Keycloning software clarification

Again, we’ll see.

To be clear, I’m not a boxer and this change has nothing to do with me. I personally think it would have been an overall better solution to randomize resource nodes so boxers can’t as easily farm and clean sweep a node by themselves.

But I have always felt that while semantically key cloning isn’t botting per say, it very clearly is violating the “rule” of 1 button press = 1 action. You as the human being wasn’t doing 5 different button presses to control 5 different toons…you will still pressing 1 key and controlling 5 toons which is a lot closer to botting than I’m kosher with even if you want to split hairs and say it teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeechnicalllllllllllyyyyyyyyy isn’t botting.

Except it isn’t botting, Bots run on a script that enacts certain things based on variables on an infinitely repeating cycle, One click walk away from the computer

I am still performing one action for one button press, Characters don’t do two things from one button press they are still doing one button press.

If i take two physical keyboards and get a ruler and sticky tape a pen to each side and hit the same button on both keyboards at the same time with one action from my hand, I have performed two hardware inputs to two clients, It is still no different to me taking that ruler and turning it into a few electrons.

Only thing that’s changed now is i can’t make a ruler out of 0’s and 1’s

I can however make a ruler entirely out of silicon and copper and send the result from that ruler to 5 different virtual machines with USB and GPU pass through

1 Like

^^^

Omg. This guy is a gymnastics master.

Ask yourself “what is the purpose of this change?”

Blizzard pretty clearly wants multiboxxing to stop. You can argue technicalities and semantics all day, but we shouldnt be surprised when you get a warning.

2 Likes

Exactly, they basically blocked casual boxxers lol

Then they would say that :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Again, I’m not arguing it IS botting. I said it’s far too close to it for my liking and taste but not that it actually is.

In the end though, Blizzard is the one that needs convincing…I think you and your types are shooting yourselves in the foot by coming up with all the alternative ways you expect to get around this. What really matters though is the spirit and intent of the rule change. If the actual intent is their expectation is that the “proper” way to multibox is that the user is distinctly swapping active windows and pressing a key each time to have something happen, then trying to rig up hardware hacks or go around it by some other software means is violating the spirit of the rules and just likely to also find it banned.

As I’ve said in a different thread…boxers would best be served working with the community to address the issues people have with multiboxers and the perceived great negatives they bring to the game rather than try and battle them on petty semantics wars the botters are destined to lose at anyway even if they are teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeechnicallllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy right on the specific word usage itself.

From a tech. point of view. You are not allowed to use programs to mirror keystrokes quoting Blizzard: “We’ve examined the use of third-party input broadcasting software, which allows a single keystroke or action to be automatically mirrored to multiple game clients”.

What is your view about using a software like autohotkey to send out keystrokes to several clients but with a twist. You remap the keys for every client, i.e if you press key A, you’ll get key A on client 1 but you get a B on client 2.

That isn’t mirroring because you do actually send out different keystrokes to each client. What is your opinion about this?

1 Like

Except this is a company, Not a good samaritan at a dungeons and dragons table, This is not about the “Spirit” of the rule, Companies have a very clear list of what IS and what IS NOT acceptable through something called the terms of use.

Hardware IS acceptable
SOFTWARE is NOT acceptable

Multi Boxing is Acceptable
Multi boxing through hardware is acceptable.

It ends there at that point, Not what you think blizzard’s spirit is not what i think what blizzards spirit is

It ends where we sign the contract by pressing the “play” button.

multibotters in denial! your work arounds and mental gymnastics to prove innocence wont last long.

Seriously how is this mental gymnastics, You are literally the leader of the hate group at this point because you are not standing to reason at all.

The above described fits PERFECTLY inside the updated terms of service.

im not a leader of a hate group, i am just a fair player. your kind is seen as cheaters to community as of now. yet you try so hard to deny blizzards own words to prove innocence. imagine feeling righteous in saying, the hardware method isnt banned even though it promotes the same unhealthy game play as the software that was just banned for being unfair! if it becomes so common place like it is now, the hardware work arounds wont last and you know it.

So are they referring to using like isboxer and such, or are they saying any sort of software; such as a macro button on a keyboard/stream deck etc?

I dont really understand the difference between the two? A stream deck for example could be used to press 1 on all wow windows; isboxer can do the same?

I have used isboxer in the past, but never found it to be that fun so stopped anyway.

That seems like a valid question you should ask customer service about.

It’s pretty clear they are limiting the rule strictly to multiboxing, at least for now.

The statement is any third-party software that does an input broadcast. They aren’t being specific to cover any other applications that can do this via whatever means. I don’t think they are targeting isboxer specifically, just this method in general. Blizz wants money from these accounts so they don’t want people cancelling, so they aren’t banning multiboxing in general, just the input broadcasting.

Yeah, I can understand that part of it, just not sure about what is or isnt acceptable in regards to inputs.

I would hate for my steel series software to get me a ban for having a custom button set up on it for example, or even my stream deck setting off some sort of alarm for the way I control my scenes…

You keep saying it’s unhealthy play, But multi boxers make mats cheaper for everyone, I no longer have to spend 10 hours a week to farm so i can do progression raiding, That 10 hours a week gets devoted to mythic+ because flasks and potions are cheap.

That’s not unhealthy, That’s very healthy it means less time doing things I DONT WANT TO DO and more times doing things I DO WANT TO DO.

You are basicly the leader of the hate group at this point because you spew and spout toxic nonsense and never actually listen to reason, This isn’t providing an unfair advantage ANYONE can multibox if they want, There is nothing stopping you from doing it.

As for the hardware work around lasting? It was what multi boxing originally was a hardware interface, Software eventually replaces hardware but it doesnt mean we cant return to hardware. Fact of the matter is, Blizzard has publicly stated they are not after multiboxers, they are after botters.

Botters have started using similar software to us for nefarious things such as botting, We aren’t botting, Botters can’t go back to a hardware interface wich is clearly not banned, Boxers can.

If they wanted to get rid of us, and our “Work arounds wouldn’t last” then they would just outright BAN the concept of multi boxing.

1 Like

Most gaming keyboards / Mouses has programming functions and Blizzard doesn’t like them either.

1 Like

I think you’re being overly paranoid. The intent is clearly to stop multiboxing and associated botting. If you aren’t running two or more toons that are moving in unison to the same nodes or firing off the same skills, I’m pretty sure you will never get noticed.

literally no one cares about multibotters making the economy cheaper. people care about wanting to play the game legitimately and fairly. nothing i say is toxic, its all but the truth. yeah it was originally a hardware thing, but it was also not so common place which you consistently fail to understand. this program made it so readily available to the public and blizzard took care of it. if every multibotter migrates to hardware, you can sure as hell bet it’ll be banned. you are denying truth to fit your little multibotter agenda.

1 Like