Karazhan Chess Bug

I did the chess event last week, and last night. My wife did it just now on her toon. Still bugged. Can we get a blizzard response to this?

Still an issue, I have submitted a report on it happening for the LAST 4 WEEKS, still no response to my ticket even though blizz opened it two days ago…

1 Like

I tried again still bugged.

1 Like

Another week. Still bugged. Submitted an in game bug report, and tweeted warcraft devs. Also doing another post here. I just want to see an acknowledgement that this is a bug and when it will be fixed.

It is still bugged.
Hope Blizz fixes it soon. And I hope they fix it so that we can just skip the event.

Just ran the chess event again this week and I am still not able to obtain loot. I have yet to see a response from Blizzard on this. I will tag warcraft devs in another tweet, and submit a bug report in game.

Can confirm, still an issue. Just beat it, no cog. can’t loot. And it sucks cause I was literally only going in for the Kings Defender.

@Blizzard - can we get information on this?

Hi, I just had the same problem with the Kara chess event. At the end it asked me if I wanted to join a dungeon in progress 10/11. I said sure, then didn’t get the loot the chest. I had the pacify buff after the event was over. I attempted to press all my abilities that did damage to no avail. However, when I tabbed out while in combat, something worked and killed the mob… I did this for the trash leading up to the Prince, when I killed one of the two mobs that were on me, i was able to cast my bubble on my paladin and therefore lost the chess debuff to one shot the Prince. Glitchy/Buggy but it worked? Still no loot from Chess though.

1 Like

Just ran Kara and this happened to me as well. For hunters, if you don’t have your pet out before the game you can summon it out and have it attacked the mobs leading up to the Prince. You still don’t get loot from the chess game but at least you are able to finish the instance. This will probably work for any class that has a pet.

Ran it tonight (10/6/19) no cog / no loot.

This has been happening to me every run since before 8.2. I also get the “You are joining an X/X raid encounter message” once its done. PLEASE FIX THIS BLIZZARD I WANT MA HUNTER BOOTS

1 Like

How hard is it to at least address this?
I have made at least a dozen in-game bug reports. There are multiple replies to this bug report and there are many similar threads on the forum going back to 8.2

How hard is it to get someone from your company to respond to your clients about a known bug?

1 Like

Bumping this to the top as it’s been happening to me as well. Even when I beat the event, I cannot loot and remained perma silenced while in the instance.

1 Like

The pacify debuff is the worst part since it makes killing Prince impossible. I can’t even use my wand after the Chess event.

2 Likes

I ran this with a friend last week and the chest was unlootable, plus we were pacified for the rest of the raid. We were only able to down the last boss because my pet wasn’t pacified.

I’ve had to contact support two weeks in a row in order to get my loot from the Chess Event, and I’ll probably have to do the same next week at this rate.

Honestly, it’s getting quite tiresome to have to beat a somewhat strategic encounter, only to have to wait a day or so to be disappointed that those stupid boots once again didn’t drop.

By the gods, I just want to finish this lousy tier set.

Still bugged as of 10/21/19. Having the same problems like everyone else, I just wanna finish the set on my rogue/druid :confused:

I’ve seen a few things going on with this event so here are a couple of solutions to some of these issues. Hopefully, this will help people get past the Chess Event without frustration.

1. Game pieces disappear when you leave them using the Dismiss button
  • Right-click on the Chess Event icon in your buff bar to cancel out instead of using Dismiss.
  1. You are Silenced after completing the Chess Event
  • Talk to the Echo of Medivh and have him restart the game. That should remove the silence debuff and allow you to kill stuff once more.
  1. Unable to loot the contents of the Chess Event treasure box
  • There is no solution to this that is currently known at the moment. Waiting on a response from the Devs / Blizz support.
2 Likes

Same problem. 4 months later still no fix!

2 Likes

Still an issue. Ran it on my two druids, no loot from chest. When I win the Chess event, I get a notification talking about being saved to the instance, of which I already am.