Kul Tiran and Zandalari Unlock Requirements

Oh of course! I forgot about the embassy. Cheers!

I think we misunderstood thatā€™s not required for the races, just go to the embassy to get the quest :slight_smile: the mission table is a different thing

Yep, go to the Embassy to unlock the ARs, the Mission Table quest is just furthering the War Campaign and not related.

1 Like

Any chance I can just kill a bunch of turtles and get the unlock that way too?

2 Likes

Im not sure if theres a thread somewhere that clarifies whether or not the zandalari/KT unlock is account bound. Do you have to grind rep on both factions? Do quest line on both factions? If i transfer a character with completed unlock, will it unlock on the new faction?

All Allied Race unlocks are Account Bound.

even cross faction? i would expect unlock for each faction to be account wide. So i only have to do 1 unlock to get zandlar and kt?

Oh no, you have to unlock them separately.

If you faction change a character that has met all the requirements then you can also unlock them manually that way, but unlocking 1 doesnā€™t automatically give the other.

(sorry for the confusion, havenā€™t quite woken up yet)

ok thats what i wanted to make sure of. my ally druid just needs to do the new quest chain and ill have kt human. i want to be zandalari troll tho so if i transfer after i unlock kt i will have zandalari

nods

You will either have them unlocked, or just have to do the final recruitment scenario.

You may want to verify before you pay to switch. Iā€™ve heard, but have not tested, from players who did that; did the alliance side, unlocked KT, then faction switched, and they had to do the entire 3 zone unlock on the horde side as well. Blizzard has not put out a statement that unlocking one, also unlocks the other. What is known now is that you have to do both quest chains and achievements on both sides to unlock both characters.

If it were different, you would have a ton of Alliance switching to Horde, because their quest chain is much faster, then switching back to alliance to get their sailors.

I remember BC, Draenei and Belfā€™s off the bat, then WotLK, DKā€™s off the bat, then the crap xp pandaland, panda people off the bat. Now, why is it not the same? - You pay for a product, you expect to have what the product offers, a time sink - for peeps who are casual, not worth it. From working at a game company myself I can tell you, if people boycott, changes happen and boycotting is easy - just as I and others did - go to account>subscription>Cancel lol

6 Likes

Players have been calling for a new human model, one thatā€™s thinner than the current one. So what does Blizz do? Give us fat ones.

1 Like

So i played my priest for Uldir and did all the reps and storylines on that character but switched to my shaman for BoD and have done the war campaign but not the main story of kul tiras (the Jaina rescuing and such and completing the story of each zone). I have all the achievements listed above but havent been able to get the quest to unlock the kul tirans. Do I have to do all the zone quests again on my shaman even though I already have all the achievements or do I just need to push my shamans rep with proudmoore to exalted to make the quest available?

1 Like

Those were the only 2 races in that expansion, as opposed to the 8 in BfA.

You donā€™t remember then, you had to have a character at level 55 to make one. So you could meet the requirements on launch, just like you could now on the Legion Allied Races.

Thing is bud, Iā€™ve been here since vanilla, a 55 already existed - for most, leveling is pretty much the core of this game. Fan is fan boy.

Good for you?

It was still a requirement. If you were just joining then you couldnā€™t just make one.

There was no boost back then?

Boosts came in with WoD. They did not exist before then.

1 Like

Ah, good to know.