Kicked for needing on a blue boe

When you are in a pug, even more so a group formed in RDF, if you see an item drop that is an upgrade for your character, you roll need on that and never apologize for doing so. Now whether or not a particular item is actually an upgrade can certainly be debatable.

If people want to gripe about that, they can form groups where they can set loot rules before the run starts. If they do not, woe unto them.

1 Like

Kicking is a bit extreme but I can see why they were upset. You, a Hunter is rolling on a leather piece (which in of itself isn’t bad) which didn’t have agility your main stat but strength.

If someone else rolled for it then I understand the reasoning behind it but if no one else wanted it then the kick makes no sense.

For those who wonder what the stats are here.

Elekk Hide Leggings

Item Level 103
Binds when equipped
Legs Leather
230 Armor
+38 Strength
+28 Stamina
+20 Intellect
Durability 75 / 75
Requires Level 66
Equip: Improves critical strike rating by 20

I can’t fathom why these legs could be any better than any base BC leatherworking pants with agility, be it leather or mail, or even random greens of relevant level. Needing on them as a hunter saying they are an upgrade indicates the person didn’t make any effort whatsoever to get even basic gear.

4 Likes

I’m amazed you care so much about it. I already upgraded them, who cares. I got my answer to what the proper need/greed etiquette is in dungeons, which I did not know. Making baseless assumptions because I spammed dungeons and didn’t get pants to drop till then is weird, but go off.

1 Like

That means that gear really went to waste.

My point was, your question wasn’t really only about needing on BoE blue.
The gear wasn’t for your class, at least to others’ (and my) eyes, hence the kick. It seemed this point was not discussed at all in the comments above me, so I injected another aspect about the general need/greed rules.

4 Likes

Did someone else want the item too? Because if, for example, a Druid wanted it for a tank set I think that the Druid should get it over a Hunter who uses mail and agility.

(I’m saying Bear Druid because it’s the perfect item for a Bear Druid, has everything a Bear Druid would want main stat wise.)

Either way this will no longer be a problem in regards to classes gearing down an armour type anymore with Cataclysms armour reward/debuff where you’re incentivized to use your prefered armour type.

no,its not rude.
no1 gives an F if 5g is more than they had before, its a free roll item that he needed, won it, and equipped it.
if he needs, he needs.

1 Like

Yes it is considered rude to need a BoE, provided of course that they actually do need it. It’s situational, it’s just that in this case I assume that the rest of his party didn’t think he needed it or rather didn’t think it was for his class which I can see the reasoning behind.

1 Like

Just need everything IMO, many people do and/or are running dungens for the disenchants so dont take a chance

1 Like

You asked for RDF back to back. And now you are complaining when you got exactly what you asked for? Dont be silly. You wanted this. You kept asking back to back, nonstop for RDF to be brought into the game. You asked for WoW tokens in Wrath and for microtransactions in Wrath. So basically, you get 100% of everything that you asked for…Seems like you brought this on yourself. So deal with it. Stop complaining when YOU asked for this.

You got the exact game that you wanted. So anything and everything that happens in Wrath now that you do not like…just remember, you brought this upon yourself. No one is at fault for you being kicked other than you personally. That’s simply the way it is.

RDF means you group with a bunch of random people who don’t know who you are, don’t care who you are or what you need.

You said that you wanted a retail version of Wrath. You never said that you wanted to play Wrath the way that it was when it came out. Kinda brought this upon yourself, now didn’t you, OP?

Your entire tangent is just anti RDF cope trying to derail the thread.

Go back to your 6 level 60 HC paladins or whatever.

Op, generally it’s not an issue.

As others have said, it really isn’t an upgrade for your class, despite you having not good pants to begin with.

Normally hitting need and equipping is fine, but for items that aren’t designed for you, which those pants aren’t, it is better to ask, even linking your own as a reference for the rest of the party to go “oh yeah him wanting that makes sense now”.

That said, for leveling, the gear really isn’t that relevant. If your chain running instances you’ll get something designed for you eventually, so there really isn’t a need to worry about a trash 5g boe blue from a dated expansion.

3 Likes

Etiquette is to ask to need on the boe before just needing it. If u are 66 or 67 u could have passed probably because youll replace quick in wrath zones.

Still bad they booted ya though.

He’s a known forum troll, don’t tease or feed the trolls.

1 Like

Wasn’t anti RDF. All I stated was the truth. All I said was that everyone asked for it…ad now I see everyone complaining about the results of it. You have been at the exact same item level for MONTHS now on that toon. For someone who keeps claiming to enjoy Wrath so much, you seem instead to not be liking it much at all. You put very little effort into Wrath.

There was zero reason for this person to have been kicked. It was an upgrade for them, they needed it and they got kicked. And also what I stated was an absolute fact. This happened in RDF.

I been doing HC all day everyday nonstop now. That is all I ever do. I dislike Wrath greatly now. Nothing is good about it anymore. I have not logged into Wrath for months now. It is so different from the original version. The dev team that made this version of Wrath was the dev team that came in way after Cata dropped.

Cant buy WoW tokens in level 60 version of WoW. At least that version is not 100% pay to win.

if Wrath had zero wow tokens, didn’t have max level boots, didn’t have the shammy action bar glitch that has been around since it first came out, didn’t have a prelaunch event that had the first phase end early, didn’t have the glitches where some vehicles didn’t fire properly, didn’t have the WG portal glitches, didn’t remove arena teams, didn’t mess with the arena MMRs, didn’t come out in a costume balance patch that never even existed before…then yea. I would actually like the game.

