Kicked player gets the 30 min timer exploit

Someone in another thread said the same and i dont understand you guys.

Even if someone leaves on his own, there might be a valid reason to do it, like having to go afk for something unexpected and he doesnt want the group to wait 5-10 minutes (some people have jobs where clients / coworkers or the boss might call you in your sparetime, neighbours who want to ask you something, maybe even a girlfriend made out of flesh and blood, not the inflatable ones … whatever).

Why should people leaving for a good reason get longer penalties than say a ninjalooter or griefer who got kicked?

Especially with the dungeonfinder, where dps get replaced within seconds, maybe a minute or two if its a tank or healer?

I also think this topic gets blown out of propotion.

Does it happen? Sure, no doubt, it is the WoW community after all.
But i cant’t believe it happens that often, after doing a metric ton of dungeons (all but one faction at exalted, every JP item and heirloom i wanted) - in all this time i have seen 3 attempts to kick people:

• 1 successfull, a shadowpriest rolling need on plate and melee weapons (and even he only got booted when he did it a second time)
  • 2 where people voted no, due to stupid reasons for the kick

Seems to me that you gotta be pretty unlucky to have it happen to you.
And maybe those who experience it repeatedly get kicked for a reason, not just griefing teammembers?

1 Like

Thinking through all this now, I see your point. Honestly I can’t even remember the real reason they created the debuff timer. Maybe to keep people from rage quitting, or people leaving after a boss did not drop an item they wanted? And yes they are replaced rather quickly.

What I do believe was it was intended to curb bad behavior, but it seems to punish more than it helps.

Wow I’m able to change my opinion… Imagine that.

1 Like

Replace deserter with a debuff at the start that ticks down till either 30min has elapsed or the dungeon is completed.

If you get kicked you get the remainder of your debuff duration to wait out instead of a flat 30.

Abuseable? sure, but what haven’t players abused and ruined in this game already? I think it’s a decent idea.

Remove the kick timer.

Ban the ones who “hold people hostage”.

4 Likes

On my tank, since I still have Wrath trinkets and had a couple of lvl 85 ‘of the rockslab’ greens, I got kicked four times, without a warning and even after clearing some of the dungeon. I even ask at the start for people to check my gear and I’d leave if its a problem, but they say nothing then kick me at some point :cry:

Still, completed more raids than gotten kicked out of, and even with HEROIC being clearly visible on my necklace and weapon, smartasses still whine at me saying that I ‘gamed the ilvl to get in’ (didnt) and that I couldnt possibly clear the dungeon I quite clearly clared before and thus got loot from.

I’m pretty sure he is referring to how other players will vote to kick one player for no reason whatsoever, just to be an A–. I’m also sure that blizzard never intended the kick system to be used for that. It IS toxic, it IS exploiting the system for an unintended purpose. You can complain about his use of the word “exploiting” all you want, but that is exactly what it is. If it makes you feel better, think of the word as “abuse”. It’s a valid complaint and a valid use of the word “exploit”. 30 min ‘punishments’ for being being randomly teamed with senseless, toxic A–holes that auto-click yes to vote kicks is ridiculous. 5 min, MAYBE. Needs to change.

Change to what? Throwing the whole CD out because of an outlier?
As with all rules, some of the good get tossed out with the majority bad.

If there’s no punishment for removal, more people will take advantage of the system and it will end up even more toxic.

1 Like

5 min is a reasonable change.

They created the debuff because healers and tanks were using to to make money. Form a group, pay them 50g each, they queue up, get quick queue and they leave. Then they rinse and repeat over and over.

It does curb bad behavior imo and it should stay.

Adding 5 minutes to it for a 35-minute timer? I’m totally good with that.

1 Like

I’m sure Blizzard will do nothing about this and let the player base dwindle, but who cares as long as people are still buying junk in the cash shop.

It was implemented 15+ years ago and I’m sure their stance is still the same, the group decides.

Here are some possible fixes:

1. Don’t be that person who thinks they can tell others what, how or when to do it.
  2. Don’t be that person who is doing foolish things in group.
  3. Group up with your friends
  4. Group up with your guildmates
  5. Create a group on your own and queue.
1 Like
  1. Accept that sometimes you’ll just be kicked by a bad actor and move on.
1 Like

I havent been kicked yet, because i dony play bad

2 Likes

only if your a baddie, sounds like your a baddie

Just don’t get kicked

Get gud

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.