Kul Tiran and Zandalari Unlock Requirements

Maybe you guys get the fox people i forget there name think about it warlock casts rabies on enemys.

1 Like

Even if thatā€™s the case, can you imagine warriors wonā€™t get them too? So it would then be 5-2. So far this expansion has offered nothing race wise to Warlocks.

2 Likes

The horde has more shaman races than the alliance. Itā€™s not an oversight, itā€™s by design. People always bring this, but they never consider the fact that the opposite is also true.

Paladin are the original ā€œAllianceā€ class, and Shaman are the original ā€œHordeā€ class.

4 Likes

You can do it in heroic.

3 Likes

Oh thank you (not that I want to do it at all mind youā€¦ Iā€™m skerred of pugs lol).

:cookie:

4 Likes

I dislike pugs myself but itā€™s really not a hard instance. <3 You can do it!

3 Likes

The balance was never number of Horde Shaman vs number of Alliance Paladin. The balance point used to be the number of Horde Paladin vs the number of Alliance Shaman. This was originally 1 v 1 (BE Paladin vs Draenei Shaman), then 2 v 2 (Tauren Paladin vs Dwarf Shaman). But then things got thrown off in MoP. Pandaren made it 2 v 3 favoring Alliance and now with allied races it is even more heavily Alliance favored with 3 Horde Paladin races (BE, Tauren and Zandalari) vs 5 Alliance Shaman (Draenei, Dwarf, Pandaren, DI Dwarf, Kul Tiran).

1 Like

Yes, and Druids used to be 1:1 prior to BfA where Horde ended up with more races that are Druids even though it was supposed to be the faction neutral class.

I believe the point still stands. Horde is supposed to have more Shaman, and Alliance is supposed to have more Paladins.

The exact ratio clearly isnā€™t important to Blizzard, given the fact that even Druids are now out of ratio. I think itā€™s time to accept that itā€™s how they like it, and not an accident.

• Alliance = 5 Shaman
  • Alliance = 5 Paladin
  • Horde = 8 Shaman
  • Horde = 3 Paladin

Horde gets three more Shaman races than Alliance. Should I be upset? Is this about overall variety, or actual numbers?

Iā€™m not saying that you canā€™t ask for more Paladin races, though. Iā€™m saying that the number of Paladins is always going to be higher for Alliance. The number of Shaman is always going to be higher for Horde.

Itā€™s not a matching game, though. Theyā€™re not necessarily going to be even in terms of choice there, and theyā€™ve rarely tried to make them even on a class-per-class basis.

As above, Iā€™m still more upset that Druids were knocked out of balance, honestly. This is coming from someone who plays both factions, and doesnā€™t like a single horde Paladin race beyond Blood Elves.

I get it, itā€™s annoying, but itā€™s by design. We need to stop acting like itā€™s an oversight, and accept that they simply donā€™t think Paladin fits the Horde theme as much. Shaman apparently feels more fluid to them.

3 Likes

Since when?

1 Like

Since they put Siege of Boralus in dungeon finder.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they go into creating a race with balancing the number of classes in mind. They even have stated that the races will be added when it makes sense in lore, and their classes will reflect that lore. If the races that happen to be added to alliance some how get more paladins, it is not them trying to make it unfair or anything. It is simply the raceā€™s loreā€¦goes for all classes. If a race lorewise are able to be druids, theyll get themā€¦if not, oh well. Just gotta wait for a race or advocate for a race you like or that reasonably could have that said class.

3 Likes

I have the same question. My old main has all the reps, all the quests, etc, but my new main has completed the war campaign for 8.1. Will I be able to block, or do I have to redo the campaign on my old main and unlock with her?

2 Likes

They added a heroic version of Kingsā€™ Rest and Seige of Boralus in 8.1. They are also available in LFD now.

2 Likes

You can also do it in Mythic difficulty. I did Siege of Boralus, in Mythic difficulty, and got credit for completing it, which gave me the quest A Nation United.

1 Like

Block what? Your question kinda confuses meā€¦

It was autocorrected. It was supposed to say unlock not block

Tell me any other mmo that puts new races behind the endless grinding .if I buy an expansion I expect the races to be unlocked of the box . I donā€™t pay 60 $ to be put in endless nonsense requirements .

10 Likes

I donā€™t mind the grinding. What I -do- mind is that these two allied races are pretty much the flagstone of this expansion, and one was even shown off in the trailer, and theyā€™re STILL not available yet.

That doesnā€™t fly with me.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve unlocked both and just waiting now, wish there was a date in mind. lol

1 Like

EverQuest 2ā€™s froglok race was locked behind a raid quest that had to be done once per server at first iirc. I came after they were unlocked so Iā€™m unsure of the details.