Kris Zierhut interview states no RDF but will implement tank/healer dungeon incentives

The quote transcribed from the “socialization” bit:

“We have to look into what it is that we value about classic. Our most important values about the classic experience is the social experience of meeting new people, building parties, building raids, building guilds, building social networks between guilds and all these people, you know, on your server, the people that you, you contact with on social media and communicate with and organize raids with, we want to keep that as strong as we can make it, thats our core value. If our core value is we want people want people to get into dungeons and through content and be able to play as much as they want then we would say okay we do want LFD, but if our core value is that we want to keep the social experience as strong as we can possibly make it then the LFD is something that feels risky to us for Classic. It’s a fantastic tool for the modern game which has taken many more steps in the direction of letting people play across server but where classic is it would change things in a way we don’t think would be healthy for the Classic community.”

This quote rambles on about general social MMO experiences which have nothing to do with the RDF tool until he finally comes back to the point of saying it’s risky and they are unsure about it. Then he goes into the quote here immediately:

With the exact words written out it definitely does not feel set in stone for the game as a whole, only for the launch experience, and they are pivoting to a new excuse. That’s how people read into it, that’s how I also read into it. But to say that I’m being misleading with my original post is incorrect.

1 Like

No i love WOTLK i played it back in the day and i will play it again. This version of WOTLK is far better. I am loving it. The current WOTLK classic is more like the version of WOW i want than your version so i dont think i am the one that should stop playing lol.

Now i would agree with you if they implemented transmog, LFR and LFD to WOTLK. But because they didnt i am quite happy playing wow again and resubbing. Glad people like you still have retail and people that want classic have classic.

Classic players are obnoxious and I’m glad their game is dying.

LFD was always going to be added, it was just a question of when would Blizzard get their heads out of their butts and decide to “listen to the players”

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. When you consider a world population of 6.4 billion 12 million is only 0.18 percent of that. It’s rather unfair for any one to claim wow a success when almost no one in the world, percentage wise, played.

1 Like

Most mmo’s would be ecstatic if they could get 500k players in total paying a monthly sub

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

2 Likes

Miregrim it’s quite sad seeing you keep trying with these trolling attempts. Do better, troll.

Thanks for the encouragement.

That’s good for you, but the extra emblems made dungeons relevant to the end of Wrath.

Now instead of that we get Mythic dungeons…which is about as anti-Wrath as you can get.

But muh community

It does hold up. RDF was one of many steps to make the solo WOW player viable.

I’m the first to admin it should be there for leveling dungeons because there are some you never can find groups for, but they aren’t wrong about the social aspect. You won’t wait to have 5 guildees available to run your dungeon if you can just queue for it and do it solo right now.

It was a major QoL feature for solo players obviously, and the major reason why some people want it obviously. Not because it’s a better experience, but because it’s way more efficient.

Prove them wrong and quit. Take all your buddies here on the forums and provd them wrong cancel your sub.

If you dont your comment means nothing. Doomers gonna Doom

Tanks and healers are massively disrespected in this game. The amount of abuse we go through at times boggles my mind. Incentives to keep us tanking and healing is a fantastic thing so we dont collectively lose our minds.

1 Like

Which is weird considering Ion himself told us to go back to retail if we wanted RDF.

Just what we need…more overlap between Classic and Retail.

How did these people get put in charge of this project?

One more batch… then I got to level my mage

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.