KEEP 10V10 RBGS IN WoW

This reads like chat gpt lol

5 Likes

I’d wager a lot of money that more people participated in soloq BGs than preform group rated BGs this season. That said, there should be a space for both.

6 Likes

What’s 8v8 rbg shuffle anyways? I tried it, felt like a random battlegrounds to me. It was just a gaggle of incohesive people who can’t communicate and just wandering about on the map. It feels like the only people are for this shuffle mode are the one’s who can’t work with others or who do not participate in rbgs altogether.All blizzard is doing is intentionally trying to thin out the one element that RBG’s and Blizzard all about, camaderie and large group team building. Has it come to this where our voice no longer matters.

9 Likes

Rated Battlegrounds is my favorite game mode because I can queue a competitive PVP match with a group of friends. I’m not an elite player by any means yet RBGs have been the thing I look forward to the most when I log in because I can play objectives with a group. We all get in discord together, joke around, play as best we can, win some, lose some, and say gg until next rbg night.

In comparison, solo queue feels lonely. It lacks camaraderie.

#Save10v10Battlegrounds #WorldofWarcraft #GamingCommunityUnite

10 Likes

I agree! I think RBGs need to stay as they are now, and if they want to ADD solo-shuffle-style 8v8 games, that’s fine. Don’t take away something that’s loved by so many Blizzard

6 Likes

Solo shuffle is the worst thing they ever added to wow. Its designed for anti social dopamine rush kids.

12 Likes

Yes, sweeping generalized insults about people you don’t know aren’t anti-social at all. And, he wonders why people avoid the ten man rated BG community. :wink:

7 Likes

Exactly! This is all that needs to be said.

3 Likes

Trust me I am the nicest person in rbgs and always try to help people learn. But solo shuffle did ruin the game.

7 Likes

Well, regardless, I hope you get clarification soon. I’d be pretty upset with what Ion said if I was invested into ten man RBGs myself.

6 Likes

They can keep them in the game only for them to die as soon as bg blitz takes over.
BUT
I don’t see the point of holding onto the dying bracket (thats dying before bg blitz even comes in)

1 Like

Its only dying because there are no incentives. If they provided incentives like they do in Arenas with seasonal rewards then the bracket wouldn’t be nearly as dead. In addition to, adding new maps. They are finally adding a new BG after how many years? they need to release new BGs at least ONCE per Xpac.

10 Likes

I lead a guild and our bread and butter are RBGs. We have about 30-35 players who all actively participate in RBGs and more who have in the recent past. They need to have both modes.

They kept 2s and 3s when they released solo shuffle as rated. They need to keep RBGs as well as rated blitz.

Solo shuffles are nothing but a nightmare for most people I know and are beyond tilting and toxic. Rated blitz will turn into that same thing.

If absolutely no one does RBGs after the first expansion, then remove them.

8 Likes

it’s dying because its full of really scummy people who gatekeep it HARD.

The high end of RBGs is literally people who take any advantage.

I remember being told I needed to get a kickbot or I couldn’t play with certain people.

Just lol at high end rbg scum

8 Likes

I would have to disagree with you. Yes the high end teams gate keep 2400; however, its only being gate kept because the player pool is small; therefore, the rating system is deflated due to the low player pool. If there was more incentive to RBG, it would attract more players; therefore, Inflating the CR in the bracket ; as a result, it would be easier to push higher rating. Look at shadowlands season 1 as an example of this. When all the PVE players were forced to RBG to gear during that season, RBGs had so many teams Qing that it was super easy to push high CR. You almost never Q’d into the same team twice in one night. It can be like that again. It is possible.

10 Likes

I once was excited for solo queue rated bgs but not if you’re gonna remove 10v10 rated bgs. I have more than one friend that I like forming a group with to push rating with. What’s the point of playing a “MMO” if it’s not massive and multiplayer anymore? Q’ing with one friend isn’t gonna feel the same as it does now when I can queue up with 9 friends. Rated bgs shouldn’t be removed. The main reason I’m excited for Cata Classic right now? RBGS. Why? Because that was my favorite part of Cata. Bad move Blizzard.

11 Likes

Lets be real.

Shuffle has already killed rbgs.

It’s not coming back. It’s all J’over for rbgs.

