Khira fixed the bug. Nothing to see here

Nope. MC is trivial content. Using resto pots when you’re not using speed run strats is a waste of whatever gold you spent on the pot.

False equivalence.

Nope. Takes more effort to get the pot.

I see a lot of decurses on there. Like I said: it’s not a problem for us to decurse.

Nope.

I can do this all day.

If it’s not a speed run. They don’t. Admit reality.

Every time I spot you in a thread, you’re providing an excellent example of trolling.

Yes. Flasking is also a waste of gold unless you personally like seeing big crits.

Meh. Unless you’re wiping due to a lack of DPS, one player flasking is completely immaterial.

But the restorative potions are on a whole other level. If you’re not speed running, they’ll make approximately zero difference.

All ive doubled down on is my point that it’s not useless and not a waste. I never berated anyone about not using resto pots. I DID give someone crap for not using any consumables at all, but that wasn’t the OP.

Also, I only ever claimed we had gotten MC down to a little over an hour, and that resto pots helped us do so. My guild doesn’t have the roster to properly speed run content and try 30 minute clears with 20 something warriors and a shaman for each group. We run with who we have, try and make sure we’re prepared to go as quickly as we can without causing wipes.

To us, this IS a speed clear, and on our realm it’s a respectable time, but we have identified areas to improve next week and clear even faster. I only ever gave any sort of snark to people trying to tell me we’re wasting our time/gold doing what we’re doing.

Using my server prices I could buy ~75 resto pots for the price of a single flask.

3 resto pots a week ensures GCDs never need to be used on me to clear curses, and leave me free to DPS.

But you think enjoying seeing big crits for 2 hours in a non speed clear run is less of a waste of gold than having the above benefit for literally months of MC clears.

K.

No you doubled down on the idea that OP should be using resto pots.

You people are the reason reddit is better than the official forums.

REDDIT.

No you tried to make it sound like you were clearing MC in an hour. You tried to make it sound like everyone should be popping these potions.

You don’t clear MC in an hour, and you literally just started using the pots. THAT’s why your logs came into it.

Your hour fifteen clear is fine. I’m not saying your guild is bad.

It’s not exactly speed running the content, tho.

Last week you were wasting your gold. For that strat to be worth ANYTHING, you really need everyone to use that pot.

Next week… meh. You’ll probably buy about 15 seconds with your 120g.

And both would be a waste in MC. I guess you can pump your parses with the flask.

No. 3×40 pots a week ensures you don’t have to decurse.

No. I don’t think this. They’re both a waste in MC.

Also… you started using these pots last night.

P.S. If you really wanted to push your time… wouldn’t it make sense to have everyone pop a flask? If everyone did that on top of having world buffs, it would absolutely dwarf anything your little resto pots are doing.

We’re saving flasks for progression in BWL and AQ. It might be feasible to do it once on a night where we’re trying to set a big record, but at this point it’s hard to justify with lotus approaching 100g territory.

Also, when you calculate the benefit of the resto pots, you only seem to be thinking in terms of how much quicker the boss goes down, when in reality it goes beyond that. We not only kill the boss 10 sec quicker, but our heals/dps have more mana at the end of the fight, allowing us to move right into the next pull without downtime. Even trying to get below an hour, every minute counts.

I just finished making 120 resto pots from materials I mostly had already and am mailing them out. Im sure I’ll get more mats from guildies to make them extra so they’re prepared for raids past next week as well, cause they’re good guildies and they do that kind of stuff. It’s not like we require much to raid, the 1st one is FAPs for the tanks, now the 2nd and 3rd will be 3 resto pots and a single GAPP on nights we want to push time. A total of 6.5g per person per raid if they’re having me make the potions. Pretty trivial if you log on anytime other than right before raid.

WHAT? Saving money, because you’re not that competitive? No way!

This would also be true if you had them use demonic runes or mana pots.

Either way, we’re talking about a few seconds IF you’re using a specific strat. Other people aren’t using that strat, so the resto pot is basically worthless. They’re not clearing any faster, and they probably weren’t dying to the curse.

I was just talking to a melee about that. I’d say at least set yourself up to double GAPP. Use one on trash leading up to geddon (the buff lasts an hour and won’t get used up during geddon) and when you start to take damage, pop the second one.

no the only thing that matters at all, beating MC bosses means the group gets more powerful.

Well yeah. And I think the tank should shield wall every boss too so you need less healers. What’s that, it would be on CD? Swap tanks. Have 2nd account warlocks standing everywhere so warriors can hearth out and respec. All your warriors have BiS tank gear and BiS dps gear, right? They don’t? CASUAL!

Seriously, it’s fun to think about what you’d do if you had infinite time.

Honestly I think the point has more than been made here, this dude started off the thread with a couple elitist sounding posts, but a while ago he backed way off to “it’s fun to push time”.

