Kris Zierhut interview states no RDF but will implement tank/healer dungeon incentives

While my evidence is anecdotal based on my own experiences. There was a large influx of WoW players onto the server I play in FF14. They identified themselves as much. No evidence if they were transplants or just lying tho

1 Like

But for a few forum rabble-rousers, RDF is dead. Blizz has made several statements now confirming there is no RDF. Somehow, there are still players who insist that what Blizz really means via all of these confirmations is that RDF will be implemented at release.

Looking forward to launch and talking with people on my server to form dungeon groups. So are most of us. Only a few more days!

A term was even coined on the forums: wowfugees.

1 Like

I literally never said or implied this. All I said is that it’s not an unreasonable assumption. Which you agreed with.

They just said today that it is about half and half, not just “a few” and that they want no RDF for at least the first few weeks. That door to it being added is opening…

2 Likes

Keyword was at launch. See you in rdf with Toc

1 Like

Oh my.

No sense in debating with you because there is no RDF in the game. I’m sorry if that makes you sad or mad or whatever but I hope you have fun in WotLK!

They didn’t even say half and half, Kris only said there’s a bunch of passionate players in both camps for and against RDF but it could be that most want RDF

1 Like

Accurate, really brought the whole vibe down for like a month till they went back to shadowlands.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually moved datacenters entirely for a bit because… someone… ended up on my server. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s not unreasonable to say that people quit the game because of climate change either. There’s a correlation between climate change and lower MAUs. Nothing is unreasonable as long as there’s a correlation. That doesn’t mean we should take it seriously.

I am going to go out on a limb and say your definition of unreasonable is quite a bit different than most people’s definition.

Obviously, I’m biased, but that’s sure as hell how I interpreted it too.

A friend of mine played where THEY were, absolute chaos lmao.

1 Like

I’ve been advocating for RFD for normal dungeons 1-70 or even 80. Heroics are unnecessary in rdf. They should be left soley for a catchup mechanic via their reward system later on in the expansion. These are stepping stones to raids. For those that dont raid much if at all dungeon gear is PLENTY enough to accomplish anythign in the world.

They need to be very careful with their words, because adding statements like “no plans at launch” really really drives the die hards into a frenzy. Either say plainly and flatly “no, it’s not being added go away” not half statements like “currently no plans”.

It leaves them in a position where they could add it if they wanted and attempt to save face when/if they do add it later but right now with no clear answer of it being added there’s nothing but ambiguity.

1 Like

Problem is peoples idea of “dead” … servers with 2.5k caps were more then fine and still are. People think less then 10k is dead which is absolutely ridiculous and quite frankly ignorant of them to even suggest as much.

Yeah I noped out of there pretty quick after I heard.

1 Like

Blizzard has no idea what they are doing, they listen to cringy twitch streamers that don’t even play the video game

1 Like

When people deem a server as dying, they don’t want to be the only one left behind so everyone mass migrates and kills the server officially. It’s not like it was at retail where a bunch of servers had low populations and were fine, in Classic declining populations means you need to get tf off of there