Keep the 120 camera FOV

you mean your first post on that character.

Fully aware. Also covered in the council forum. As in that it shouldn’t be enabled in arena and the sorts given its nature.

It shouldn’t be enabled in any instanced content nor warmode. Which makes it a lot easier just to get rid of totally since it never was intended.

Yet it’s what people want now that they had a taste. Never intended doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be implented.

2 Likes

then make it default if they legitimately think people can’t play without it. Just because someone claims they get sick, doesn’t mean they should be able to get an advantage over other players.

Something already addressed by saying it should be put in the interface option.

When is this change coming into effect?

Why dont they just make the default fov like 120 since its mich better anyways?

2 Likes

This change is effective immediately 120 back to the intended number 90.

120 still works. It briefly stopped working after the hotfix went live but then it started working again sometime yesterday.

2 Likes

making it default is a bit different than putting it in the interface opinions but okay I don’t read entire threads.

It is a very minor difference - I can’t see why anyone including blizzard is making a fuss about this.

Let me guess, you don’t use addons do you?

And cornholed by our blue dictators once again. Farewell FoV change, you could have stayed but the devs hate the playerbase.

Edit: Also tell pre-WoD zoom out distance I said hi.

1 Like

Ya I took some nice screenshots when we had it for 1 hour…
XD

1 Like

not really

It figures, you coming here telling us we are getting an advantage on something when it’s an option that everyone can use, same with addons, people claim it gives an advantage, but what is stopping everyone from using the same thing to all get the same advantage?

If we all have an advantage, no one has an advantage.

I am not complaining addons are giving you an advantage.

However, this is hidden and isn’t obvious to all players so yes I think it is unfair. I did mention earlier though the difference is so small I am surprised anyone is making a fuss including blizzard. And no I am not buying the motion sickness line when someone is doing mythic raiding and rated PvP with a lot of movement - that seems to me more of a you want an advantage over your competitors.

But it’s not longer ‘hidden’, it’s now public information so any can use it with a simple command line that uses the in game options from the default UI, so no, much like addons giving an advantage when anyone can use them, this also gives an ‘advantage’ because everyone can use it and give the same advantage.

Even if Blizzard made this into the settings of the default UI there is a 100% chance players will not even know it is there.

You also have no right to call anyone out for the reasons they give, you may not get sick, but some people do, hell I still get motion sickness when taking the bus to work, or any vehicle where I am not driving because I am in a moving object that I have no focal point and the constant moving scenery around me makes me sick.

What competitors? There is no “competition” above world 100 for PvE. And again this change wont make an average joe roflstomp the jailer. For PvP it was already stated that it shouldn’t be in there unless its being taken into full consideration for everything pvp related.

This is contradicting. Not all players are aware of all addons. So given that what you said would automatically apply to addons as well. Especially if we dabble into the world of specific weakauras.

M+ scores and titles, along with raid logs, effectively have turned PvE into PvP unfortunately, along with adding toxicity to those game modes. I agree with the rest of your post though.