Khira fixed the bug. Nothing to see here

Yea, the forum is seemingly unmoderated. That’s one of the many reasons it’s utter garbage.

This place is so bad it makes reddit look good.

Faps absolutely… but nah, resto pots on Gehennas are a waste of a 2min pot cooldown in speed runs. If anything, ranged may fap as well (since GSPP should already be pre-applied) depending on the the state of the good ol’ blue bar. Tanks should be the only ones taking life-threatening damage and thus have prio for immediate decursing.

In what possible way?

If players are dropping from lack of decurse and mages prefer to parse higher, why the hell wouldn’t you?

Or you just think far too highly of your own opinion.

Still not as highly as the people suggesting everyone should use resto pots.

Thank you for your informative posts. There is still a big problem with the reporting though.

Lucifron casts a debuff on an entire 40 man raid, yes? And usually Lucifron gets this debuff off twice in a fight before he is killed.

That means there are 80 possible candidates of decursing.

The log shows 29. You detectived that my decruses were indeed missing from the Lucifron report… but it claims only 11 decurses for me.

29 plus 11 is 40. Assuming 10 people did not get decursed in the second fight, that still leaves 30 missing decurses from our encounter.

The video clearly shows the raid was decursed twice.

So… simple math is telling us the Lucifron dispel report is not just wrong on Pharmakos (me) it’s wrong on multiple fronts and is missing 30+ decurses in general, even if you credit me with only 11.

Lol I’m not suggesting everyone should. But I know the guild he is in. They act like they are the best guild out there. Also, why would you not use a resto pot? Just makes that fight so much easier. Id use one even if I were in a pug.

No, but the very first reply in this thread did just that.

I initially thought it was a bad joke, but the author spent a day doubling down on it.

Umm logs were never accurate. It’s like 15 to 25% accuracy.

Anyone that believes it’s above that has been dropped as a baby.

Reasons

1. Ppl log only what is good for them
  2. Only a few log and if you’re out of their range. Data is off
  3. Ppl log false data.
  4. Ppl log stacked data if they don’t know how to make false data.

If it’s not that off and everyone in raid logs. Then it only shows little bit of the picture. Most TPS on Paladin not tracked.

All logs is to brag or help recruit. Even then you have either false or messed with. The ppl that go out of their way to do so is at least average +.

They my have some mental issues but they are above average player.

Also, forgot to say.
It allows ppl to see you. Meaning they can take your build, itemization, and rotation. Then broadcast it on a viewing site to get $$ at your expense. Brand it as their own. Most streamers are worthless and take others ideas.

Simple math shows that the second round of curses went out not long before the boss died, and since whoever was logging the info clipped all the trash out, any decurses during that time would not be shown at all because the LOGGER clipped them.

Also the log shows you decursing pets. So your math is off too.

…what?

Given 40 people can raid, all it takes is one log to accurately capture the entire raid. The combat log function for external parsing and reporting doesn’t have the same range restrictions as our visible combat log. Faking logs is cute and all but you’re going to have to show how that actually works instead of just conspiratorially stating it.

Seriously… show us on the doll where the mean log touched you…

Again look at what I said.

It’s not accurate at all but whatever.

I am sad you were dropped.

If you don’t know how. Don’t worry about it still works in recruiting.

Above average players.

Of course mental issues but meh.

Looks pretty accurate to me:

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZF1dqKhrwX6kL2WC#fight=1&type=damage-done

What is with Mages that just check out for long periods of time?

Hi, Warcraft Logs Admin here.

You have in fact found a bug. Congratulations! :slight_smile:

The issue is with the Mind Control occurring on players before they take any actions in the fight. Mind Control is tricky to deal with because if the logger gets mind controlled, all of the disposition bits flip, i.e., the players start looking like enemies in the log.

In all the retail fights that have had Mind Control on WCL, the Mind Control didn’t happen until long after the player’s hostility had been accurately determined, but Lucifron is different, with Mind Controls possibly happening very close to the start of the fight.

In this case if you switch your view to Enemies, you’ll see that WCL (incorrectly) categorized you as an enemy. I’ll have to do more research to figure out a workaround, since mind controls happening on large raid where players may not have taken actions yet is new territory.

Anyway, sorry you ran into this bug, but it’s not a general issue, it’s specific to the Mind Control that occurs on this fight only.

4 Likes

Thank you for the reply, this is an interesting thing that I’m sure many of us were unaware was happening.

So had the log been running prior to the boss, IE on the trash, would this still have occurred?

Yes, since fight participants (friendlies and enemies) are calculated per fight.

1 Like

Gotcha. So minimal raid actions combined with early onset mind control can potentially flag folks incorrectly because the game swaps Friendly/Hostile flags during the effect, if the logger is the one MC’d.

Now I need to look at other bosses that use MC effects and how quickly they fire. I’m 90% sure Hakkar’s happens after a good bit of time, but I don’t remember anything about Skeram’s timing.

It’s actually really easy for me to fix, since the participant code predates the addition of COMBATANT_INFO to the logs. I’ll just make sure COMBATANT_INFO adds you in as a friendly player participant, and that should fix the bug.

1 Like

I looked myself once was curious and nothing was right.

Well you have a WCL admin who literally just amended some code to deal with the oddity of Friendly/Hostile flags… rather than be vague and dismissive, ask.

1 Like