But as it stands. Wrath of the Lich King was made by Blizzard. WoTLK Classic was mad by Activision that call themselves Blizzard. Not a “Classic” if you change every single aspect of it to make it more modern. Go enjoy your Cata…it’s going to suck too. I’m going to hate Cata just as much if i even bother to play. Seeing as how disappointed I was with Wrath…I doubt I’ll play even a minute of it.
Oh and can’t change specs while in PvP as well now? Could in original Wrath.

They messed with ability CDs in raids as well for this version.
And loot boxes added in as well for this version.
They got H+ in now
All your mounts and pets are now account bound
But hey there…this is Wrath just the way it was…na. It isn’t. You cant blame me for hating it. And they got laying in Wrath as well now. NOTHING about this is even remotely Wrath of the Lich King.

Wrath sucks. I hate it. Tremendously. My fav expac from back in in the day is now my least fav…and with how many changes they made to Wrath, do you honesty thing that Cata is going to be done well? Lol. Keep kidding yourself. You did not play a single of WoTLK. No one did. This was not Wrath.

Not a single one of us got to play Wrath of the Lich King. I feel like I got ripped off and bought some pirated version of the game made by a bunch of geeks in a basement.

How hard to I have to try to get it across that I truly HATE this Classic version of the game. It is terribly done. If they relaunched it and remade it EXACTLY as it was before, then yes…all day everyday I would play it.

21,000 people play Wrath Classic. 26k at its highest. Just as many as last time too people say. Like being at around 20k is close to 8 million then. Even you don’t like Wrath. SoD has over 20x as many players are Wrath Classic does.

You lie only to yourself when you want to try and convince ANYONE here that Wrath “Classic” is any good at all.

Do not follow this advice please…that is a quick win to the vote kick.

No.

You have a cope filled tangent that can basically be summed up as “haha told you so loser”.

Instead of addressing the actual topic, you chose to word vomit that. You don’t even tie it into the topic.

This is your final closing sentence. Tell me again how this isn’t anti-rdf ramblings.

Onto your current response,

I already addressed this in my first post, under the part where I am actively responding to the OP. The OP is needing on Leather as a Hunter in TBCC instances on an LKC server. It’s dated gear and doesn’t actually provide a full range of useful stats for himself. While hunters do use mana still and int increases their pool, it really isn’t relevant. The strength of the pants does nothing for a hunter in any realistic sense. The lack of agi also doesn’t help. It is NOT a piece of gear for a hunter. How you convinced yourself that it is either shows that you’re actively trying to troll and feed more into your own derailment, or you’re an idiot who doesn’t understand this game, which is my personal belief about you.

Yeah, you’re an idiot who doesn’t understand this game.

Go back to your 6 level 60 HC paladins and your 4 level 60 HC rogues and whatever long list of headcanon you’ve crafted for yourself.

I’m done in this thread, OP has already been informed of various degrees of etiquette, has already replaced the BOE in question and moved on.

If you want to ramble about how much you hate RDF, go make a thread. I’m sure it’ll be received well.

RDF is not near to the thing that I dislike the most about Wrath right now. Everything I listed up above states why I hate Wrath Classic and quit playing it months ago.

I was in a similar situation where a healer wanted to kick a rogue for a paladin rolling on a piece in a gamma. It was some purple from Occ, and the pally thought it was an upgrade.

After the healer’s fit and they had left, I actually looked at the stats and the pally’s piece, and the pally’s current piece was, despite being pvp gear, better. It wasn’t what the healer was mad about, but I still mentioned it to the pally, cause why would I not? I personally try to help others with things I know about, afterall (I play a pally that has a set for all 3 specs).

1 Like

You went and edited the post just to spew more vomit.

Nothing you said is relevant to anything this thread is about or anything I have said.

You are once again going on some long rambling for no other reason than what, explosion of cope filled disappointment?

Who asked. Who cares. No one here.

Serious this time, I don’t mute threads usually but I am muting this one. I don’t feel like reading another novel of a demented player. Go back to your 6 HC 60 paladins and your 4 HC 60 rogues and enjoy classic. Nothing here is relevant to you unless you’re still butthurt and still want to spew vomit everywhere trying to get your ramblings together in any coherent sense to an audience that truly couldn’t care less.

You actually have proven time and time again that you care what I say more than anyone else on these forums ever has, ever. I got bored so came to the forums to see what was going on here. I was gone for a while, come back and nothing here has changed so this time I will be gone again for even longer. Keep on deluding yourself there Äpathy. You cant convince me that you of all people actually think that this current version of Wrath is any good at all. If you had ever played the original version, you would hate it just as much as I do. Thats why I originally refused to play the level 60 Classic version of this game.

You do not like Wrath. Stop pretending that you do. You would be MUCH further along if you liked it as much as you keep pretending that you do.

I’m going to go play some version of WoW Classic. I just logged into Wrath to try that again and I hated that so I logged back out quick.

Wanna know what’s so great about Cata? The dev team that made it focused 100% on only making the end game for it. The leveling experience sucks in Cata. Oh and enjoy ONLY 5 levels that you get. You’ll be MAX level in so little time that you are going to end up super bored and then you will have one of the longest patches ever in WoW history during Cata with NOTHING to do. Cata isn’t Classic. Same dev team that made current WoW now, made Cata. Cata was made by an entirely different group of people. The entire tone for it feels different. You’ll truly hate it after a while. I promise you.

I still got SoD and SFHC I can play. Only two versions they have not ruined yet. So now I log off, Ill be gone for a long, long while once again and will go enjoy the game.