Kill off Liadrin

Maybe
Anyway I guess its all going to be a non-issue. Really cant see them starting up faction stuff again.

I said the exact same thing after MoP!!

Eventually I think they’re going to get the “Horde vs Alliance” itch again and won’t be able to resist scratching it.

When that happens, HOPEFULLY they can do something else besides “Bad Horde Go Brrrrrr” :confounded: :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Why? Liadrin is one of the few horde characters that interesting and badass without being comically villainous

I wouldn’t say she is badass. She was bested by Turalyon during the Stromgarde warfront and again when the Knights of the ebon blade attacked light’s hope chapel in legion. She is interesting yes because you usually don’t see Horde aligned characters who worship the light so she is unique.

Better than Shadowlands which destroyed multitudes of characters :sob:

Liadrin can be a goof, but she is Ok enough.

She kind of reminds me of Hawkgirl or Jean Grey. Getting beat up all over the place.

Like when the DKs beat her up in the Legion Quest. Or how she is a Warfront Commander in Arathi and that is chalked up as an Alliance win.

1 Like

I’d argue the opposite is true. The trailer explicitly labels fel-addicted blood elves as outcast degenerates; WoW only ignores them. And I’m pretty sure WoW’s blood elves only have access to Sunwell gold and high elf blue and arcane purple eyes because HS depicted so many of them without the fel. Liadrin got the ball rolling there.

The Hearthstone devs’ partiality to this is certainly true though. Which is ironic given the blood elves’ gimmick in this expansion is drawing upon the Sunwell.

I was referring to the fact that there’s a Blood Elf demon hunter, and that he leads the felblood elves in their defense of Silvermoon, which is a nice way to give fel magic an active role in the Blood elf storyline. Doesn’t mean they aren’t outcasts.

HS parallel universe rules, for sure.

No.
/10char

So the TBC events are canon in this story? Since Kael’thas is nowhere to be seen and the Sunwell is restored?

Lux vult, orc. Put your faith in the Light, and nothing is impossible. :sunny:

We will never bow to your fanatism.

The Light forgave your torment of the Naaru and blessed you with the Sunwell. Stand with the Light against the coming darkness. :sunrise:

Only if I can throw fireballs at them and my panda goes bullet time on peeps, than you have a deal :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All of the grand cosmic force races are on the Alliances side.

:diamonds: Light? — Well, they quite literally have a race called ‘LIGHTFORGED Draenie’.

:diamonds: Void? — Well, they quite literally have a race called ‘VOID Elves’.
(Don’t even try to argue Shadowmoon Mag’har – They can’t hold a candle to the void elves, not to mention the Alliance pushed them over like a crippled murloc in WoD)

:diamonds: Nature? — Pretty sure we can all agree Night Elves trump the pathetic Tauren.

:diamonds: Arcane? — By lore, the Highborne actually joined the Night Elves faction also, in Cata. You could roleplay as a Highborne mage who was exiled until Cataclysm and it’d be also be 100% canon.

:diamonds: Death? — Just about every notable Death Knight are all human. Famed Horde Deathknights are either villains or get facerolled.

:diamonds: Technology? — We can all clearly see that gnomish engineering trumps goblin engineering, any day of the week. Both lore-wise, and profession wise :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:diamonds: Elements? — As for ‘Element Infused’ the Dark Iron Dwarves are probably the closest ones I can think of. Horde don’t have anything like that. Any shamanism stuff via lore now I feel is equally attributed to notable Alliance shaman characters also. Thrall is essentially retired, or a pleb in power at best. So yeah … Alliance take the Shaman cake now. :trophy:

To sum it up shortly? —

The Horde are just a bunch of wannabe plebs before the glory of the Alliance.

6 Likes

I don’t know why you’d hold the Highborne they showed up in a questline where the Blood Elves schooled them as outdated amateurs. The quest is Hacking the Construct. And that the Nighborne are on the Horde as well.

Those aren’t grand cosmic forces.
You also didn’t mention Fel.

2 Likes

I remember that quest! :yum: Hmm, I suppose but there’s been times where the Highborne have still flexed. I also remember some unhappy Night Elves in the forums about said quest / scenario :grimacing: — That being said, the Alliance also have the Draenie who had a high civilisation of arcane wit, before fleeing the birth & rise of the Legion.

Also the most notable Mage characters are mostly human, who constantly school the elves. :man_shrugging:

The elements kind of is - in a sense … :thinking:
On the chart though, yeah it’s rather divided however its still its own mass faction & has immense influence throughout the cosmos.

– As for technology yeah fair enough, got me there :joy: – but my point ultimately was the Alliance take hold over the most key aesthetics, on the highest pedestal.

2 Likes

no, she’s one of the only paladins interesting enough to talk about left alive, don’t make the prissy zealots even more insufferable…

You’re a little late to say she hangs around draenei too much, that’s kind of been her thing for about 17 years now. Now, do I think it’s annoying that the Blood Elves were made less unique and patched things up with the Draenei in the same expansion those themes were introduced? Yes. But to consider Liadrin being buddy buddy with Draenei as an issue now of all times either means you didn’t do your research into prior story or you’re legendarily slow on the uptake.

Also I want her to have Quel’delar back, the cancelled warfront weapons she has right now don’t match her armor at all and look stupid.