Kick and precog changes

So are healers and casters just supposed to look at the default buffs ui to see if you juked a kick now?

Kicks already won’t show if you juke it, now precog doesn’t show if you juke except in the default with 50 trash buffs. Does blizzard play caster?

3 Likes

There is a white shield similar to the trinket animation that appears over your head when you get cogged

1 Like

ngl didnt know that, spell effects are so crazy now

They do not. They have more important things to attend to. I hear there are still some addons that work in the game. That’s a problem they need to fix.

2 Likes

Did you know kicks have audio ques :smiley:

so does everything else, losing basic addon functionality has made the game worse

1 Like

Whats the audio queue for pummel and rebuke? Oh and ya let me also decipher it between the other 5000 audio queues going on at once.

2 Likes

Pummel sounds like a gauntlet punching in to a piece of metal, like a shield. Rebuke has a distinct animation, but its sound is p bad

1 Like

I havent really played pvp since shadowlands, guess I better find one of each class to ask to kick me so I can learn to decipher the extremely niche off GCD sounds that occur while on top of hearing power ranger noises from wars, dhs, palas, etc

Cs / Spell lock both have the same sound, dull hum and animation on your chest. Dh is fairly easy to hear as well, kinda like a whip crack

Doesn’t holy priest have this similar animation spell?

Cooldown manager centre let’s you track custom buffs in the cooldown manager. I wonder if it works with precog.

sadly not, or id use that

Id be much more ok with them removing addons like this if stuff like kicks were all visual/audibly distinct in a consistent way. Offensives and defensives should follow similar logic, and all be kind of like pally wings or warrior dbts (in terms of visuals - not talking about how the abilities function). Precog actually isnt that bad how it is. If blizz is going to remove addons that display the information clearly, it should at least be obviously when people use important abilities.

We also should have had custom buff/debuff filtering months if not years or expansions ago. There’s too much going on too quickly to identify any one consistently when you’re also having to parse through stuff like timewalking, profession, world events, random trash procs, etc to see the 1 important spell on a 20 pixel icon thats moving around. I should be able to just turn what I want off and stop it from displaying. This wouldnt be “addons playing the game for me” it would just make it easier to follow pertinent information

…completely randomly and arbitrarily. ie, I can only track my treants on my rdruid as KoTG, not wildstalker, because only the harmony of the grove buff is trackable, but not the trees themselves. this is obviously nonsensical

1 Like

Spot on take. Its not a lack of knowledge, its a lack of the UI showing important information in a very fast pace setting, where half a second delay can win or lose games.

Altho I will admit, I have relied on precog/kick trackers for years instead of learning every sound effect of kicks. So now im afraid to que main spec destro cuz tank incoming lol.

The addon let’s you add spells and buffs by ID.

But I haven’t tried it for precog.

Yes base ui cd tracker is pretty bad. As a palla you can’t track retribution’s dawnlight duration on yourself to time them accordingly, only the damage debuff duration you apply to enemies, and as holy you can track it on yourself

Doesn’t make sense

1 Like

I definitely think they need to revert this change until they can actually upgrade the base ui to match. Why make drastic changes during the season. Release it with 12.1 with some ui updates.

I’m feeling pretty bummed about this change, I generally look at arena frames for a lot of information, I basically have to retrain how I play and fake cast now.

I think it’s kinda 50/50 at this point, there are several classes that have obvious kick animations x audios, numerous do not though, they should become equalized. This does not equate to addons being required though, imo.

I agree with this, but I think it’s the same as the above, especially with the ability to add the actual icons next to the nameplate for various offensive CDs. I don’t struggle to know when a mage has Alter time up, or a rogue is using Dance.

Why don’t you just have the offensive abilities tied to the nameplate though?

Maybe they could make enemy cast bars not visible, people could just go off the various cast animations and sounds instead of a cast bar.

1 Like