Kul Tiran and Zandalari Unlock Requirements

" You have to get the new races to be on your side to recruit them"
I’m pretty sure that every other race the joined the game since vanilla had to be convinced by the horde or alliance to be on their side why is it now we’re having to do the work of recruiting them when before they were recruited behind the lines go back to that system where everybody was happy because we paid for the game and got to immediately play it

2 Likes

If you don’t think that most of the races are just re skins you’re imbeciles that’s like saying A blood death Knight and an unholy death Knight are 2 different classes because their spells are different colors

1 Like

I’m tired of arguing with people who can’t be bothered to pay attention to actual real differences in the character models to see they are in fact not “re-skins”. Either that or you have a completely different definition of what a re-skin is than I do.

Either way, I’m done trying to point out flaws in the arguments of people who must be right even when what they are saying is objectively wrong.

As for the design philosophy, there is no right or wrong answer… well there are, but that requires a lot more study than I care to put into this topic.

If you like it the way it is then enjoy. I didn’t come here expecting anything to change.
It’s way too late for that. I have an opinion, I expressed it, and I really don’t care that you don’t like it. I don’t have to be right and you don’t have to agree with me.

I think the way they gated the Allied races put a lot of people off who might otherwise have have resubbed or picked the game up for the first time. I think they could have built a much more engaging way to unlock the Allied Races for the entire community and solve for whatever design philosophy motivated them to depart from prior design standards.

That’s my last word. This isn’t an argument to be won. You aren’t going to change my mind and my opinion isn’t going to change the way the game works now. Sometimes it’s just fun to think outside the box.

1 Like

Well, you know… The people who created them said they were reskins so…

I can see the subtle changes to postures, movements, etc. That doesn’t make them “not reskins”, it just means they put a bit of work into them to give them some small differences.

But, when the guy who owns the duck tells you it’s a duck I’m betting it really is a duck.

Here’s your problem…

I am stating my opinion.

You are stating your opinion.

My opinion is as “right” as I think it is, as is your opinion as “right” as you think it is. My opinion is as “wrong” as you think it is, as is your opinion as “wrong” as I think it is.

It.
Is.
All.
Opinion.

There is absolutely zero “objective” about an opinion. Everything about this is totally subjective. The game, what we like and dislike, what we find fun and not fun, what we think, feel, believe, whatever…

It’s all subjective.

You can’t tell me or anyone else that our opinion is “objectively wrong”.

Technically a re-skin is just a different texture, literally a new skin for the same model with no other changes. Anything more than that and we get into the realm where people are calling alternate versions of a character with completely different animations a “skin” (I’m looking at you HotS).

Most, if not all, of the allied races got completely new models or significant changes to the character models and animations that go way beyond re-skinning.
Beyond that there’s the matter of back story and racials and the starting areas that were created for these races and are practically unused except to drop new characters into the world. To call all of that work a “re-skin” of existing races is both insulting and dismissive to all of the people who put that work into the game.

I’m sorry, I don’t really care what Ion said. I didn’t even bother to watch the hour-long Q&A video to find whatever he said about it because I’m not having this discussion with him. The difference between something being “just a re-skin” of existing playable races and the amount of work that went into the allied races is way too vast for me to accept as “just a re-skin”.

This is not a subjective opinion unless the literal definition of the word “skin” is up for debate, at which point I’ll leave you to your own devices because I want no part of that discussion.

1 Like

The problem is that the reality of the story doesn’t support the ideal of the allied race. Allied races will join their respective factions in the story regardless if the player character do anything specific to unlocking the allied race.

Unlocking allied race is purely a gameplay mechanic. Getting exalted or not with a specific faction doesn’t change the overall story in terms of race participation in the factions.

I didn’t find the unlock requirements hard, it was just a lot of stuffing around.

1 Like

This is not true. I have created, and played, most of them and they are near identical with the exception of very small, subtle things…stuff that is barely noticeable.

That’s good for you. But considering that he actually knows what goes into making the Allied Races and you’re just speculating and imagining things, I’m going to go with the guy who has a real clue.

Have a wonderful day! :smiley:

Why would they? Every race in the game doesn’t join a faction on their own. How do you these would if they weren’t convinced?

Why doesn’t the story support it?

Have Naga joined a faction?

The little fox guys?

The snake folks?

What about… Anubusath? Arakkoa? Centaurs? Dragonkin? Drogbar? Troggs? Furblogs? Harpies? Hozen? Jinyu? Mantid? Mogu? Tuskarr? And the list goes on.

Why are these, particular, races automatically “faction bound” of their own volition with no coaxing from anyone? Why would they join the faction they joined without some convincing?

