Lack of Male leaders in WoW

Unfortunately, that’s the way of our society now. Male = Bad, Female = Good when in reality both suck equally and should be represented even in the lore of games haha

17 Likes

I’m having a hard time believing you’d be making this argument if the genders were reversed.

9 Likes

lets see
blood elf M night born F
tauren M HM F
troll M ZT f
Orc M maghar F
forsaken F
goblin M
panda M
Vulpera M
might miss some but this Ratio looks right

8 Likes

The OP has a couple of points… sticking out of his helm!

:drum: bu-dum-tsh

J/K OP. You are on your own here. I hope you survive the afternoon.

Of course we are. Didn’t you get the memo? The agenda says “girl power”. And remember, “Everything in the agenda, nothing outside the agenda, nothing against the agenda”.

Why? I completely understand the perception that they are “wokifying” the game, but honestly I don’t really get why the gender of a character would be relevant for anything. Wow’s storytelling is very limited and the characters that we have in the game are way more like “scenario setting” then real characters in a story.

Honestly, I don’t really mind a world full of queens.

Not really, that is kind of a dumb criticism since the primus is heavily present, and the prince Renathal is also there the entire time.

One of the worst aspects of the politicization of normal every day things, is that it fosters paranoia. Don’t let the sad political environment that we live in mess with you. Seriously, who gives an f about who is the leader of a random centaur clan…

Yes, they are, and yes they will keep doing it, and honestly that is the least of my worries. We are talking about a company that was publicly endorsing a terrorist organization that was burning cities to the ground… They are inside a political bubble and have no idea. It will obviously have an impact on the game.

My suggestion is, forget about politics, it will just make you sad, try to ignore the woke nonsense and just enjoy the game.

If you expect woke nonsense, you won’t be disappointed.

5 Likes

This in and of itself is not necessarily indicative of a political agenda being rammed into the writing.

But when you take everything else into consideration, that’s pretty obviously what they are doing. God, I hate Danuser.

The most memorable thing that idiot does is turn the Helm of Domination into a burger king helmet you’d find in a New York dumpster. Hardly a great example.

Meanwhile, you have Jaina, Tyrande and Sylvanas pulling off some Dragonball Z stunts that much more powerful characters prior to this haven’t been able to do before, without artifacts such as the focusing Iris.

7 Likes

I mean this is world of WARcraft… People tend to die in war.

3 Likes

Where in my post did I say you said such nonsense?

Here is what you said

but not all of the interesting male characters are dead, you’re just willfully ignoring all of the ones that aren’t dead with the guise of “coolness” so you can prop up this position that males are somehow being underrepresented in the lore of the game. either in an attempt to have a good old trolly laugh in the forums or because you’ve actually come down with some sort of victim complex.

12 Likes

If microsoft doesn’t immediately have him fired when they take over, it will be an utter tragedy.

6 Likes

I imagine he might slip through just because I have little faith that the execs give a damn about his terribad writing.

2 Likes

got to love that meme lol
Helm of Domination into a burger king helmet

2 Likes

you’re right, I wouldn’t make this argument with an under-represented group. If you think that somehow supports the position of OP then point to you I guess?

It’s easy to make these claims when you’re present wrong info

I see where you’re coming from i really do but theres no way this wont be a dumpster fire.

3 Likes

Let’s count cause I’m actually curious about this.

1. Humans = Male Leader
  2. Dwarves = 2x Male Leader
  3. Nelves = Female Leader (assuming DF’s spoilers are true)
  4. Gnome = Male Leader
  5. Draenei = Male Leader
  6. Worgen = Male Leader
  7. Pandaren = 1 Male, 1 Female
  8. Orc = Male Leader
  9. Undead = Female Leader
  10. Tauren = Male Leader
  11. Troll = Male Leader
  12. Blood Elf = Male Leader
  13. Goblin = Male Leader
  14. Void Elf = Female Leader
  15. LF Draenei = Male Leader
  16. DI Dwarf = Female Leader
  17. Kul’tiran = Female Leader
  18. Mechagnome = Male Leader
  19. Nightborne = Female Leader
  20. Highmountain = Female Leader
  21. Maghar Orc = Female Leader
  22. Zandalari Troll = Female Leader
  23. Vulpera = Male Leader (Edit: Changed to male)

Total Male Leaders = 15
Total Female Leaders = 10

This is for playable races, math might be off though. Seems even.

10 Likes

I mean just the fact that Malfurion is giving his life for Ysera to come back, I can definitely see your point.
Definitely don’t mind more female leads though, god knows the fantasy genre needs it.

3 Likes

That’s so stupid and they better roll that one back, good god.

Think the Winter Queen owes us one.

I’m not looking to take sides in what is sure to be a train wreck of a thread. I just like pointing out hypocrisy when I see it.

1 Like

i thought the vulpera had the male Kiro

2 Likes

/wales in victim complex

BuT tHoSe MaLe LeAdErS aReN’t CoOl!

4 Likes