Kick from Dungeon group for boosting

Keep getting kicked out dungeon runs for wearing the Boosted tabard. I took it off but got found out due to my last collective piece. Do i just remove it and have an empty slot?

holy hell the gatekeeping on other servers must be terrible.

i feel ya.

3 Likes

:d I even qued as the TANK and they kicked me

Did they actually tell you that that was why they were kicking you?

You get a tabard for boosting?

2 Likes

the only time i’ve seen a party leader add then kick people was for their total health being low- like 7k and under.

Considering the amount of disdain some people seem to have for boosting a character I wouldn’t doubt it one bit if that wasn’t the reason.

Yes, they said learn to play your class then try again once.

The other times was the usually lol @ giving blizz more money and boosted trash ect… 100% aimed at the collective gear every time.

What tabard?

It was on this toon. I have played at 2k in arena so im not bad by any means.

People just look at instantly start talking crap about boosting

1 Like

find a quest for trinket and do it so you can you replace it, people are toxic, its classic wow, the community is insanely toxic

I’m sorry that happened. It sucks but the best advice I can give you if quest until your out of that collective gear. It’s what I had to do.

Or join a guild that won’t give a crap.

Well, that isn’t the same thing as kicking you for boosting.

This is though. I am not a fan of boosts, but there is no reason to treat people that way and I’m sorry that these folks were jerks to you over it.

Just stick with it if you can. The vast majority of the players out there are pretty alright people, so hopefully you run into more of them and less of the folks that just want to be buttheads.

Tabard of flame. Its my 6moth sub tabard. I guess they mistook it for boosted. Gesus thats even worse.

I don’t blame people for being skeptical to play with boosted characters. You didn’t spend your time 1-70 learning how to play the class. Just quest and get gear and learn how to play and then by the time you’re geared for dungeons, you’ll know enough to do them

They kicked me before run started so it is 100% about boosting. They didn’t see me play so how could they know if i was bad or not?

I have leveled more toons than I would care to admit lol. But I see your point. I switched servers to play with IRL friend and didn’t want to start over.

Boosted Ret pala still does like 1200 aoe dps. I don’t think that would be bad by any means.

1 Like

we had a boosted 70 mage in nexus last night get one-shotted by the first boss.

was worth a laugh, and we still beat her, so no harm.

mage had like 5k hp lol

1 Like

yeh, it doesn’t bother me… we all had our starts. the boosting is what i don’t agree with, but there’s nothing i can do about it.

Always have. They kicked ppl from LFR when they wore the cosmetic hats from the blizz store.

yeah, the boost gear for most classes is comparable to T4 as far as dps stats go. they just dont have health.

mage was doing fine dps (was even beating one of the other dps), then when boss split into her multiple mirrors, mage just got splatted lol.

wasn’t complaining at all about it, really. just a funny story.

also – the boost gear really could use more stamina.