Knee Jerk Tuning

Fox on fox violence

Your survivability was never bad you can constantly remove your healer from cc with sanc and bop or even judgement dispel and have multiple lines of defense before you die

Unbound freedom is one of the best mobility spells in the game maybe if you have it on cooldown and have a hard time connecting just LOS and let the enemy come to you

Pretty sure foxylamma’s team made top 8 with ret warr evoker.

But when every team is playing spriest rogue or ww arcane there isn’t an incentive to play with a ret paladin.

Clearly you haven’t played ret before.

It’s pretty trash against anyone that is even slightly paying attention.

That said the buff to consecration is hilarious. I literally never press it, it does 0 dmg and everyone runs out of it.

Even if it ticked for 10k it would be trash because people run out.

It hits for like 500? Maybe 1k? LOLOL most class dots hit for 5x that and the person can’t just move 5 yards to dispel it

6 Likes

Ret paladin only has damage, it may have been good low rating, but at r1 level its pretty pitiful aswell. I’m checking vanguards struggle into most teams that’s not melee cleave and whenever there’s a spriest its auto loss

It really need to do an overhaul and remove burst window in trade for more tools, better defensives and mobility.

Also why assa and spriest are the winners of AWC and not getting any nerfs

4 Likes

I’m sorry to break it to you but 110k followed by a 217k crit does not belong in the game, period. The changes are all net positives for the game as a whole.

1 Like

Ret was S tier all of shadowlands.

Ret is a warrior buff away from being S tier now.

You’re bad at the game and that’s why you think ret is bad.

You think ret is a wheelchair class because you don’t think before you press unbound freedom / horse, sending it when you have no damage and then cry when you’re crawling around with kill potential and no freedom.

Ret has some of the most valuable utility in the game that I constantly see ret paladins not even play / not know how to use. Sanc is the most valuable utility spell in the game after maybe MD, unbound is the most utilitirian melee kill utiltiy ability in the game, BoP, sac, well timed WoGs are insane, judgement of the pure is like a hard counter to destro, ele, mage, hunter.

You don’t know how to play your own spec man i’m sorry.

You can 100% make the argument that ret is unfun / frustrating to play

You CANNOT make the argument that ret is bad.

2 Likes

2.3 and above isn’t average. You can say the bracket doesn’t start till “X rating” all you want but 2.3+ will never be average.

I’d also like to add that this season feels wrong and I haven’t figured out why yet. None of my friends play anymore and this xpac just started….

I’ve been playing ret since day one, I never said I was Re rolling either. People like you really are weird. Can’t wait till warrior gets gutted after the unnecessary buffs Tuesday.

Lmfao you don’t play ret on retail stop @ me man. Bringing up sanct and unbound freedom when talking about survivalbility is hilarious. And you do know UF is dispellable yes?? None of what you said has anything to do with ret survivalbility at all, that’s team utility my guy.

Did you just tell bubblebuddy he doesn’t play retail

Also here’s the things about good players since you’re clearly not one i’ll enlighten you.

We don’t need to currently play the spec to know what tools it has / how the function and what they’ll look to do in arena.

Wild concept I know

I don’t need to play Ret to know that I have to cover the ret when I stun / silence his healer

I don’t need to play ret to know we’re dead every 1 minute on the minute

I don’t need to play ret to know that when they have freedom we’re scared

Just like I don’t need to play frost DK to know that on the minute we need to spread or die

Old saying, the wheel that squeeks the loudest gets the oil.

1 Like

All hybrids healing suck

The ability to keep your partners and healer in the fight with cooldowns is a defensive

1 Like

user error and not the bracket they should balance around

1 Like

i guess being able to remove cc on your healer every other Dr doesnt contribute to your survivability?

Playing ret since day one and typing takes like these on the forums is very telling on the type of ret you are

2 Likes

Y’all act like the time to kill isn’t insane rn, I’ve been killed plenty of times with my healer not CC’d. Not every player is a heal god, and there’s a cooldown on that ability and a whole bunch of CC. But you can keep meat riding if u want.

1 Like

No… no they don’t, and those hybrids have a sht ton of mobility/dmg reductions.

1 Like

The irony

Sounds to me like you just don’t have much clue on how you and your healers should be trading cooldowns relative to the gamestate.

Isn’t that what you are doing

1 Like

Sure thing

Just hit them the unbound freedom, double horsie, ranged slow and then the BoJ slow pvp talent followed by a ranged stun from down town!

1 Like

You know someone is embarrassed by their own take when they have to log on a low level alt to make a comment

3 Likes

You guys are all cute for attacking me for posting on my main. Like i said i play 4 different healers above 2k as well.

Im saying that this knee jerk high and low tuning is redicous. This character has been holy since my first RSS.

Miss me with that ret abuse stuff. I was 2k before the buffs and ill be 2k after the nerfs. I just came back to the game 4 months ago and will be leaving again for a more pvp centric game if they cant find a nice baseline for us all and keep it to minimal balancing.

Tuning of abilities by 20% or more just tells me they dont play their own game and or poorly tested the product we have all invested money and time into.

To sit here and say that we all have equally competitive kits is ignorant.

3 Likes