Kicked for needing on a blue boe

Doing tbc dungeons trying to get to 68 on my hunter, and I get kicked for needing on Elekk Hide Leggings. I greeded everything else, but this since it was an upgrade for me. Much better stats then what I had.
I get kicked instantly.
Is this not the etiquette for dungeons? Needing on something that is an upgrade for you? If i’m wrong please correct me.

5 Likes

Not in Classic sadly, this game is filled with cry babies who rage if they can’t make 5g of a blue BoE

11 Likes

I think it depends on your culture. Back in the day, if it was a BoE and an upgrade, it was pretty common where I’m from to say something like, “Anyone mind if I need on that?” prior to needing, and then equipping it if you genuinely did need it.

These days, it seems as though there are competing or clashing cultures, some where everybody needs, some where everybody agrees that BoEs are things that everybody needs for mount money, or whatever, or that everybody greeds.

It hasn’t been uncommon in groups I’ve seen recently (like more or less since I’ve been playing Classic in 2019 and can remember) for some people to automatically roll need or claim that that is “normal,” but it has been less common than for everybody to either roll greed, or say, “Anyone mind if I need on that?”

It has also been incredibly uncommon for anyone to care, either way.

I wonder if you just got kicked on accident?

:woman_shrugging:

Nah it wasn’t an accident, it was immediately after receiving it. I hadn’t done anything wrong like pulling ahead, pets taunt was off, doing damage on par with everyone else. I can’t think of any other reason I would’ve been kicked.
Honestly, it’s pretty petty to me. I didn’t play this back in the day, so that’s why i’m unsure of the etiquette, but it’s a blue boe that’s not even current expansion. Like we’ll ding 68 and get better gear immediately going into Wrath from quests.

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean that’s one reason it’s hard to know if it’s just a coincidence - like maybe they kicked you for another reason… could have been an accident, someone just messing around, whatever.

I bet a lot of the time if you open a vote to kick with something like, “Don’t kick!” as the reason, everyone will just click “yes” anyway.

:woman_shrugging:

You didnt do anything wrong. If people want to set custom “house rules” on BoEs, they need to form a group in LFG and be upfront with a disclaimer on said custom house rules.

8 Likes

I dunno, I figured I did do something since others voted yes to kick me. I wish I could’ve got to see the reason so I didn’t have to sit here wondering lol
Tried messaging a one of them that were in my server, but they didn’t respond. Just asked why they kicked me. ):

2 Likes

Custom house rules? What do you mean?

If this did happen to you, I would not worry much about it.

Play dumb games, win dumb prizes. You’re a hunter. That item is leather with STR on it. Yes, I actually looked at the class/item, which others apparently couldn’t be bothered to do. Personally I don’t care about low level junk like that, but I’m not rushing to your defense either.

I think it means exactly what it means.

This happens on a regular basis now. People votekick/drop over nonsense or at the first sign of trouble. Some blame RDF but the reality is that the community was always rotten. They simply took the nice mask off, no longer hiding the ugly truth. It’s a rotten narcissistic community.

You made the thread and kept coming back to fight for it.

It was already explained to him. He didn’t listen to any of it. It’s clear he just wanted to play victim, and it worked for some people. But not those of us that actually looked at the details.

Don’t expect Noxranna to know what they’re talking about. Hunters don’t even melee anymore because of the explosive trap launcher. It makes more sense to shoot the trap and never go in to melee range.

3 Likes

“play dumb games, win dumb prizes” I don’t… think you know what that means.
It was better stats then what I had. Why can’t I roll for something with STR on it exactly? And why should the stats matter if everyone else greeded and passed, aka, didn’t need it?
It also has bonus crit and intellect, further increasing the AP I get from it. So i’m even more confused how it isn’t good for me.

2 Likes

And this is why the playerbase will never grow. People are completely toxic to new players, or ones who don’t play absolutely, perfectly mathematically correct.

6 Likes

They probably assumed you needed on it to sell it, given it’s highest stat by far is strength which is very rarely used by hunters, if you were a feral druid nobody would have questioned it.

Assuming that’s why they kicked you that is, maybe they just don’t like your characters hair.

2 Likes

I immediately equipped it so that wouldn’t make much sense.
And it was on my blood elf hunter, so maybe they didn’t like belfs. /shrug

2 Likes

If its a BoP, go ahead and need if its an upgrade.
If its a BoE, its generally “rude” to need on it.

And the arguments Ive heard “for” this, dont make sense.
“Its just 5g”…yes, and thats more than they had before
“we’ll ding 68 and get better gear immedieatly”…so then why do you really NEED it? You are just going to turn around and vendor it in a few levels anyway.

To be honest, if you usually just ask if its cool to need, most people wont care. The reason everyone greeded is because they didnt “need” it, but that doesnt mean they cant get a use from it also. So in short, be cool, just ask :wink:

1 Like

I think we found our answer to the mystery.

1 Like

That’s all I needed to know, so boss loot is fine to need and not BoE?
(As long as it’s an upgrade ofc, not trying to be super selfish and need all)

Earlier today, I was practicing my DPS in one of the lower level dungeons. I was at the bottom of the list, sadly, but improving.

Suddenly, I get this box popping up on my screen asking me to conspire in a mutiny against our healer to kick him out.

Reason: “ninja looter”

I get confuse…is this a new term? I decline.

I look in the chat.

insert name here are you even going to use that item?”

“He rolled need”

The accuser then rage quit after realizing his kick wouldn’t reach the votes. One by one, everyone follows suit and I’m left alone with the healer who only said one thing.

“???”

I look in the logs and discovered what made me cringe in confusion at te lunacy.

1. only one person rolled need
  2. it wasn’t the healer being accused
  3. it wasn’t even the accuser
  4. it was the paladin who would actually need it

The whole team fell apart over some nonsense.

If he didn’t even need the item then why get upset at all? If he really needed it then roll need. Damn.

I know I’m new but, as a new player, I needed gold to get a mount…I always rolled greed but, even so, I understand :+1:

It was a funny story i wanted to share

A healer had no need.

2 Likes

Usually you would ask “Mind if I need that, its an upgrade”, other wise they misconstrue the action as ninja, which sounds exactly what happened.

2 Likes

Well, you were on your hunter.
The said equipment is leather and has strength, stamina, intellect, and crit.
Sorry, it’s very tough to say it’s any reasonable upgrade for a hunter.

3 Likes