Keycloning software clarification

Honestly this is the definition of insanity, I must be insane because i keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result (Aka them to learn)

1 Like

Just because you re correct, don’t expect people with bias views to see it.

You mean people with an Agenda full of misplaced hate?

That’s a bit of a “throwing the baby out with the bathwater” solution. So make it miserable for everyone to make it useless to a relatively small number?

No thank you. I remember the Bad Old Days of still being ground-bound and having capped players zoom in on flying mounts and grab a node before I could get to it. I am very glad those days are gone.

because its not readily available hello! but if it becomes this, you can say goodbye to your playstyle! i am referring to the older methods.

Your eyes are not the same as Blizzards eyes. Read and weep… And dont let Blizzards view hit you to hard on your way out… Bye!

"Blizzard

Common Problems

• Is multiboxing allowed?

• I want to report a player for multiboxing

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.

For more information on our stance about input broadcasting software, please visit https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/23558957/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software.

Source https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/24258

2 Likes

But it IS READILY AVAILABLE, You can buy the HARDWARE ALTERNATIVE of isboxer wich is not banned or against the rules for 20 bucks on ebay, that’s what 2 hours of working at mcdonalds? the same 2 hours that you would of used to pay for isboxer anyway

You’re doing it wrong Wildsinger, don’t come on the forums trying to change anyones mind, just come by when you’re bored and chat a bit :slight_smile:

I just say a couple things then go do something else and say a bit more and go play some overwatch or something. Don’t care too much :+1:

Hello :]

:man_shrugging:

if it was, blizzard would have banned it. jeeze i wonder why they’re doing it now after 16 years. this program must’ve grown in popularity and gotten out of hand. i wonder what the outcome will be if all the same botters and multibotters migrate to hardware.

It was easily available 10+ YEARS AGO isboxer wasn’t just released this year and only just become a thing, Guides to boxing date all the way back to wrath and were readily available in burning crusade.

It’s not a recent thing.

The recent thing is people using bots THROUGH Broadcasters, Those are just botters, Botters gonna bot, Botters are still gonna use broadcasting software anyway

Botters dont care if they break the rules they only care that they make money.

Botters can’t easily use hardware because that requires the creation of custom hardware

Multiboxers can use hardware, Doesn’t require customization, Is cheap and easy to obtain, Very easy to setup it’s literally just plug the cables in and go

yep botters abusing and because people heard about how safe and easy it is to get into, so they started abusing it. this became a problem since the start of legion and blizzard finally had enough with it. win win for blizzard baby. enjoy investing in some hardware to all those that abused the program and pray blizzard doesn’t ban multibotting in the future outright because of the abusers.

I’d ask what’s the spirit of the new change.

If Blizz wants you to stop being able to control multiple accounts at the same time without the use of external tools, then no your workarounds aren’t acceptable. Most likely…

1 Like

The issue is the playstyle, the software only facilitates the undesirable playstyle. Allowing hardware to accomplish what the software does does not address the impacts of the playstyle which I believe is the goal.

I agree that there is a need for clarification, I would like them to provide guidance that states something along the lines of: “One keystroke equals one action on one character”. If they did this then KVM and other hardware “loopholes” would be closed and people would clearly understand what is allowed and what is not allowed.

Sighs
There is no spirit when it comes to companies, This isn’t your table top dungeon master asking you to stop min maxing, Or your school yard teacher asking the big kid not to force tackle.

There is a list of what IS and WHAT ISNT acceptable via contract, And we accept that contract the moment we login

We are allowed to do what blizzard defines as ACCEPTABLE and not allowed to do what they don’t define as acceptable.

There is no spirit or good faith here, There is only the contract rules, Because contracts are bound by LAW, Not by how much you like someone or want your group of people to get along.

Hardware is available and is fine
Multiboxing is available and is fine.

2 Likes

They have already provided guidance on what they want. and what is and isn’t allowed, SEE MY ABOVE POST.

You make good points, on the other hand I’m pretty sure our accounts can be banned for any and all reasons at whim, which is why I think the spirit does somewhat matter.

Spirit does not matter fam, They define the rules, We play in the rules or we get banned/actioned.

We are playing in the rules, People in this thread with an Agenda don’t see that because they have an Agenda, And much to that hate groups leader with their agenda, We aren’t going to be banned for use with hardware.

2 Likes

Makes me wonder if that is so. Since I never thought there was more than a tiny chance any controls would be put in place regard mboxing, I’m wondering how far they will push things. I guess the ultimate step would be to simply outright ban mboxing. ESO didn’t dither around about it, they just don’t allow it. Their ruling is:

Multiboxing is NOT allowed in The Elder Scrolls Online in any of its forms, whether software- or hardware-based. Any accounts found to be multiboxing will be considered in violation of our Terms of Service and actioned swiftly and decisively, up to the permanent deactivation of the account along with any other associated accounts. To be clear, players are welcome to have multiple accounts. However, using hardware or software to play them all at the same time is not allowed on any ESO service.

Multiboxing is the practice of playing multiple accounts simultaneously, including, but not limited to using either hardware or software to facilitate the coordination between the accounts. This violates the intended nature of the gameplay mechanics we’ve created for ESO.

Since Bethesda has been one of the most money-hungry gaming companies around, I was always surprised at this viewpoint. However, if they can consider it the best thing to do for their game, ultimately Blizzard may approach it the same way. More certain if people start finding workarounds.

This thread in summary: Its not cheating because there are work arounds that exist currently. Yet we don’t even know the seriousness of this ban. Its entirely possible this restriction is in the spirit of things and that hardware work arounds will also be targeted. They dont ban multiboxing outright because of the people that dual box and alt tab between the two.

What Blizzard says is “one key = one spell”.

If you do “one key = many spells on many chars”, you will get into trouble.

Of course they can detect this on the server side.