Kris Zierhut interview states no RDF but will implement tank/healer dungeon incentives

I think for the most part things are ok although i have expressed my suggestion concerning RDF. It seems you’re addicted to the game because you seem to have issues with blizzard and still subscribe. Makes me wonder just how angry you truly are.

I was excited to try Wrath without RDF until I actually tried it lol. The community just isn’t there for this to work anymore. Blizz might think that it’s an easy solution to foster the old community style but the old community and feel is gone and never coming back, and the current community would rather pay for boosts than bother without RDF. Might as well make the tools better to level the real way

RFD was put in on the end of wrath and pop started going down once wrath ended.

Lie.

Patch 4.0 hit for pre-cata, then cata released with 12 million subscribers. What killed it was Cata. Not RFD.

4 Likes

Soooo they retained 11.5million … and only gained .5 million ??? doesnt seem like a large amount when compared to the whole. BUT, i do agree RDF has its merits for example i believe 1-80 dungeons (non heroic) 100% should have RDF because it solves a plethora of problems. Having them for heroics isnt necessary. Heroics have always been stepping stones to raids or higher content in general. You can kill as a casual anything with dungeon gear when itemized. The fact people argue heroics are gatekept to a large extent is laughable. If it is supposedly THAT BAD on your server then leave it … my server is super healthy, sure this happens here, but MAJORITIVELY it does not.

Don’t forget, Ion himself said if we want RDF, we should go play Retail instead.

I personally always dislike their crossover nonsense, but I’ll gladly take a Blizzard bashing on Ion moment in exchange.

1.5 years after cata dropped, would be the lead up to MOP. The big drops had already happened at that point. The game lost like 600k right at the beginning of Cata, probably wrath babies losing their minds over heroics that were not faceroll easy. Another significant drop (800k), sometime between q2 2011 report, and q3 2011 report. Which lines up with the announcement of raid finder, which is the same sort of MMORPG destroying feature as RDF.

So rfd wasnt able to keep ppl? They were there for wrath not rfd.

TY for the link. I see what they are doing and i honestly dont see why this is a problem. Many people fall behind and this is a way for them to jump forward pretty quickly with 25man loot hitting 10man content, like holy s***, and 10man hitn heroics … how on gods green earth is this bad for casuals in any way ??? I find this a HUGE win for them.

Edit: Interestingly enough this is EXACTLY what rdf was doing when it was implemented with heroics. They are just taking a different approach and quite frankly i LOVE IT over RDF for heroics any day.

My thoughts is i am not happy about this statement.

RDF, Cross realm, LFR it shouldnt be in classic. Keep the games separate if people want instant puggable content play retail. I dont mind too much about putting normal dungeons behind RFD but i think they should be trying to increase the need for social groups\guilds for content. Making everything puggable is what retail is for

Cata brought on changes that the community never asked for. Eventually it brought the talent tree change to what it is now in retail.

It brought LOOKING FOR RAID, which was garbage. And nobody asked for it. Although I’m sure a few people liked it. I wasn’t one of them. And people abused the crap out of it, going AFK etc.

RDF - the random dungeon finder when ICC launched was KICK A%$… Period. And useful not for just gearing. It opened up alt leveling. It gave the game life.

If they don’t launch wrath with RDF, no big deal. But I would hope they do, like they did when the ice crown dungeons AND ICC launched, that they roll out the dungeon finder. It’s a useful tool.

1 Like

Funny everyone I’ve talked to about it on my server seems to want RDF. The only place I’ve heard anyone say they don’t want it is here on the forums.

4 Likes

No, 1.5 years after RDF dropped was the first time a population dip below when RDF was introduced occured. It was mid cata, leading into dragonsoul.

I will agree LFR should never be a thing because that is what really cut into the need for guilds, which are the biggest driver for social interaction in this game. I can’t say I’ve socialized in any 5 man for 3 years of classic so far.

Dragon soul. The hot mess of a raid. What garbage that was. And I remember clearing it feeling nothing but anger lol. Think it took us three attempts to beat it after figuring out the leaping to platform mechanics.

Yeah Dragonsoul was hot garbage the IDEA of fighting on deathwing is cooler on paper than in practice. That fight was just so lack luster for a character that iconic.

1 Like

They arent. He said this exact thing in the video. that this reflects on the social netowrk building in game and that why they arent doing it. There was no pivot.

the speech about how it would fundamentally change how you gear up your character, came AFTER a long blurb about not believing it would be healthy for the social environment of classic and the community. he said “There are some OTHER reasons to not put it in the game as well such as…”

Drake, this post is kinda copium in all honesty go back and rewatch the clip from the point of mr gms question.

Lol that was mostly “fight some humans on an airship and then fight some tentacles”

Never actually felt like you were fighting Deathwing

Ye, it really wasn’t. Keep on believing that bs though.

1 Like

We did get to fight his toenails for a lil bit.

1 Like