King's Diversity Space Tool

I seriously hate this dumb space tool as much as anyone, however, I think it should be clarified that the rating if relative to how often its represented in media, now how ‘valuable’ said race/ethnicity is.

I.E. Native American characters would score much higher than blacks simply because native american representation is vastly lower than them, not because blacks are worth less.

3 Likes

Yes. Yes it was/is. This program is digital Eugenics.

13 Likes

No, because that was favoring typically white people and that’s racist.

But this is favoring people of color and thus, is not racist.

/s

16 Likes

Oh gessh,I just seen that and I don’t know what to think about it.

If your mind doesn’t immediately think “bad” there’s something wrong with you, mate. It’s not that hard to make up how you feel about this one.

3 Likes

Society has sort of warped our perceptions a bit.

Hell, slavery used to be the norm and widely accepted in America until people decided it wasn’t.

4 Likes

Honestly,i do think it’s a stupid form of judgement.

Ironically, all the Native Americans I know ( I know quite a few and from differing tribes) all know their % of their blood is tribal. Many talk about it openly and tease lesser % members in a friendly way…

How do you square the first statement with the second statement if diversity is simply a “good”?

Diversity is not an inherent “Good”, or “Bad”. That is the only way your statement makes senesce. If diversity = good, then their chart is exactly right, and you can “and should” slather your creations with as much of it as possible to achieve maximum goodness.

7 Likes

White is a construct. The white construct falls under Caucasian. Caucasians include Jews, gypsies, semites, Arabs and genetically speaking, Indians. Jews have been discriminated against for 5000 years. So before we get derailed with constructs, let’s answer the question. Is judging/rating people based on physical factors that they cannot control, OK with you?

9 Likes

Yup, it’s pretty disgusting. Honestly, what kind of bigoted person would be honest to god, with no shadow of the doubt, legitimately excited for even an idea of it without realizing it’s literally just segregation?

12 Likes

From my understanding, it’s just a tool to help them automate things. In the end, it is a video game so nothing really matters. but I don’t understand how people are so sensitive a tool like this gets them upset. Clearly the developers like it, so let them use it.

I think your answer is incoming…

2 Likes

No, it’s not great. Saying that one skin color has a higher score than another is super cringe.

20 Likes

Call me a bigot or racist if you will, but I just don’t agree with that. Suppose I own a restaurant. In my restaurant, I serve everyone because I’m not going to turn their money down.
Let’s suppose in my restaurant I rated human beings based on physical factors that they cannot control. Let’s suppose people that scored lower got sat away from the windows and fireplaces in the back away from everyone else. Do you think those restaurant patrons who are paying the same as everyone else, would feel very good about themselves in that situation?

13 Likes

…Yup. And ahh, my ole favorite… the “It’s just a game bro” card… :man_facepalming:

Cause you know, it’s just a gaaaaaaaaame bro. It doesn’t matter!!.. i mean … becides my things. Because reasons. You know?.. But it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter. Why i’m making it matter? I don’t know, i have a TOIL-LIT FOR A HEAD. :toilet: /s

You know that T-shirt Griffin Gaming once sold? I think it has one word and it begins with P… I think it means… “arousing pity, especially through vulnerability or sadness.” and “miserably inadequate; of very low standard.”… :thinking:

This what Tulnn said is pretty much that.

2 Likes

1.) /s Means it’s a sarcastic take.

2.) Pretty obvious given the context what demographic of Caucasians I was referring to.

3.) The point still holds. Society determines what is acceptable or racist. Depending on the time/place.

4 Likes

I would also like to know how he think he has any right to call anybody a bigot after supporting a tool that only creates more bigotry…

3 Likes

As well as women not being able to have certain jobs, equal pay or rights (to vote).

2 Likes

I know man. This stuff really makes me hate what the company has become. When I play a video game it is to escape reality.

3 Likes