Kill trading, cheating, honor system gaming

I’m also confused. If they are low level alts, this can only create value (honor) for low level players, as you don’t get honor for killing a player more than 10-11 levels below you. Is OP suggesting some level 11 players have found a way to game the system and become rank 14 by killing themselves on their alt account? This seems unlikely.

Well tomorrow there will be diminishing returns for killing the same player anyway so.

What is happening is large groups of people are making alts on each server and running them to a gy.

They pick places and times via discord and increase the ranking pool by killing each other until everyone has multiple alts of 15+ hks.

1 Like

My name is Mydotscrit and I’m a giant loser.

1 Like

TBH on the few servers I know this happens on, they duel it out, they don’t just kill afk ppl.

No, you misunderstand the intention of the Alts. It has nothing to do with using these lowbie alts to farm ranks. It’s all about increasing the PvP pool size so that their Mains get a chance at entering certain brackets. Only a certain % of ppl can get into certain brackets at a time, relative to the pool of participants.

For example, I think only 2% of participants can get into Bracket 12. So in a server where 1,000 people participate, only 20 people will make it there. Now say you inflate the number of participants to 1800, and now you get to have 36 people make it into Bracket 12. This essentially just allows people a better chance to rank up.

In order for toons to qualify being in that PvP pool, the minimal requirement is to have at leat 15 HKs. This is kills, not honor points, which has no relevance just to get added to the pool.

It’s a lot of effort just to get a few more people into the brackets, so it really is a pretty big effort by a lot of people to pull it off.

2 Likes

Cheating also known as a unique use of game mechanics that is frowned upon, but is not bannable.

report, in game.
farming self is not allowed nor is kill trading

1 Like

what rules

please post the specific rule that this breaks

Ah but it is. Here are some great examples.

“I can run that red light because no one is around to see me.”

or

“It’s ok to speed since everyone around me is speeding too, the cops cannot stop all of us.”

or better yet

“It’s ok to see other people because my partner will not know.”

Yes, adults do think this way…

1 Like

Responsible ones don’t.

2 Likes

True, but we are in a game with hundreds of thousands of other people, a good portion who are adults and the odds are a portion of them are the type that think it is ok to break the rules if no one is hurt, can see them, or if others are doing it they can too.

1 Like

read the thread

1 Like

PvP on an alt is cheating? What will Horde think of next.

Also, wpvp happened on a pvp server, don’t like it reroll or quit.

Isn’t honor trading. They are getting only 15hks with low level alts. They are widening the brackets pool.

Also, nobody is winning any “unfair” advantage, those guys are helping the whole server without damaging or affecting the gameplay of anyone else.

This guy is a garbage warlock, he is the kind of casual player that is mad at people who put more intelligent effort on the game than him. I bet that during the first weeks he was one of those pepegas that were raging on people who powerleveled to 60 on the first week.

1 Like

its not pvp, its people farming their own alts/kill trading. poor comprehension in this crowd.

1 Like

Let’s be real. You don’t care about this because it’s “cheating”. You care about it because it “devalues” the effort you put into getting your rank by lowering the barrier the entry. You want to look at your R13 and think that it was anything other than a complete waste of time.

Anecdotally, would you care to explain how players creating alts to inflate the brackets is fundamentally any different from if they were to just play on their mains and earn more honour? Seems like both would have the same outcome in regards to how it impacts you.

im rank 8 so

… so, you can just ignore the rest of the post calling you out on your garbage. Got it.

It’s a player, versus a player. Blizz doesn’t care if it’s the same player doing so- if they did, they’d put a stop to devilsaur collusion and multi boxing.

You know what GRIZZLY did on Stalagg for duration of phase 2? They gathered up their second account Hordies and their colluded pals, and each of them would take turns AOEing them all down four times at the start of every day. In minutes, they’d have more honour than all their competition would get in a day of pvp.

Guess what Blizz did after all the reports- nothing. If Blizz doesn’t consider that to be exploiting, then what do you think they’ll do about low level alts doing pvp that doesn’t get them rank, and benefits every single player on your server?

1 Like