If you are trying to sell us on the fact that a consumable… no matter which one that is now available can cut a hour off the clear time of MC… I have a bridge I own from LA to Hawaii that I would LOVE to sell you… site unseen of course…

FFS
/triple? facepalm

If it’s only not triggered for the purpose of the combat log, that’d be… meh.

If it actually didn’t put him in combat, that would be much cooler. A bug like that would be a very authentic vanilla experience.

I couldn’t honestly tell you when bosses started consistently putting everyone in the room, and then later the entire raid, in-combat. Then they started putting all the hard leash mechanics where if the boss even came close to a boundary they’d just despawn. I can’t say I minded, having some bozo pull early while buffing up was a pain in the butt, especially in that stupid Argent Tournament where deaths and wipes counted towards your overall rewards.

Might I chime in, as I may have some “street cred” on the issue.

What you actually have evidence of is a faulty raid log, a faulty raid logger, or lots of “noise” if log is being controlled by an addon. It happens sometimes, and no one really knows why… but the best way to ensure accurate logs is

1. Follow the instructions carefully in /help/start
  2. ESPECIALLY the part where it says “It is very important when using Warcraft Logs that you log the entire raid”. This means to avoid addons that have “auto logging” features. Always always always log everything. From the first trash pull to Ragnaros dying.

In the log you are referencing, take a look at this view
(add after dot com)

/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0)

Did you guys teleport to each boss? No. You didn’t log the entire raid including trash which resulted in fragmented data.

Typically, boss encounters are more or less “detected” by parsing the data uploaded to the server (hence why they are called “parses” :slight_smile: ). When fragmented logs are processed, it is difficult to construct an accurate timeline of events and more importantly, associate which fragments belong to what context when they occurred. When warcraft logs processed the uploaded data it was unable to associate you to the “Lucifron Encounter” for whatever reason. More importantly, that doesn’t mean warcraft logs are wrong.

Here is your activity during Lucifron:

/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=223064&type=summary&source=10&view=events

“Encounters” are essentially a snapshot into the logs by categorizing a subsection of a sequence of events into a context. That context is “from timestamp X to timestamp Y, the boss fight ________ occurred”.

In order to make sense of the continuity, it is important to log from the very beginning to the very end of the raid.

Inform your guild about this, and start getting accurate logs! They are an absolute essential tool to help improve your game. Also… don’t take them too seriously if you aren’t in a competitive guild. As always, have fun with your raids and play how you enjoy the game. Good luck out there :wink:

2 Likes

You don’t need to double GAPP if everyone has a resto pot. Gapp 2 mins before, resto pot at first curse, boss dies before either wears off.

This is fantastic, thank you!

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/afWzR7X3n21Q9LwH#boss=-3&difficulty=0&start=0&end=223064&type=summary&source=10&view=events

Here’s the breakdown:

• Dispelled 11 curses
  • Began casting Frostbolt 10 times
  • Completed casting Frostbolt 4 times, 2 resists, 2 land
  • Received 9 tics of Mana from Blessing of Wisdom
  • Afflicted by both Impending Doom and Lucifron’s Curse twice, only cleansed of each once

It is all there… just not pieced together properly like Eztotems said.

Bruh have melee use faps on gehennas and ranged still use resto pots.

No one cares if you go off topic. There is no forum police.

If you’re a dev from WCL I salute you sir.

Still, above logic sounds a little off to me. I could see where if their log was super fragmented, you might not be able to construct a “Lucifron Encounter” at all. But given that you were able to do so, shouldn’t his actions during that time have automatically been classified as part of the encounter?

Yes, I probably should have clarified only the ranged are using 3/wk. Melee are 2/wk because of needing FAP on Geh. And yes, you can check my logs to see that’s what we actually do.

I’m not a dev from WCL, but a dev elsewhere and a member in one of those “hardcore” raiding guilds that strive to be the best in competitive speed runs. Not really interested in flexing the online ego but if you’re curious check us out on warcraftlogs, and cheer us on if you’re into that sort of thing! Many of our members stream our speed run content as well as other activities :slight_smile:

Alas, my logic is purely speculation, based on understanding logs are nothing more than just parsed combat log data. Since the activation of advanced combat logging by the client and adding to the parsing logic WCL uses is a black box–in other words there’s no way to “pop the hood” and see how exactly it works. But without complete continuity of logs I would imagine it would be hard to place boundaries in the data to paint a full picture.

I was able to find it because the endpoint I posted “Encounters and Trash Fights” is essentially the totality of what was recorded. I would imagine the WCL parser attempts to pick data within a boundary and must decide if that data is relevant to place into an “Ecounter” and if so what encounter it belongs to. For one reason or another, it identified the OP’s data and allocated it to a “Trash Fight” instead of encounter “Lucifron Normal”. We could speculate for days at my pleasure but the resolve to all this is to record the entire raid and always have multiple people logging for the most reliable results.

1 Like