Kicked from groups for explaining tanking mechanics

I literally have a macro that says “Focus skull wait for sunder before DPS, do this and you won’t die.” And I get guff. That isn’t asking a lot, man.

2 Likes

I guess I’m simply not having the same issue. I haven’t had threat issues up through Gnomer.

Could be that it gets worse later on.

As a rogue I usually either attack skull or assist the tank and attack his target if there is no skull. I also played in vanilla so I understand this though lol. If I happen to accidentally pull aggro I immediately use feint.
I don’t know. Just seems obvious to me. I’m not a tank means I don’t want mobs hitting me lol. The only time I ignore that rule is if the tank doesn’t do his job very well and the healer has aggro so I swap to that mob and try to DPS enough to steal aggro and evasion tank it. Not all DPS are brain dead lol.

17 Likes

Well if any guilds on Herod want a tank who knows what he is doing and always willing to run people through content for FR/Attunement. Hit me up in game. Tank to good home.

4 Likes

Not sure if OP is trolling. 7/10.

7 Likes

Roll a bear Druid. Your threat is on a multiplier instead of additive, so people can go nuts and you don’t have to stress. Of course, people will only let you tank adds in raids. You’ll mostly be healing lol.

1 Like

I swear to God this is a thing that is actually happening. I had cape of the brotherhood ninjaed by a mage who thought I was “being an a-hole” just for explaining basic mechanics. I literally can not explain any clearer what I expect fr the group and I am the bad guy.

Maybe it’s the way you are explaining. Remember, text has no emotion or facial expression or tone to gauge. People often read too much into text, depending on how it’s written.

7 Likes

I mean I don’t know how I can communicate to people any clearer than “Please attack skull when sunder is up.”

1 Like

Just let it be, if you die with them trying die, be flexible, that is how everyone will learn, but if instead you get all annoying about it then people kicks you out, because I can understand you got kicked out from 1 or 2 groups, but you always get kicked out of groups and also kicked out of your guild, I think the problem is you, just relax, let them learn by mistake, don’t need to get all stressed about it.

2 Likes

I literally got kicked out of my guild because the video guide I linked in my discord had the word n00b in it.

The problem is no one wants to hear about or use basic tactics because they’re no longer needed, at least not up to and including ZF. An average-geared party of appropriate level for an instance can face roll through it. Tanking and healing are only needed for like, occasional spot checks and maybe a boss. Otherwise it’s just “gogogo AOE AOE AOE check out my xp per hour.” The Kids don’t want to wait for marks, CC’s, sunders, following kill order, etc. because “it takes too long,” and all they want to do is rush through it.

When tanks start talking about sunders and marks, all they hear is, “This is gonna take more than 20 minutes,” and probably start groaning and rolling their eyes: “Here goes grandpa with his ‘wait for sunders’ stories from The War again.” So they boot you and get someone else who’s willing to round up 5 groups at once and lolcleave the place to oblivion.

13 Likes

This new meta sounds like actual garbage and isn’t classic at all.

12 Likes

There is always another side to the story…

IF this is true ok but I mean, generally you don’t get kicked for being helpful you get kicked for being rude and being blind to the fact that you are rude. Good luck with that.

3 Likes

seems to me you lose patience really quick

3 Likes

Seriously just spec Fury/Prot. All your problems will go away.

1 Like

Maybe what you need to do is just say at the beginning, “you guys will need to wait until I have aggro before you attack, tanking is different in Classic” Do not try to explain mechanics, they don’t want to hear it.

Our tank did this because she knew people would not understand how difficult it is for tanks to get and hold aggro in classic especially at lower levels.

This is not your problem. When they can’t find tanks, they will learn.

BTW, sounds like you’re better off without that guild.

7 Likes

Dire Maul is the place that straightens people up specially the ogre area. Can’t face tank mobs that 1 shots mail.

5 Likes

I guess I can try being blunt about it.

As a tank druid i really dont have this problem since im talented to gain extra rage on crit hit and can spam tab swipe.
Advice: join a pserver guild that moved over that knows about threat in classic. they will all have a threat meter and not suck. easy fix.

1 Like