Killing the wounded

So there’s a Horde WQ during invasions that requires you to kill 12 Alliance soldiers. The quest is called “Plowing the Field”. I did this quest in Drustvar, and noticed that I could click on wounded Alliance soldiers laying on the ground. This would kill them and give me credit for the quest.

Killing a wounded but not surrendered enemy isn’t -technically- a war crime. My question is, do the Alliance have a similar mechanic during any invasion or Horde warfare style quests? There’s no Geneva Convention in Azeroth, and I know the two factions have done horrible things to each other, but it would seem weird to me if this sort of thing is only being done by one side.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure Alliance do the same thing, but I might be mistaken.

2 Likes

Alliance do the same during a WQ Invasion in Tirisgarde

4 Likes

Yeah, I think the quest is the same for us.

“Not Technically A War Crime.”

I give it less than 50 replies before we get to “Killing Wounded Opponents Is The Height Of Honor, Actually”

8 Likes

What is this…
MANPAIN?

5 Likes

“Rise up, Sons of the Horde! Technically, it is not a war crime to kill the wounded!”

4 Likes

Both sides can infact do this. Think it just depends on the zone to decide which faction gets to kill the wounded. Dishonorable? Yes. Easy quest credit? Also yes.

1 Like

Mmm, I noticed that as well. For players this is a nice little touch since it is entirely optional if you kill the defenceless grunts/guards to complete the quest.

Somethimg something LOYALTY TO YOUR PEOPLE something something MERCY something something insert further generic rhetoric here.

1 Like

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope. :scream:

5 Likes

There was a time where weaponless Orcs were gunned down as they were swimming to shore. Technically, it is not a war crime to kill the wounded or drowning.

This is a quest that doesn’t get any in game examination of your actions for taking part of it. Blizzard literally made a minigame out of butchering wounded soldiers. Did it once, never again.

Just wait until you find out the horde has a WQ to kill a neutral pandaren healer who’s helping Kul Tirans’ wounded.

7 Likes

So, Alliance, how does it feel to get to be one of the bad guys for once??!:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

First off, keep in mind the setting. Not only are “war crimes” a fairly modern concept, this is a world that has been steeped in brutal war for ages. War is ugly, and even a wounded soldier, especially with the presence of magical healing, is a potential threat.

Second…yes, Alliance does this as well.

1 Like

Easy 15 Conquest for that one.

1 Like

There are a fair few quests of this “moral persuasion” every expac. Not gonna lie, it’s odd seeing people make note of them this time.

FINALLY. WE DO SOMETHING MORALLY QUESTIONABLE.

Time to step on throats with my hooves.

:nauseated_face::crossed_swords::goat:

4 Likes

They can’t run away if their legs are already missing.

1 Like