Knee Jerk Tuning

My ret paladins are still easily cc and countered with all the buffs at 2.3k rss rating.

Playing my ret paladin is much harder than melting everyone on my DH, Ele or Arms warrior against competent opponents.

I am a multiclass healing duelist this season that already left that role because I refuse to play rdruid.

I respect the effort with the tunes but are you guys even watching whats actually happening when skill levels are average or higher?

Its also worth noting that just this morning i went against a paladin in rss as a blue geared Rsham at 2.1k. He got one kill and lost 5 matches because people knew to pop defensives and CC him. Paladin damage is so scriped its pathetic you are nerfing them when Demon hunters at high levels are doubling everyones damage still while being harder to kill than an UHDK.

I mean i totally understand with how bad ret dominated AWC.

I feel for the classes that you have destroyed and hope that you can find some balance that works and we can all settle into this season witout huge disadvantages.

12 Likes

I’m glad they’re taking 200k decree away from players like you

56 Likes

youre upset that youre smacking people for like 150k back to back to back? and getting nerfed a little bit? yikes.

9 Likes

Decree wasn’t ok.

Modifiers hitting for 40% of peoples health isn’t ok.

It’s going away like it should.

Move on.

9 Likes

seethe, melee player

5 Likes

The Paladin meat riding hate in here is crazy, no one said the decree nerf wasn’t warranted. Everything else was over the top with barely any compensation. And if you bring up the TV, FV and consecration buffs you’re letting actual ret pvp players know yu don’t play ret. No one runs those justices vengeance is still better and consecration will still hit for sht an people will still walk out of it.

6 Likes

Players dont need to be given something positive when given a nerf lol

2 Likes

They do when that nerf was the only thing they had going for them, move along you don’t pvp and have a hidden profile so ur mute.

7 Likes

Yeah the 110k double judgements 100k JVs and 270k wake of ashes crits(all not touched in the patch notes) just never existed I guess

4 Likes

That’s apart of their burst is not?, it got nerfed did it not??. Who cares if JV is doing 100k, it only does that during wings when you got multiple other dps specs pulling that off with multiple buttons.

They nerfed final reckoning and radiant decree

Judgement
Wake of ashes
And Justiciar vengeance we’re untouched other than the slight nerf to tier set

They were nerfed actually u can go Re read the notes. Other then JV which only hurts during wings.

2 Likes

Yeah in their cds too

Mobility trash, healing trash, shield of vengeance trash effected by damp, DP should be baseline. Nerfed the burst gave some sustain which is cool an all, but that doesn’t matter when you can still get turned to dust as soon as ur 1 defensive is on cd. Which can be removed

6 Likes

Judgement and wake of ashes were not nerfed as abilities only the tier set was nerfed by 5%.

Ret pallies will still be 100-0ing in a hoj with all their cds up and 100-35ing without it don’t worry.

Hopefully u right but I’m not looking for one shots I just want to be able to survive , do some dmg and be able to actually move. Divine steed needs to be like deaths advance.

2 Likes

Fotm rerolls posting from a classic or level 10 alt really are something.

15 Likes

Wake doesn’t have as many modifiers as decree and is on a 45s CD. Outside of AoW procs, you might see 1 or 2 in the CD window. Decree will still probably be the pick. if TV becomes more potent, you might not see any JV play if people want more raw damage outside of stuns. And they’d lose that heal.

I’m hoping paladins find their place soon, but noboby picked them in AWC despite being so potent in low mmr lobbies. The truth is, ret just brings nothing to the table when the players at high MMR are concerned.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t call ret pass “knee jerk”

I’d call it “holy **** you just shot that kid in the face”

8 Likes

Tell this to ret warrior on tuesday.

The whole “ret is bad @ high mmr” narrative is hilarious.

Ret Warrior was an S tier comp all of shadowlands and is a warrior buff away from being S tier now.

Sanc is single handedly one of the best utility abilities in the game, judge of the pure hard counters hunters, BoP and sac are quality utility as well, unbound freedom when you have kill potential is unparalleled in it’s melee kill window utility

You don’t see a lot of them now because they get eaten alive by DH DK and DK is a bit of a counter to their damage.

Watched Cdew Q in to a cupid last night and I mean they were quite literally perma dead the entire game. Constant setups with insane kill potency.

But come tuesday it’ll be shadowlands season 2 again.

If I hear “Wheelchair class” one more time from a drooling ret that wasted freedom / horse when they have no damage and now they’re stuck crawling when they do imma cry

2 Likes