Kind reminder to the Devs; Bee Mount is STILL Alliance only

To be fair, the bee mount is only suitable for Kul Tiran characters due its Stormsong Valley lore and its constant presence as a flightpath mount. I wouldn’t use it on any other characters anyway.

I don’t see how this is fair when using your logic the Alliance has no business riding a dinosaur, bloodtick or hyena.

But yet… they can and I think that’s where the problem is.

If the pterrordax, hyena and/or bloodtick was Horde only then yeah the bee should absolutely be Alliance only but atm it’s a one way street in favor of the Alliance.

2 Likes

I actually checked in BFA at least and the Alliance has more unique mount models by something like one or two than the horde did at that time.

Yeah, but using PVP mount logic from BFA that meant that that should have been Horde exclusive like the Zandalari hippo mount was only for the Alliance.

2 Likes

It does not have to be fair. The Alliance is the inferior faction and you will accept Blizzard’s effort to make them more attractive.

Same goes for the wolf mount for the “two sides of the same coin”-achievement. They simply switched the mounts out to give the Alliance “the edge” …

Maybe that might have worked if they gave the horde something from Kul Tiras and not another Clefthoof for that season.

Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Not appropriate then is still not appropriate now. I ask you guys keep the elf fighting in the elf threads.

1. let’s not be dramatic here. I’m poking fun at the irony, not bullying anyone. Bullying would be to use insults or degrade character. :heart:

2. I don’t think Fen and Faldorian are the same characters. If they are, I’ll take the loss and admit it. But I definitely just reviewed the two accounts to be sure, and they seem to be different.

1 Like

You might be right, upon review the name is similar but different. Sorry for the confusion.

I apologize though, I seen enough elf fighting and tired of it to be honest where even light poking leads to ugly flame fests. I think it is better it don’t drag thus thread down too.

1 Like

Word, I didn’t seem to remember that previously. It should have to be unlocked on Alliance and usable on all characters regardless of faction similar to how Kua’Fon and the Child of Torcholli or whatever works.

Can confirm I am not Faldorian.

I do have a character named Falarden though.

3 Likes

Except none of that has anything to do with why the Alliance has the Bee mount exclusively in the first place.

The Alliance got exclusive rights to the Bee because all their faction rewards were slapdash, uninspired, uncreative, 0 effort garbage. The Horde got dinosaurs and eldritch monstrosities, and the Alliance got more plain boring default mounts. The fact that “a version” of the Horde factional mounts are available to the Alliance with sufficient hoop-jumping is as meaningless to the issue as the fact that the Horde can also get horses. That’s not the point.

The exclusivity is in place to try to balance out the woeful discrepancy between the Horde’s BfA faction rewards and the Alliance’s, which is glaring to the point of embarrassment. The Horde got effort and creativity, the Alliance got… whatever they were willing to put in at 6:00 PM on a Friday.

That’s the trade-off. No, it isn’t one to one, but by that point their options were:

⠀⠀⠀a) go back and redesign the Alliance faction mounts so they weren’t terminally bland and didn’t suck, something that would have upset the people who liked their boring horses

⠀⠀⠀b) take away the creative Horde mounts and replace them with various armored wolves and wyverns, which obviously wasn’t going to happen

⠀⠀⠀c) do nothing, suck it Alliance, #garroshdidnothingwrongetc (and I’m sure at least one dev thought about doing this)

⠀⠀⠀d) simply block the Horde from obtaining a unique mount for the Alliance to try and make up for it.

Which option is more than nothing, but demands the least amount of effort on the devs part? Basically, the Alliance got hosed by the devs original laziness, and the Horde got hosed when they tried to correct the issue.

If they wanted to make things truly equal, they could have done a second round of faction mounts. This time the Alliance get their unique, more-than-no effort mounts and they just shoved wolves and wyverns onto the Horde, so it balances out (except of course that the Alliance still had to wait for theirs), but again, that takes effort.

If they were willing to put that in in the first place, none of this would have happened.

4 Likes

That has to be one of the best ‘I would rather’ lines I’ve ever heard. I actually felt slightly nauseous after reading that.

low sodium chicken broth… egads!
/shiver
/cringe

Low sodium anything is pretty much guaranteed to be nasty. And the jock strap bit just pushes it to an epic level.

Impressive I tell ya. +1 nausea.

That is no longer obtainable. Also, the Alliance has a counterpart to that which is obtainable

It is called the Champion’s Treadblade

1 Like

Sorry Suhee, but I am going to actually disagree with this idea. No that I have anything against the Horde, considering I was Horde a vast majority of BfA, but the Horde did receive a mixture of different type of mounts for the vast majority of BfA, yes, mostly reskins of previous mounts, but the Alliance did receive only Horses for the vast majority of BfA.

1 Like

I don’t even see Alliance riding the bee honestly :frowning:

I actually haven’t collected the bee. The game has put me off from playing it.

Collect the bee and then let everyone have it! :heart:

1 Like

This guy Blizzards.

Basically, WoW team will always look for path of least resistance (least resources/effort/time) when ‘righting a wrong’, IF they decide they will right it.

They can right many wrongs right now with sub races/model toggles hehe…

(give me more puppy mounts plz though)

1 Like

Theres a puppy mount!?