2 Likes

If that horrible meme of a competitive game mode geared towards naive and uninitiated casual players that don’t want to actually learn the nuances and skill checks of a particular bracket replaces actual 10v10 it will be a disservice to a dedicated portion of the player base that have been treated like the proverbial redheaded step child of the pvp community for years and ultimately a tragedy of epic proportions. You have neglected the 10v10 bracket for almost a decade now. Refusing to make balancing decisions around it, no unique rewards, no seasonal rewards for the bracket, rampant with known RMT teams, etc. Those that enjoy rated 10v10 aren’t asking for a trivial game mode geared towards casuals that don’t want to push themselves in a competitive pvp environment. It would strip the rated battleground bracket of all its nuance and associated skill checks. We want you to acknowledge our existence and show us the same attention you show 3v3 (and how you should treat 2v2 mind you). If a bracket is under played comparative to others but you have not implemented equivalent incentives in these underplayed brackets. Then it is more than likely derived from your negligence, oversight, and lack of commitment. Hell, you have balanced plunder storm more times in a month than you did the rated 10v10 bracket in an entire decade.

I am happy the development team is branching out and experimenting with new things, and I am also glad people can enjoy battleground blitz whereas I cannot. With that being said lets point out solo shuffle, at its core it is still a 3v3 arena (yeah dampening starts out higher, healers cant drink without a mage etc, so there were some minor changes to make it work I will admit) and if you are someone who is moderately familiar with what you are playing and how to play it along with at least minimal knowledge of other classes and specs and where you fall in a particular dynamic, then yes you can create a system involving solo q for 3v3 arena where you just throw random players together and it more or less still holds up in comparison to its precursor, actual 3v3. When it comes to rated 10v10 solo q you have to be competent in all the areas mentioned above plus understand a whole new list of variables that dont exist in 3v3. Such as how to rotate, spin a base, sit a base, match numbers, follow people out of fight, how many are in stealth, how many are they playing back for our FC, I could write an entire paragraph on these variables that are added when pvp in this game takes place in a rated battleground environment. My point in all this is that you had to employ so many changes to address the issues these variables cause in terms of a solo q system for rated battlegrounds that the entire game mode is unrecognizable and nothing short of silly and devoid of meaningful competition and player to player interaction. To further my point, you could take a player brand new to pvp and have them q solo shuffle for a season and then expose them to the competitive 3v3 environment and it more or less is a good stepping stone to introducing someone to rated arenas, yeah they will likely develop some bad habits that are derived from shuffle that need to be fixed but overall, the things they learned will be a net positive and are almost identical to what they would learn if they tried getting into rated arenas via LFG just but just on a fast track of sorts. Getting new blood into pvp at a higher rate. I know this is rather long winded at this point but the reason I make this observation is because there is… let be clear… ZERO CHANCE a new player learns anything in blitz that has ANY relevance in the rated 10v10 bracket. This is not a system that encourages progression, challenging gameplay, or relevant player to player competition. This is not me being hyperbolic, it would literally be a hindrance to anyone trying to ease their way into rated 10v10.

To summarize, the lack of participation in rated 10v10 is not indicative of the player base not being interested. It is indicative of you abandoning it and treating it like a child you never wanted for almost a decade. Blitz has good elements to it. The way it scales your gear, it is fast paced, has increased currency rewards, etc. It should remain a permanent UNRATED form of content meant to be a way for obtaining increased honor and conquest for returning players and current players gearing alts. As soon as you attach any sort of rating to this 8v8 blitz format is the day it invalidates the rating obtained in all brackets due to how nonsensical and trivial it makes a pvp battleground. There should not be any sort of rating attached to this bracket that awards progress towards seasonal pvp achievements and should only have a MMR based system in place to have some sort of matchmaking potential.

BLITZ SHOULD NEVER BE COMPETETIVE PVP AND RATED 10v10 SHOULD BE REVIVED NOT PUT DOWN. LONG LIVE RBG. o7
Show less

15 Likes

This ^^ and what I heard one of the rbg streamers say earlier. If Blizz would just give people a REASON to queue rbg. Like a title. Or a mount, ANYTHING… rbg would have more players. But here we are, Blizzard just showing their disdain for pvp again. Instead of opening more avenues for pvp, they’re closing them by removing rated bgs.

7 Likes

Nah it’s not about rewards.
People do random bgs all freaking day.
for literally no reward

Rbgs is a terrible bracket. You gotta sit people at bases who do nothing. You gotta have the meta stuff so comp is severely limited.

The biggest kicker is you gotta get 10 people in voice. It’s fine if you find an actual decent team.
I did rbgs for YEARS and EVERY SINGLE TEAM had so much drama all the time.
It’s just a constant poopshow long before you even get into reward structure.

4 Likes