Karokta Mount: Too Rare?

They did? Ew.

Its ok to just admit you don’t actually farm mounts and have no idea what you’re talking about.

0.08% is nowhere near “90% of the mobs that drop a mount.”

A 1% drop chance, a more common figure, is 13x this drop rate.

As a collector with over 700 mounts, while I dislike having too many ultra-rare grinds, it’s kind of cool in my view to have one “Soundless” type each expansion.

Maybe, but with the way Blizzard has been patching drop rates as of late this really strikes me as more of an accident/oversight than something intentional. Early reports had this mount dropping more often in the EU than US as well.

If it’s intentional I’d be satisfied with at least confirmation.

1 Like

Unfortunately they are very quiet when it comes to something like this, but I understand the request. It would certainly be nice if they were more engaging with community-wide issues relating to drop rates in general.

Thats true.

I was inspired by this post which had a Blue confirm drop rates are fine for World Bosses

That’s a good start for sure. I would like to see them comment on a “not working as intended” situation next.

The mount is far too rare for how devastatingly butt ugly it is. Like… You know how they say a face only a mother could love? No, this thing is so butt ugly the mother tried to throw it in the garbage disposal but it was too strong.

They gave a tadpole wings and said here. How in gods name is my Beefy boy meant to ride that without being accused of animal cruelty?

1 Like

Please noo…Soundless desing is the worse between a 100% drop from a big respawn time like Time lost or Aeonaxx and a really low drop like Famu, Huolon.

It’s horrible once the content is not longer relevant because you won’t find groups, even a rare like Brezeebitter with 2-3 hour respawn is a really bad approach because the players just turn WoW into an AFK game waiting for an alert and there’s not gameplay at all, rare is killed and you cross your fingers for a good roll in the slot machine.

The game should be more dynamic and provide better gameplay, also it should be designed considering when the content is not longer current. We don’t need time sinks that don’t provide gameplay and just turn wow into a second monitor game while you check some series or other games…

3 Likes

This is why I recommend mount farmers farm on RP realms. You can create an alt on a dead RP realm and invite your non-RP realm toons into area you’re farming. More often than not you’re not waiting around for anything to spawn (unless it’s one of the mobs that do not spawn when a new shard is started). With that said…

I agree with this. Hmm.

The funny/sad/ironic thing is, there are 3 mounts available from the trading post this month and, IMO, they all look better than the mount that drops from Karokta. Had enough tenders to purchase the two, and will merely play the game without having to camp/wait/luck out for the third.

EDIT - I think they are trying to add a TLPD quality of mount each expansion, but this one isn’t even close. Houlon in MoP was close, but that’s about it.

TLPD is much more elusive than Huolon. Huolon is easily farmed on a dead RP realm with no competition. Its spawn timer is very predictable on such realms too.

I think TLPD is a little excessive given its multiple spawn points and randomness for it spawning to begin with. Even Aeonaxx is significantly easier to farm. I’m not sure I’m up for getting another TLPD :rofl:

When did I say specific percentages? I didn’t. Don’t put words in my mouth.

Wowhead suggests the drop chance of the pet is roughly 5%, the mount is listed as 0.08%.

Here’s what you said in response to me saying it’s too rare:

This is implicitly talking about the drop rate of this mount being normal and in line with “90%” of drop rates. It is most definitely not anywhere near in line with “90%” of drop rates and can not be so casually shrugged off as normal.

Don’t try to backstroke now that I showed actual numbers.

Judging by your replies you are extremely ignorant on the subject, please educate yourself before just spamming the comments. Looking at your profile you have 125 mounts, meaning you have no idea how to collect them, how they work, etc. The points being brought up about this mount being way out of line with every other mount of this type in the last 10 years are 100% true and valid.

2 Likes

It’s often hard to distinguish obvious trolls from those who are ignorant and opinionated about thing they don’t understand.

This mount is forgetting the other half of the iconic rare mount equation. Yes, must be rare. But it also must be cool looking.

Stunted little flappy muppet will be forgotten

I thought the gold version was way cooler.

I need my memory jogged on this cold, blustery Sunday morning…

Was Soundless loot-locked in any way?