Kicked from Dungeon because of being on Oceanic Server!

No, your spells take no longer to cast, they just take effect a little later.
So it’s like you’re watching what you’re doing with a 0.2 - 0.3 second delay.

To play well with it you need to know your rotation and keep doing it as fast as you would normally, because those spells are all going to hit with no more time between then than with no lag. You can still counter spells fine with this lag. It’s better to counter near the end of a cast anyway, to waste the opponent’s time while your CDs refresh.

I was playing (LFR only) from a bed in hospital for a month, with a full second lag. That was fun, but still doable. It meant visualising the spells having effect as if you were seeing them without lag, and continuing pressing those buttons as though you had seen them hit. And you need to know the fights, so you can be where things are happening and doing what you should, even though you can’t see things til a minute later.

It’s not only Australians who can do it. I know of an American warlock who plays on Frostmourne, (an Australian realm,) who is generally top DPS in their raids - and yes, it’s a serious raiding guild.

1 Like

if 2 people have the same gear , same race , same class, same rotation the guy with the lower latency will be doing more dps. he will be reacting faster and will get more abilities off in the fight. simple, if u dont understand it upgrade your internet and youll notice dps goes up because reaction time goes up.

if you dont understand im sorry but you are wrong.

1 Like

Probably a good decision to pull that. Not that I would report you for it but I was recently given a 3 day silence for less… Forum moderation has reached an insane level over the last few months.

And to answer your question, no but I don’t interact with people from across the world in my RL activities either…

2 Likes

Depends, WoW has a natural 1000-1500ms latency cover. You’d have to go over that ammount of latency to feel an impact.

Also, “Upgrade your internet”
It has nothing to do with my internet connection, it’s plain and simple distance going on.

1 Like

Albeít-illidan

I have run with a full group from Oceanic servers and not once has it caused my latency to go up. It sounds like it was easier for the idiot to kick you then admit his internet sucks.

5 Likes

Let me rephrase: would it hurt you to actually be a little more empathic?

I’m sorry you can’t imagine playing this game with a latency of less than 50. I remember back during LK when I still had a latency of 150ms and that was here in the states.

No need to have an attitude though.

2 Likes

Internet sucking is a thing of the past decade though, we’re pretty much all on fiber optic now

Actually I have internet, the point stands though I don’t have issues when running with people from Oceanic servers.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be completely honest with you. Whenever I’m putting together a key run, I make a point of not inviting people from either Barthilas, Frostmourne, or any other the other OCE servers purely because of this. It sucks, 'cause I’m sure many of you are decent enough players, but I can’t deal with the high ping, especially on a high key.

That said, though, kicking someone from a heroic dungeon run seems kinda silly. Sure, the high ping is annoying, but there’s hardly anything in a heroic dungeon that will cause that to be a problem. If anything, it only makes the dungeon take longer to complete, because now you have to either 4-man the rest of it, or wait for a replacement. So really, it’s better to endure it.

I agree as neither I have issues with them

It is a video game and I play it for my and my friends enjoyment. Sorry if playing from the other side of the world is an issue but that’s not problem. We are not talking about world hungry or something after all…

And what attitude… Seriously I swear some people around hear to just read what they want and not what was actually typed.

3 Likes

This statement is kind of an oxymoron then. Why are you queuing if you are playing with friends?

It’s not the Oceanic/Latin speaking servers faults that they are group up with those of us in the States. It’s basically the lottery for all of us when it comes to the queue. I have never seen a reason for kicking someone other than them actually being a disruptive player.

By kicking someone just because they are from a high latency server, you are wasting that persons time- especially if they’re a dps. They just spent at least 15+ minutes waiting to get in a group.

I can read inflection: your original comment was pretty rude- whether you meant it to be or not.

2 Likes

Can we like, stop trying to make this seem like the other person’s fault? You can’t defend one end while attacking the other because this is mostly the OCE player or devs fault.

How?

Because people from OCE decide to play a game they know has the majority of players from the other end of the world. They are gonna face the consequences of that, and sadly that’s what it is.

I am by no means gonna risk getting high latency, ruining my game experience.

Besides vote kicking is not a single players choice at least the majority of the dungeon has to vote to kick for it to take effect.

Both players have the same rights, there is nothing game breaking or out of the ordinary here if not you trying to victimize one end.

3 Likes

Blame the Oceanic hey says. No joke, here is my internet speed
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8204252169.png

This is the fastest I am going to get here where I live, because all that is available in my area is ADSL2. Yet, I can play on Thrall from Sydney with my latency being around 260ms, and not experience lag or any delays. I waited until the Deserter Buff went off on my warrior, queued for another dungeon, sure enough, posted into a US Group, world latency being 266ms, guess what, didn’t effect my performance or game play.

4 Likes

I am not saying you suck or that you’re bad, believe me buddy.

I used to play at around your same latency, a little bit lower most of the time tho (150ms or 160ms) but my point is not trying to say you’re a bad player.

My argument goes against those trying to say other people are being ‘‘rude’’ or anything else for not wanting to play with lag. I trust your perfomance won’t be affected, but again, as someone who has played with both horrible MS and the average of 2 digits I know that it’s different.

You feel it different, and some people really notice the change even if 250 is what you’re used to, specially if those people are always at 2 digits ms.

So my conclusion, I am not questioning your performance, rather I am saying people who blame others for not wanting to run the risk of getting put into OCE servers, therefore augmenting their ping, are kinda being a bit hypocritical.

3 Likes

Sorry, I miss understood your post then

1 Like

You’re technically right, but the effect is so minute it didn’t affect us Aussies from downing mythic level raid bosses pre-mop before we got our Sydney servers.

We may have done it a little slower, but we always did it.

3 Likes

Every time I see this comment my jaws start grinding together.

And the reason is obvious: because this idea sucks major vacuum.

The result would be that anyone inclined would select the option and those of us in Oceanic would spend hours in queues because of the population disparity.

So those of you in the US who might suffer a short term increase in ms would subject all of us here to ongoing misery. The day this option was included in the game would be the day I unsubbed. And I wouldn’t be alone.

2 Likes