hoping for a surprise

4 Likes

Do you just mean in the recent expansion? Because Genn has done some cool things in this series.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind our current lineup of big lore characters if most of them weren’t so dull. But they can only be as smart or interesting as the people who write them.

2 Likes

OP this thread was never going to end well.

There are 3 types of people when it comes to these topics.

1. sexists
  2. those who think anything pro women is a good thing no matter what and if you disagree youre sexist
  3. those who are smart enough (or too scared) to not get in the middle of the other 2.

Youre replies are going to be from camps 1 and 2

2 Likes

But that’s what the WoW forums are all about!

My takeaway here is that we need more lady gnomes and goblins.

And we should kill Turalyon and replace him with Fareeya but we all already knew that.

I think they should take Tyrande instead, but that’s less about gender and more about how insufferable she is as a character.

The Winter Queen made it quite clear at the time that she was doing Ysera and us a massive favor simply by hosting her.