Lack of Male leaders in WoW

I don’t want to attract the wrong kind of fans to this topic, so I’ll summarize it at the top.
Ever since Legion, we are killing our Kings, male leaders, and giving more attention to the female ones.

Which I don’t have a problem with the idea, They are just going too far. It’s been 3~ expansions now and its not slowing down. I just want SOME male leader characters in Dragonflight, and that appears to not be happening.

Blizzard seems to be taking the “Take turns” approach. I wont play stupid, for decades we have had prominent Male lead characters like Thrall, Varian, Anduin even
All of the above + many more have been killed off, shelved, etc.
Started happening around Legion.

Legion we saw Varian die, leaving Stormwind leaderless as Anduin didn’t want to take over. Vol’jin dies, Sylvanas takes over.
(Kill the male leaders)

In BfA we saw King Rastakan die, and his daughter taking over.
Kul’Tiras, Daelin being dead…, then came Lady Ashvane, then eventually Lady Jaina after the events of BFA.
(Kill the male leaders)

In Shadowlands, every covenant is led by a female leader. And the one (Maldraxxus) that would have been led by a male one, was trapped (The Primus) Ruled in his stead sits Barroness Draka. Only partial exception is Denathrius, who is the only evil leader out of the 4 convenants. And sure, Prince Renathal is supposed to replace him.
(1 male leader figure out of 5+ female leads)

In dragonflight, we’re seeing more of the same thing happening with the Centaur clans. Male leaders die, female centaur becomes the Khan. You know the drill.
Making this topic probably paints a big target on my head, but it’s how I feel. I just want some more cool dudes to look up to, they’re all dead.

TL;DR: Blizzard is killing off the male lead characters and focusing on female lead characters only. And its not slowing down.

78 Likes

All hail Gelbin Mekkatorque!

GM for new king of Azeroth (&friends)!

19 Likes

Down wif dem evul wiminz I say. They’re takin’ over! They’s EEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeVulllllllllllll…!!

17 Likes

it’s almost like the vast majority of major lore characters happen to be male so proportionately more of them die. :thinking:

nah, clearly it must be some SJW agenda designed to oppress us males.

Feeding trolls is fun.

48 Likes

then goes on for paragraphs about why you have a problem with it lol

40 Likes

You may be right; my last raid leader was a woman and she expected me to make feasts!

12 Likes

Gelbin in BoD was probably my favorite “leader” appearance in a long time. He’s just a fun character.

2 Likes

Yeah my entire topic is just trolling.
Maybe if you didn’t assume any differing opinion than yours was trolling, you’d open your mind.

No where did I say it was SJW propaganda. And yes you are correct, the warcraft characters in the past have all been prominently male. But the solution isn’t to KILL them all and replace them with women. The solution is to introduce women leaders, if some have to die sure. But not all of them.

25 Likes

Are you incapable of looking up to someone that isn’t the same gender as you?

12 Likes

I said the idea, the way they are doing it is taking the idea to 200%
The idea is introducing female leaders. Which i like that idea.

1 Like

Uh Venthyr’s Covenant leader is a male character. Don’t know what you’re talking about.

Meh, they’re all still fair-skinned and sexy.

Would love to see more diversity, because they all look pretty much the same to me, regardless of gender.

Probably just an elf thing.

3 Likes

Me too! I <3 cute, honorable leaders!

1 Like

Tell me you didn’t read the topic without telling me you didn’t read the topic.

11 Likes

I mean Gelbin Mekkatorque also fits this description but he looks a little more like us!

1 Like

No? But you can’t possibly deny the reason they are doing this replacement is for that very reason?

WoW has tons of female players, and I’m sure they love having cool women to read about.

3 Likes

Not me, I want nothing but fair-skinned, sexy women leaders. We just need to take out andiun next and replace him with a scantily clad barmaid, I figure she would be just as effective as a leader.

2 Likes

Sure I can

And so do you, you’re just willfully disregarding all of them to support your position.

5 Likes

Where in my post did I say we should have none? Lol?
You are crazy

1 Like

Sir, this is the forums. Everyone is crazy here.

7 Likes