Please, enlighten me.

Kul Tiran Humans have Jaina as their leader. They joined just from the story itself.

Lightforged Draenei can have interaction with a Horde character, but that’s not enough until an Alliance character who may not have much interaction with them actually does the unlock scenario and take the benefit of what the Horde character did.

Nightborne can be in the same situation as Lightforged Draenei, only in reverse.

Void Elves consist of former Blood Elves who, as far as I can tell, had no (not much) previous interaction with the player character before their unlock scenario.

Dark Iron Dwarves joining is also only relevant in their unlock scenario, with the possible exception of having already joined in the war campaign for BfA.

And speaking of the BfA war campaign, Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, and possibly Dark Iron Dwarves are present in the war campaign. Are you telling me they would disappear from the war campaign if they’re not unlocked?

They hated her when she came back. They thought her a murderer and a coward. She had to earn back their trust, and win her place back in her family. It wasn’t automatic.

That doesn’t even make sense nor is it a reason for them to join the Alliance.

They, literally, are Night Elves who were basically banished. No reason in the story for joining the Horde.

Not reading the rest because the first 3 made no sense.

I didn’t say it was automatic. I said they joined in the story. The story doesn’t include the player character gaining exalted. Even if you didn’t do everything required to unlock Kul Tiran Humans, they will still join the Alliance as part of the story.

What doesn’t make sense? You can meet the requirement for Lighforged Draenei with a Horde character. Then you switch to an Alliance character to do the unlock scenario. So from the Alliance character’s perspective, they only need to do the unlock scenario to have the Lightforged Draenei join their faction.

The reason is the rejection by the Night Elves, or their leader specifically. Either way, it means from a Horde character perspective, all they had to do was the unlock scenario to have the Nightborne join their faction.

Uh huh…

The point was the unlock requirements for the allied races are not necessary considering the story presented. Your argument that these allied races won’t join your faction unless you befriend them by getting exalted with their faction is false. That’s simply a gameplay mechanics. The story itself already has enough basis for them to join your faction.

Why is the Kul Tiran unlocking process so much more dungeon-based than the Zandalari?

I’m not sure I did any dungeon on Horde side, but had to do a heroic dungeon after already having done 3 dungeons to unlock Kul Tirans, also had to look up how to find the NPC to turn in to for the third one because there’s a bug that phases them out.

I might not play the game until the next two expansions have been released before I worry about unlocking anything in the next expansion, to fully take advantage of catch-up mechanisms and to give Blizzard enough time to get around to fixing the bugs.

I know this doesn’t have to do with the unlock BUT Can we see more Zandalari Druid Colors to match our hair. Like for example if I have black hair can I get a black Flight Form and Travel Form Not just a black Aquatic form? In addition Can you do all hair to match the form you turn into Like if you have Red hair for a red Skin color flight form, travel form, bear form, cat form, etc.

“I know this doesn’t have to do with the unlock BUT Can we see more Zandalari Druid Colors to match our hair. Like for example if I have black hair can I get a black Flight Form and Travel Form Not just a black Aquatic form? In addition Can you do all hair to match the form you turn into Like if you have Red hair for a red Skin color flight form, travel form, bear form, cat form, etc.”

What a great IDEA!

I am trying to unlock the Mag’Har Orcs on the Horde side. I have been pretty slow getting the Alliance side of these achievements done. But, I have Horde Done, and I’ve completed the Pathfinder 1, I am able to create 3 out of the 4 new allied races on the Horde side, but I can’t figure out why the Mag’Har Orc won’t let me create this one yet? Any Ideas?

Do you have the Ready for War achievement earned on a Horde character and are you exalted with the Honorbond faction? Have you done the recruitment quest in the Horde Embassy in Orgrimmar?

I have all three of those achievements on Horde, but I cannot roll a Zandalari toon. I haven’t played for a bit, so is there something else I need to do?

Once those are complete, you need to do the quest chain to unlock them. It’s at the emissary area in Orgrimmar.

How BfA shoulda started:

-Recruiting the KT/Zanda would have been better lead in stories for this expansion IMO…for both us and the developers. They should have started with one to two months worth of questing and pre expansion stuff; basically us setting our foothold in the main towns, meeting these people, remembering them and having various flashbacks from people’s point’s of views. Maybe some early profession stuff and early xp.

-This would have easily bought them a good 2-4 months where no one would have complained about time gates because we would have been leveling our new allied races, running alts through prequests/catch up…etc…
They coulda used that time to work on bugs and/or polish the expansion/az system before it they became problems…

Instead we got a full expansion based around maximizing the amt of money they can bring in by time gating the only decent features they could come up with.