Kul tiran customizations!

As a wow customer, I love that idea you suggested. Probably why players were given the opposite.
Still waiting on resto druids to get a baseline Flora form or at bare minimum a treant glyph that replaces human form as stars can replace moonkin for the god forbidden sake of flushing out class identity immersion and actually making the game more enchanting to players

1 Like

You want them to be skinny out of combat and fat in combat? WTF? :rofl:

7 Likes

Need more face options for sure, don’t think we will get the stick thin model though. They could have supported the reason we only get this model of Kul by saying the ones we play are of mixed heritage of Drust and human but for some reason they didnt do that.

1 Like

I posted this just the other day; I’m reposting for visibility and to see some actual change for Kul Tirans.

Kul Tiran:

• The Kul Tiran physically defining deviation from humans should be elemental and nature markings. Blizzard, please give Kul Tirans Elemental eye and hair effects (a few glowing eyes, rock or bark like hair and skins) . Make them the ‘mystical’ human option.
  • Their added features, where one would select scars or tattoos, should be dedicated to elemental and nature effects as well (steam rising from their skin, constantly wind blown hair, etc.) Elemental and nature effects would make them pop a lot more.

Male Kul Tiran Shaman (Earth effects, but maybe not as pronounced as this)

Female Kul Tiran Monk (Water Effects)

• More faces. All of their current faces are all middle aged, we need young and old versions.
  • More hairstyles. They travel from port to port, they should have several exotic styles. Also, see the ‘elemental effects’ above.
  • More skin tones (though, I love the fact that I can make them dark already). Add a few ‘odd’ skin tones that match the elemental and natural effects mentioned above as well.
  • Body sliders. I know you want their size to be their ‘defining feature’ Blizzard, but Kul Tirans should be more than that. Having said that, many want the Rail Thin form, many want a slighter ‘beefy’ form, and still others don’t mind their size. A body slider fixes all of these.
2 Likes

Kultirans are already thin.

The toggle you want for them is to be even thicker.

Morbidly thick

WOAH, insane!

1 Like

Thank you! I think Blizzard has the opportunity to shake things up with Kul Tirans, considering the past and understandings they have to nature and magic. A significant portion of their people worship the storms, another worships the elements directly and the rest focus on nature and touch on the Drust.

Since we’ve seen the Drust and Vykrul references, I think elemental-touched Humans would make a nice addition to the standard batch of Humans and the cursed Worgen. Just making them ‘big and stout’ doesn’t really make them exciting (though I do like it).

They aren’t giving you the entirety of a model that uses the rig of another Horde race as a cosmetic option for an existing race, especially when no female version exists. A race getting an entirely different model as a cosmetic option generally isn’t something done by any MMO, let alone this one.

You’re grossly underestimating how much work goes into adding a new race or modifying an existing one.

I keep telling people this. That racial was very clearly designed for the current Kul Tiran models and not the lanklet NPC model, but when I bring it up, people ignore me or claim it would be the same as gnomes having warriors.

2 Likes

Not sure what the problem is here. The absolute BEST RP models for playing a middle aged female bus driver from Ohio. Hands down.

Barb from Toledo wins our weekly RP contests hands down…

1 Like

I wish Regular Humans had Kul’tiran Hairstyles, Hair Colors, and etc from them.

1 Like

Since I’ve touched on the race itself earlier in this thread, I’ll add a few customization ideas, as Kul Tirans have a lot of awesome sources to pull from (if Blizzard is willing, naturally).

(All credit to the original artists)

“Favored of Odyn” Kul Tiran Warrior with body tats

Alternate style Drust Balance Druid

Order of Embers Hunter with Robo Pet

Kul Tiran Proudmoore Fleet Shaman
https://s10.favim.com/orig/171013/desktop-wallpaper-wallpaper-hd-best-wallpaper-free-wallpaper-Favim.com-5243945.jpeg

Kul Tiran Shadow Priestess of Helya

Just some armor, tattoo and aesthetic design ideas to complement my earlier post.

2 Likes

I really like regular Kultirans, Love those fat bois and gals. THey are better than thiner elven people, and even more atractive than orcs.

But havin a thin caster humans would be nice

1 Like

I agree that Kul Tiran ‘thin’ options should be available, since the models exist:

However, I believe that Kul Tirans should be way more visually than just humans with a body slider. Just like my customization posts above, they should have physical feature options that lean more into their elemental, mystical and druidic (more than Drust) natures.

