Kul Tiran Women - Big girls can't be pretty Blizz?

Ok. Lets get it out of the way right from the start. I LOVE that Blizzard finally put some body styles that are, and please forgive this in a video game, realistic. I rejoice in the idea of larger, thicker, full figured lady avatars being available but that being said…WHY did you have to make the faces so…well…Manish!? I mean it LITERALLY looks like you took the male model, took away the option for facial hair and gave it a choice of what NECKLACE and earrings to wear? The Kul Tiran female models presently available are down right, Lord I hate to say it but ugly!

I am not asking for the regualr human faces to be put on the larger bodies that would look weird as well, but did the face have to look like a dude in drag?

I understand that the patch is less than a week old but this topic doesn’t require time to “see how it will develop”, this wont change in time like a story arch snag.

Its like Blizzard/Activision has said, “SURE you can be large, but we all know that big girls are ugly at the same time” and that is just downright not true. In my over 40 yrs exp in life I have seen some gorgeous women of ALL sizes! I am not a feminist in anyway shape or form either but seriously Blizz? Not to mention the shaping of the arms, again looks like you took the male model and enlarged the chest to look “female”! I was hoping that in the in game barber shop there would be some further options to “soften” her up a little but nope, nada, nothing.

I truly hope this is seen as a constructive critique not bashing or body shaming anyone or totally what good work you were trying to do, just looking for more options in this model. Give us larger loving model types just a little more love please Blizz.

Awaiting the “wonderful” replies I am sure to come

Peace

67 Likes

Mamabear is the perfect name for a Kul Tiran Druid. Bravo :clap:

90 Likes

Glad to know skinny girls arent realistic. Sure that makes them feel great.

158 Likes

Yeah I am a Tank as well :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yep. They’re ugly.

30 Likes

Calling fat girl fat is not an insult, just like calling slim girl slim.

You’re fat.

68 Likes

we’re remarkable people.

7 Likes

I am pretty!

9 Likes

at first glance I thought your name was “Thicctrain” . Then, on a second glance I could have sworn I saw like five letter c’s to hammer home the 'Thiccccc" portion of your name.

Nope, didn’t see it on my third pass over.

10 Likes

Nothing wrong with dudes in drag, if that’s their thing, I mean how many men play female characters in this game again?

10 Likes

I think the faces look feminine and nice. :woman_shrugging:

48 Likes

I still have to tackle Tiragarde on my paladin so I haven’t seen the KT story all the way through yet, but the KT culture and visual aesthetic doesn’t strike me as “softened” to any degree. These are a hardy, weatherbeaten, seafaring people and they look like it. These look like women who can drag a tow line, hoist a sail and knock your teeth out after chugging a tankard and that feels right for them. They still look like women. I think you can go “softened” to a some degree just to appeal to varying tastes, but the overall aesthetic shouldn’t stray too far from the culture’s roots.

27 Likes

I actually don’t mind the body on them but that face - nope. I agree with you that face is just terrible.

8 Likes

I don’t know, I really like how you look.

To each their own, I guess.

7 Likes

Looks good to me. shrugs Not everyone has the same tastes.

15 Likes

I agree. I’m sort of confused by this post. There are a couple of the more frowny, scarred faces that aren’t “pretty”, per se, but most of them are lovely.

The faces remind me of Iskra Lawrence and Candice Huffine. (And anyone who says they’re not two of the most beautiful women in the world is lying through their rotten teeth.)

7 Likes

Maybe it’s just because of the forums, but it looks like all your guys’ heads were just copy pasted onto the body.

4 Likes

What? Their faces are fine.

10 Likes

That’s not was she is saying. You must read and put things into the context of this game. In WoW humans females (and most playable females from other races) represents a standart type of body that are “acceptable”, and skip all the others types as if the only reality were that kind of woman. And because that, put a large female type makes things more realistics.
Also, i agree that Blizzard should add more pretty models for Kul tiras girls faces. I mean, not add ONLY pretty faces for her, but have more variety.

10 Likes

Their faces remind me of the gnome faces and I don’t care for those either.

7 Likes