Kul Tiran Women - Big girls can't be pretty Blizz?

I’ll just say more options is always good.

14 Likes

So calling a stupid person stupid is also not an insult, just like calling a smart person smart.

8 Likes

Kul Tirans are bigger than 7’5 ft tall Draenei. They likely weigh over 700lbs for the males and 500lbs for the females. I didn’t realize that was considered realistic, I must have not drank enough milk growing up.

18 Likes

how do you know the draenei are that tall - i would have thought them around 5 9

Because regular humans in game, who definitely are at least 5’9, don’t even come up to the shoulders of Draenei

7 Likes

why would you say regular human were that tall

The average height for a woman varies, depending on where she was born and raised. For a woman raised in the United States, the average height is currently 5 feet 4 inches.

1 Like

I mean this in the nicest way possible… 5’9’’ is not “TALL”… not like the Draenei are anyway, the Draenei stand a good head above all the regular human characters in game, which are supposed to be about 6 feet tall.

10 Likes

again where are you getting human females are that tall

700 lbs? Do they have lead for bones? Neither the Draenei nor the Kul Tirans weigh 180 lbs. more than Andre the Giant did.

4 Likes

I agree with Mamabear here.

Rather mannish…

All joking aside, they need some softer options. Those would go over well. I still think beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but these faces DO need a lot of work.

1 Like

I don’t think this is just because of ‘acceptability’…the characters we’re playing are supposed to be powerful heroes that run everywhere, and fight epic battles. You know the age-old “hero get’s in shape” part of every hero tale…that’s why our heroes tend toward the leaner side. Furthermore, this is set in a slightly medieval era, only the super wealthy would not work hard enough so as to be large in those days. It is actually realistic for the era that most character models would be lean.

I’ll grant that Blood Elves and Void Elf models are a little more petite than can typically be called healthy, and the skinny human model is downright disturbing, but the rest of the races aren’t wrong in any way. And they certainly aren’t un-“realistic” like the quote of your quote says. And I know you tried to interpret their statement to be slightly better, but they didn’t say what you clarified their statement to mean, that large female types make things “more realistic”…they said that the other body styles were un-“realistic”. There is a difference in intent there…

4 Likes

I feel like I did a good job for mine she is pretty in my opinion. More options is always better though.

18 Likes

How did a post about Kul Tiran women turn into an arguement about how tall Draenei are next to other races?

10 Likes

because people are comparing them to draenei and saying draenei are 7 feet tall

and i wanted to know where they got that - it is all relative

Why is being over 7 feet tall and 500 pounds being call realistic? Even scaled down, the KulTirans are an unhealthy weight.

Here in the real world It looks like the majority of us carry around a few extra pounds. Obesity is a problem for many people. Some by life choices. Some by medical conditions and some by othe reasons. But calling it realistic just doesn’t seem right.

When I think realistic probably some where between regular humans and KTs. Just my opinion.

17 Likes

When I got my very first copy of World of Warcraft, it came with a pretty substantial game manual that had a diagram of all the races in game standing next to one another and gave you an idea of their respective heights. For example: Humans and Orcs stood around 6 feet tall (Orcs adjusted for being slouched) according to the manual and Night Elves, and Tauren stood closer to 7 foot 5 or nearly 8 feet tall for the Tauren. etc.

11 Likes

I think most stuff like this is found in role playing guides that people like to go off of, so they can play their characters the best they can.

Like World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game

I thought they did a pretty good job making the faces look rather attractive (as much as they can). But let’s be honest - if you’re full in the body, you’re going to be full in the face as well, so that’s realistic.

6 Likes

Does fat body mean ugly face?

oh okay - I don’t remember what was in there. just wondered where people were getting this information.