Keycloning software clarification

Their intent is absolutely clear. The policy change said it isn’t directed to multiboxers but rather the Botters that use the same software.

1 Like

You are correct, the intent is to be able to catch people using software that they feel allows too much automation. They have made it clear that they don’t have a problem with multiboxing itself, just the software many are using.

1 Like

This is only day 2 of the unexpected change. Mostly it’ll blow over soon.

Are they going to give those of us that have been running multi accounts free transfers to transfer toons to a single account? Since after 15 years of playing the game they are deciding to change the rules?

I would still recommend to all who are looking at doing this don’t focus on “Using software to replicate keystrokes” and look at automating the game play. If keystrokes are getting replicated, this will get noticed software or otherwise and I suspect they’ll do something about it. Ultimately it is your account, but I’d suggest not trying to skirt it just so you can do the same thing on 5 accounts at once.

My issue with it is some of us have bene doing it for 15+ years and have spent a good amount of time build multi box teams.

1 Like

You are wrong about this. The VM doesn’t duplicate inputs. They just receive inputs from a ordinary source like your keyboard.

A single action causing multiple actions in game.

Same thing as duplication.

Nope because VM’s are actually one separate machine by it’s own. So the VM’s don’t duplicate anything.

VMSphere offers options to replicate keystrokes or other inputs to multiple VM’s. The suggestion I’m making here is to try and not make it where you command 5 characters to do the same thing at the same time using a single input. Whether you are replicating that input on the host system or not doesn’t matter. If you aren’t going through each single account you are playing at the time and putting in the commands yourself you are running the risk of action from Blizz.

What i’m referring to is that if you run the clients on VM’s it will be quite hard for any detection software from Blizzard to scan for key-stroking programs because they don’t exist on the VM’s. Sure the “main” computer might have one and that one conflicts with the TOA’s but as long as you don’t run the client on the main computer i guess it will be hard for the Warden software to prove that you are using a key-stroker.

1 Like

You can tell yourself that all you want, but it won’t make you immune to further changes down the line if and when blizzard decides it’s a problem they need to deal with.

I’ve seen this happen many times.

And then later the hammer comes down hard.

I’m not saying it will happen here, just that it has happened many times in the past that people who thought they were playing the game appropriately found out Blizzard thought they were deliberately exploiting.

I’m just telling you how things work from a technical point of view, whatever you do with that information is up to you…

You are going to end up having a bad day with this route. Sure they can’t see the programs. However they will see 5 accounts doing the same captured key input in a short period of time from the same or similar source(you’ll be coming from the same site, even if the host pc has a different ip). Until now I suspect they’ve been ignoring that and this will be what they look for to capture this, not just software on the host pc where wow is. Again it is your account just be aware you’re looking for a workaround where I doubt there is any.

note: I’m puling the 5 accounts out of the air, it could be any number of accounts really.

In a party or raid. That’s what they’ll be looking at.

You have no clue what VM is do you? Be honest, because if you did you would know that the statement you made is complete BS.

1 Like

Yeah, most likely. I know if I were setting up the monitoring on this(in other words in my opinion) I’d flag regardless of party/raid membership to be certain I could track any outlier scenarios.

If it was me I’d start by setting up some sort of sampling based on party/raid membership, because multboxers almost always form parties or raids.

https://youtu.be/VE7J-raq4XM?t=469 So… all those people in that raid are bots because they push the same button synchronized?

Vehicular manslaughter?

Pushing one button is causing more actions than intended to happen. Its duplication.