Kyrian World Quest Flight School is Buggy

Hi.

The World Quest Flight School: Up and Away is insanely buggy. There are a number of flowers you’re supposed to bounce off, however you’ll frequently fall straight thru a flower and have to start the quest all over. In addition, it seems to auto aim your camera towards the next flower, however it just clips your character around and makes you miss. Lastly, you’ll sometimes bounce off of nothing, as if a flower was there. Overall very difficult to complete, as you don’t know if the flower will even work for you.

53 Likes

Same here, I don’t how I managed to complete the first one, seems like rarely they let you bounce on the god damn flowers. I completed the quest before arriving on the last platform, still fell through the flower but since it completed the quest I fell to my death.

Today, can’t complete it cause im falling through. And it’s been a reccuring bug from the same type of world quest that they did in the past.

4 Likes

Echo chamber here, but same, i finally gave up after upwards of 20 tries, took a break and did a couple other things, then tried again, it legitimately was around 20 times. I swear there were many attempts where i know for a fact i was right on the flower and it was bs i fell through- i don’t mean i feel i was pretty close and am mistaken, i mean completely on top of it. I was looking down most of the time except to pan up really quickly just to see where the next one was, I know i was on top of the flowers and it randomly dropped me through. Very infuriating. If it weren’t buggy and incredibly finicky(understantement) and worked the way it was meant to, it’d be fine and fair if you were really off, but with the way things are now, completely unfair and infuriating. I missed out on a really good armour upgrade giving up on that(only reason i tried so many times), so I’m doubly disappointed.

3 Likes

Having same issue. I keep falling straight through even when right in the middle of the flower. Very annoying.

3 Likes

Falling straight through the center of the flower multiple times now, to the point where it dropped me on a rock and I actually died and had to run back instead of the game mechanic where it shoots you back.

I’ve attempted this about 8-10 times now and it’s actually unplayable when you’re falling through the center of these things.

2 Likes

I reached the end and didn’t get the achievement (took some screenshots). Is anyone else encountering the same?

3 Likes

Same took screenshots, reached out to Customer Support and they said to report as a bug so here I am

1 Like

Quest is back today, still buggy

Avoid the centers of the flowers. Aim at the bare tips of the petals. Nota fix but something to maybe help complete it. I ran into the same issue.

3 Likes

It’s been a few hours after the weekly reset, and this WQ is still buggy. I took a hunter out and “missed” landing on a flower a few times, usually about midway through. I dismissed my pet, thinking it may be the glitch. Nope. Still “missing” a flower on the second, third, or fourth tier of the quest. Got to the top flower once, and fell (last attempt!). Each “miss”, of course, was visually spot on according to my camera angles. Total failed attempts: around 10 or so. As Bastion WQ’s are part of my covenants’ daily quest objective today, I am perplexed.

2 Likes

Still buggy and super frustrating. I dismissed my pet, turned down graphics, turned off add-ons and nothing helped. The fall throughs are completely unpredictable. Absolute waste of time.

1 Like

Same, repeatedly falling through the center of the flowers. Not worth the waste of time.

1 Like

Yup, I seem to randomly, arbitrarily fall through the flowers. Doesn’t matter whether I aim at the middle or the edges, I simply occasionally pass right through them. There are also numerous times where I’ll be bounced up before I even reach the flower I was aiming at, which means I won’t have sufficient distance to land on the next one (unless I hit that one “early” too).

It’s only mildly frustrating until you miss one of the later flowers and pass close enough to the structure that you just hit the ground and die instead of being safely returned to the start.

1 Like

I was just coming to see if there was some sort of trick where we were supposed to tell “real” flowers from “fake” ones that let us fall right through, but I guess it really is just buggy. Too bad, because when the flowers were working it was a fun quest.

How is this no fixed yet Took me 10

dear blizz, read this thread, this quest is atrocious.

2 Likes

I was able to do this. Server is a mite slow to get updated position data from each character. I just use mouse to steer/look around and do a bit of wiggle as I fall toward the next flower. For some reason wiggling forces the server to get updated location data and is far less likely to cause you to fall through flower.

Poor design IMO but not impossible

1 Like

I kept falling through the same flower (2nd one on the third tier). I managed to “fix” the issue by using /reload at the starting place. Maybe that can help others here.

Can confirm. This is insanely buggy.

Adding to the many others here. Quest is still erratic, with multiple characters on my account falling directly through the middle of some flowers, or getting bounced up when appearing to be well short of a flower.