Also, as seafarers, they should have visuals that reflect that they’ve traveled all over Azeroth, like Pandaria and abroad, and they have an understanding and respect for the classes not seen elsewhere. Kul Tirans should make you think, “where the hell is THAT GUY from!”

2 Likes

“Since the model exists” isn’t exactly a valid reason. Loads of models exist in game that aren’t playable. Broken Draenei, San’layn Elves, Earthen Dwarves, FULLY Mechagnomes, the updated beefier troll model, Gilblins, etc…

Not to mention the size options which people have asked for since forever that are also in game in the form of NPCs that are often larger than player characters.

It would be cool, but just because it exists in the game somewhere isn’t a good reason on its own.

1 Like

Agreed, which is why I said all that other stuff around it, in five separate posts, including the last one with the clearly ‘not Kul Tiran’ gents.

To be honest, I kind of want to repost some of my earlier design requests just for greater visibility with Blizzard. I hate that it feels like they went easy with Kul Tirans, when there’s so much more to them.

I would like some drust inspired stuff. I play Kul Tiran shaman and I would like more of a wood witch sort of vibe. I have a kul tiran alt to level. Some tidesage inspired looks would also be nice. Thornspeaker ornaments.

And maybe some civilian stuff. Warpaints inspired by the drust/druidic magics. And the tidesage stuff. Maybe tattoos that a sailor would wear. Some like n’zoth inspirired tattoos like tentacles/octopus or void symbols hidden within traditional sorts of sailor tattoos.

For hairstyles I would like to see some Viking inspired hairstyles.

Look to the dwarves for some of that since they have some cool hairstyles.

I would like more customization based on this concept art for the women, as I saw that concept art and it made we want to role a kul tiran when I saw them at a blizzcon panel! The grungy sort of look would be awesome.

Maybe a look inspired by Ching Shih, a famous Chinese pirate woman! She was featured in the pirates of the carribean movies. Since the Kul Tirans are particulary based on pirate/seafaring peoples it would be nice to see some nods to famous pirates or figures. Perhaps some hairstyles/jewelry inspired by such figures.

As pirates, they should get pirate beards too.

A thorn necklace would be nice in a nod to the thorn speakers. Perhaps it could look like a thorned branch, but be made of wood, and other options such as metals.

If possible in the future they could maybe get K’thir options thrown in as a possible sort of subrace?

Finally I think they should let you pick the human bodytypes in the barbershop. Let both humans use each model. Stormwind humans wouldn’t be able to use the kultiran ornaments. That or fuse these two races and let us pick the 4 bodytypes in the barbershop! Stormwind human M/F and Kul Tiran human M/F would be nice to get all those options together.

1 Like

As far as the customization options for the model, definitely. I love the model they chose minus how some gear fits on it awkwardly, but there aren’t many options when making one. I’m curious how hard it would be to even copy/paste some hair and facial hair options, few more skin tones, etc… Might have to tweak them to fit the model I dunno, but there is definitely a lack of them.

1 Like

I am 1000% on board with this. The Kul Tirans should look like they just stepped out of the Brethren Court, and they should come from a wide array of human features. Excellent suggestion dude.

This is why I said Blizzard needs Body Slide options; they’ve been a part of games for longer than some forum posters here have been alive. There must be more to Kul Tirans than just ‘big humans’; which is why I’m all for a bunch of elemental, Drust and tattoo options for them. They should look downright mystical, or at least esoteric.

I think those would be cool customizations. We asked for different bodytypes a long time ago. The gender thing proves they can just add the options together via the barbershop which I hope they do in a future expansion. They already said they are normal humans, not different biologically. So they should fuse the two together, fuse their race/class comboes. And maybe let you pick where you come from for the ornaments/voices. We asked for bodytype sliders a while back, these guys are them (sort of) already. So that’s what they should do imo. Please and thank you!

I’d also like some completely new customizations, not just for Kul Tiran, but in general. A “chewed cigar” option would fit them well specifically. More tattoos in general, expanded jewelry options (even specific to each ear, brown, nostril, lip, etc.)

Also, yes to body sliders.

They could just keep adding new tabs to character creation and add options. I want it to take me half an hour to create a character just right! lol

2 Likes