Kill trading, cheating, honor system gaming

How is it unfair if everyone can EASILY do it. Its not like botting, which screws up the economy and actually degrades the ranking process. All getting 15 hks on a lvl 1 does is boost the number of people in the honor pool so that more people can get ranks for actually pvping 18 hours a day. Also, win trading is purposely loosing a battleground, not engaging in raid wide lvl 1 pvp. The goal isn’t to get a rank 6 lvl 1. Its to allow more than 1 r14 on your server per week.

I would argue it is neither unfair, nor degrades the gaming experience. Blizzard screwed up the faction balance with cross realm bgs not giving any incentive for pvp server balance that doing this is REQUIRED to get a r14 for the lower pop faction on imbalanced servers.

The pool is already inflated with server size

Imagine grinding av 14 hours a day for 3 months to lose to some player who killed a few dragons.

wait are these 60s killing the low level?? because that wont give them any honor…I am confused if they are low levels killing low levels its not like they can go past rank (3?)

lol all of these losers, trying to dance around the exploit / cheating bush.

It literally helps every single person who PvPs equally. It gives no one any particular edge over another person. Everyone’s gains go up. Cheating implies someone has an advantage over another, take your outrage elsewhere my guy.

Found the guy who has no idea what’s going on.

You don’t level your characters, you take a bunch of level 1s, and get 15 HKs on them. That’s it. Takes 3 minutes per character.

I truly dont know whats going on how does that help any one?? levels 1s only give honor up to like level 12 or something …truly confused can some one break this down barney style for me please

So the way the ranking system works in Classic, is your ranking gains are directly impacted by how many other players are in the honor pool for that given week, since everything is % based.

By adding a bunch of level 1s to the player pool, you help everyone rank faster, and get additional slots for the highest brackets. The reason you need the 15 HKs, is because you need a minimum of 15 HKs a week to be added to the valid player pool for Rank Point calculations.

For example, on my Vanilla server, literally only one person could hit Rank 14 every 2 weeks, because you needed Standing 1 on server, and there was only 1 Bracket 1 slot.

With today’s server sizes and with this method, you could ostensibly push 5-8 people out of the system every week, which helps everyone below them as well.

so do the levels 1s have to be killed by some one who would get honor for killing them like level 12 and bellow or something?

No, you’re getting the kills on a lvl 1. Someone brings Alliance alts out, and they get farmed by level 1 Horde (if stacking Horde bracket), or visa versa if stacking Alliance bracket.

ahhh …I get now…chears :beers:

.level 1 death matches there should be bets and everything

Nerds being Nerds.
At this point you assume it’s a bot program that does it for them. Else pity them, for they are not well.

Bingo! this only helps a very few at the very top, the ones who are arguably the botters and account sharers in the first place. Regardless, it IS cheating and should be actioned. I don’t care about any of your reasoning that it helps “everyone” no it doesnt. They are just getting people to help, MAYBE, get an extra spot in the top bracket. Tricking a bunch of people into cheating to benefit a very few, again, who are the likely cheaters anyway.

No, dude, can you NOT read?

WRONG. Absolutely wrong, and this is the misconception being preyed upon.

NOPE. NO ONE SAID THIS.

My god.

1 Like

The pool is artificial to begin with. If you’re on a large server, then doing this really changes nothing, it’s like adding a drop in a bucket. If you’re on a tiny server, the brackets are screwed because of how Blizz designed the game, there might not even be a bracket for 10-13 if your server is small enough it’s that bad.

What, you think players on very small servers should just accept that rank 10 is the highest they can possibly go unless they’re in the number one position?

It’s not gonna do much on big servers, and it’s going to help alot on small ones that already are in a bad situation for basically everything, including ranking.

1 Like

If you didn’t call people idiots and make references in absolutes, you could have gotten more people to agree with you.

High ranks isn’t meant for every player - the new meta of gaming in 2020 seems to dictate everyone thinks they need to get honor and rank - weird.

as for the alt stuff - there’s a report button if you think it’s cheating.

I’d love it if you could explain how rank points being increased across the board doesn’t help everyone. And no the people that get pushed up a bracket slot don’t count as getting more benefit from it.

I’m confused. If I go kill an alliance member 10-20 levels below me it doesn’t offer any honor right? If I kill that alliance player more then 3-4 times , regardless of level, it offers 0 honor right? So what’s this whole post about? Seems like a waste of time to make an alliance alt and farm it into oblivion being as it would offer me 0 honor unless it was up to 60…and even then it wouldn’t offer me much honor for long.

In order for someone to be in the top bracket, they have to have the top .1% of honor in a pool of people who have gotten at least 15 honorable kills on the server per faction. If 5000 alliance on your server have gotten 15 hks that week, then 0.001*5000 = 5 people can be in the top bracket. This means that 5 people per week could be rank 14 per faction. Now if every player who pvps makes a lvl 1, and goes and kills a horde lvl 1 15 times per week, the pool doubles, so now 10 people can get to rank 14 per week. For servers with less than 1000 people actively pvping, either only 1 lvl 14, or none at all (unsure of the math) can be achievable per week without making extra lvl 1 characters to inflate the pool.

Its not you killing lvl 1s.
Its lvl 1s killing other lvl 1s.

OP is pissed that horde and alliance are forming large raids of lvl 1s and killing each other for 5 minutes once per week. Serious rankers are doing this for ~9 lvl 1 characters, or if they have multiple accounts, ~18 lvl 1 characters. About 50 serious rankers can (and do) inflate the honor pool by 50*18 = 900 by themselves, which adds ~1 extra rank 14 per week. (not a big deal)

1 Like

I get what your saying but doesn’t seem like t realistically makes a huge impact on anything. Just seems like an odd thing to gripe about.