Kul Tiran and Zandalari Unlock Requirements

dks came out in bc for the wotlk pre patch that is if i remember correctly. most people where already level capped by the time they where out…

when i finished the war campaign i wasn’t even revered.

DKs were aviable from the get go. You just needed to meet the level requirements.

i have no issues with the requirements to unlock dh that is another class not a character customization option.

it reminds me that i am a player unlocking a race option.
it ruins immersion.

ea tried to do this with star wars battle front and locked characters behind a tedious grind and players where outraged im not sure how this is any diffent…

blink blink

A class is a character customization option.

No more so to me than unlocking a class, and the recruitment questlines help if anything.

EA’s was obscene. Wasn’t it also loot boxes and RNG?

In September 2018; they announced the Dreadwake mount for a 6 months subscription. I believe it was September 18th. Let’s say you purchased it, you subscription should more of less expire in March or April…

How convenient it is be for the Allied Races advertised months ago at Blizzcon… to release more or less as the 6 month sub expires, so you have to sub AGAIN to try/play something you have been waiting for… for months.

And I totally understand there might have been some difficulties, challenges… whatever you want to call it… but at this point, it’s simply ridiculous.

The most important question of all is “WHEN?!?”

Next Tuesday.

I’m all for grinding the grind and putting in the work, but, man… the inconsistencies are getting frustrating.

We have mirrored Allied Races that you only have to put in the work on one faction for. So, what’s the deal with this one requiring both?

Admittedly, I made the mistake of assuming that if I had the Kul Tiran rep I would still need a max level Horde to be able to unlock the Zandalari but that it would work like a lot of the other races we got. Boy am I glad I actually thought of looking at this thread, because I was dead wrong.

But you know why I thought that? Because that’s how a lot of the other races worked. I really just don’t get why it wasn’t handled similarly to the others.

Edit: And also, looking at one of my Horde characters, I have the Loremaster of Zandalar achievement and it takes credit from several of my characters, but when I look at the Zandalar Forever achieve it uses parts of the Loremaster one but it looks like all of it has to be completed on one character?!

So I’m going to have to regrind Loremaster + A Bargain of Blood + The Final Seal on one character?

Dude… I’ve done this stuff. What gives?

3 Likes

There’s rep requirements for parts of the war campaign. You need to have done the war campaign, no? Therefore, there’d be rep requirements with honorbound.

Do all of these need to be completed on one character? For instance, I have the campaign/proudmoore rep done on my warlock, but I have the pride of kul tiras questline done on another character.

As someone who RPs, waiting to become friendly with them makes sense to me. I would not want to play an unknown without knowing their story especially if I want to RP them. That is just my opinion from an RPer perspective.

2 Likes

Looking forward to playing a Kul Tiran Druid. I don’t mind the unlock requirements I think it’s okay to put in some time to unlock special items in game. Will plan to start the leveling on Tuesday. Happy leveling everyone.

2 Likes

I have a question. You guys know how the reputations are mirrored, for example Proudmoore Admiralty=Zandalari Empire, Honorbound=7th Legion, etc… if I unlock Zandalari Trolls as a playable race because I have exalted with Zandalari Empire, could I technically get a faction change and then unlock Kul Tirans, and thus have them both unlocked and playable, or would Zandalari get “re-locked?” Thank you in advance.

once you unlock it its unlocked for good I think cuz it’s an achievement you get. but when you faction change you will have to do the war campaign and stuff but the rep should transfer.

1 Like

Well you know, we EXPLICITLY induct the Taunka into the Horde in Wrath, and yet we got moose-Tauren instead and we have yet to add buffalo-Tauren at all. Super annoying.

1 Like

Here’s what I don’t understand: if you don’t want to play the Alliance or Horde content without swapping factions, why do you care about the other faction’s allied races?

I’m a horde-only player and the fact that I can’t get the alliance rep for Kul Tirans is… fine? Because why unlock a race I will literally never play?

My hope there is that once we get to the end of the expansion we will get some minor patches with the older races that have joined in as playable

Nightborne still have absolute bollocks for customization.

I didn’t say that. I said I’m fine playing the content on both sides. I have characters in BfA on both sides.

But I spend the majority of my time on one character. This wasn’t a problem unlocking the BfA Pre-launch Allied races. Now it’s a problem because I can’t get half the reps I need on my main.
I also can’t afford to pay for a faction swap to skip the rep grind.

Basically because I’m spending most of my time on one character trying to keep up with the AP and gear grind so I can raid I’m not able to spend time grinding rep to unlock the Allied races for the other faction.

In Legion it was reasonable, I didn’t have any problem getting the reps, I just got them for playing on my main. Now I basically have to maintain two mains. A lot of people don’t have that kind of time.

Again, I’ll do the quests on both sides. It’s having to grind the rep on a character I’m not maintaining for raid that’s the problem. It takes time away from what I need to focus on and forces me to split my progress.

Combine that with not being able to pool certain resources between characters, or most resources cross factions, and now I’m getting multiple currencies on multiple characters…

It’s just frustrating to be forced to split progress like this to earn things we shouldn’t have to earn. These aren’t ultra rare transmogs or pets or mounts, these are new player character races. We never had to unlock new races by doing anything other than paying for the game before.

1 Like

I played a month at release and then quit when I hit my bs threshold with content, knowing I’d come back when the new races unlocked.

I’m going through the motions right now to unlock the Kul Tirans, and it feels like just that – mind-numbing motions through molasses, little joy in it because the steps themselves have no gameplay value or tangible reward. A fart of gold and quests like Burning Crusade, hoo boy.

It feels bad. Having gone and come back, I’m ready to conclude this is a feel-bad expansion of punitive design systems – the worst of what WoW can be.

I’ll keep plugging away for now. I wish it didn’t feel so much like plugging. There is no need to reward people who are playing consistently and have everything unlocked – this purely punishes players who aren’t committed to the game, and in my case, holds content I’d love to do (level up a bear toon), hostage behind “end-game” treadmill content that’s never been less engaging. At least I can’t fly either.

I’m part of a subsection of players who love to visit WoW but haven’t lived here for years. I still love the game, but in doses. I had hoped to come back and feel the magic again, which I did at the beginning of the expansion.

No magic here, just busywork. Feels bad all around.

2 Likes