Kicked for doing damage as a healer in a leveling dungeon?

Stick to smacking everything that moves since warriors aren’t meant to use their :brain:

4 Likes

arcane pulls good dmg while leveling but people leveling as arcane should either realize that it’s bound to happen that you will be drinking for mana most of the time… it’s just better to get used to fire or frost :man_shrugging:

oh and I havent found a single arcane mage on the dungeons I’ve been tanking maybe it’s a thing that people noticed beforehand

yeah you know arcane struggles with mana, so you handle it the best you can. even if someone was brand new to the game, i’d never ask them to do more dmg, or make them feel bad for falling behind. this guy was raging at me while i’m top dmg, half carrying the heals, all the interrupts, and cleaning up the mess from hunter pulling multiple packs. that’s just what we deal with sometimes. what’s sad about situations like the op, is we can get kicked for carrying because the rest of the group doesn’t know any better

Arcane is great for leveling,As long as you have heirlooms, and stock up on water you can arcane blast away and consistently do 40+ percent of the dungeons damage. the switch to fire is fairly simple once it’s time, I did it in legion but I was also expecting to switch to fire.

Disclaimer: this is also personal experience, mileage may vary ;D

The exact thing I found. Actually, I think it’s pretty busted. One shotting elite mobs with max stacks of arcane charge and a short cast. You drink a lot but I did WAY more damage than fire or frost and it’s not hard to drink, even in a dungeon. I did have max looms as you mentioned

1 Like

To each their own.

I personally wouldnt recommend arcane for dungeons :man_shrugging: since everyone wants to finish quick and move to the next dungeon.

1 Like

Ya, it’s crazy how much damage you do, and you can drink from empty to full mana before one of your charges deteriorates. You are a magic cannon with a short recharge time.

It happens people are ignorant and jerks.

1 Like

I believe the damage you do outweighs anytime you spend drinking and a few seconds of drinking and a blink and you get back to the fight leaving enough time for the tank to grab some Agro so you don’t pull a mob on the first blast.

1 Like

I leveled two healers recently, a resto Druid and a holy priest and didn’t have this issue for either of them. I mean, if you doing damage and not healing gets the group killed then I understand why you would have been kicked, but if they kicked you simply because you weren’t only doing your role then it’s just more pug bs and I’d ignore it and move on.

Also, holy priest is low key fun. If not for the million buttons later on I’d love this spec overall. But it’s fun seeing your healer beat out dps in cleave by spamming holy nova XD

1 Like

Ah yes back on topic tho, I’m leveling a tank now and idc if the healer does damage as long as no one dies from the healer not healing.

3 Likes

Yup Maslow’s hierachy. If you are in a safe situation it is safe to progress to actually healing. So sometimes helping dps is better for everyone. Some healers like disc priests use damage to heal which is good.

2 Likes

As a healer I’ve been on top of dps meters in leveling dungeons. The scaling is very wonky in the game. Some healers are very bursty in damage, I think this to allow them to actually do quests/wqs etc on their own. Some people are just… a bit behind.

There are very few situations where you actually need to only be healing in a leveling dungeon.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t kick a healer just because the tank dies during a pull would you? Just because you have a healer doesn’t mean that the dungeon is going to be a super smooth run. I’ve seen some really odd stuff during my days in leveling dungeons. A healer dps’ing is the least of your concerns…

2 Likes

Probably because some people in leveling dungeons are like this when 1% of there hp is gone

1 Like

You appear to either be talking to someone else or have failed to understand what I was talking about.

I was saying that if the reason for a group wiping is the fact that the healer is doing damage and neglecting to heal, then the healer is at fault and likely only qued as a healer for faster ques. People like that deserve to get kicked.

But if you are doing your job and a group wipes despite your attempt to heal, the blame is likely shared and a collection of mistakes, not just yours.

You shouldn’t be spamming arcane blast though… You’re supposed to be spamming Arcane missiles.

3 Likes

You do seem like the person who would kick someone not in heirlooms at the bottom of the dps meter. That’s why I was just curious.

Arcane blast unless missiles proc’d, unless aoe I should say

1 Like

Why would you assume that? I would never kick a player for not being in heirlooms or not knowing how to play the game in a leveling dungeon. Everyone is new at some point. Yes I can be a rude person at times, but I’m only rude to people that deserve it :stuck_out_tongue: